Revis-Asomugha Would Have Bigger Impact Than Pass Rusher

Kentucky Jet

You also gotta remember once the new league cba is signed the Jets and Revis are gonna sit down and rework his deal. I have no idea which way that will go in either helping the Jets, or making Revis richer, but I do know that Tanny is no idiot, and will figure a way to free up some cash for the next 2-3 years in doing it one way or another.

Lose the battle, win the war!

When this CBA sh** gets sorted out, no chance Revis can get his ridiculous preseason holdout demands from another team. His best play is to be a good soldier until his next opportunity for a payday comes.

Giving Aso more money than Revis would piss him off to no end, but he won't be able to do anything about it. In the meantime, we get the 2nd best player at his position on the roster anyways. Win-win for the Jets.

In that event, what are teams going to do to beat us? Throw exclusively at Kyle Wilson all day? Run the ball? Lmao.

When this CBA sh** gets sorted out, no chance Revis can get his ridiculous preseason holdout demands from another team. His best play is to be a good soldier until his next opportunity for a payday comes.

Giving Aso more money than Revis would piss him off to no end, but he won't be able to do anything about it. In the meantime, we get the 2nd best player at his position on the roster anyways. Win-win for the Jets.

In that event, what are teams going to do to beat us? Throw exclusively at Kyle Wilson all day? Run the ball? Lmao.

Kyle Wilson calls those reps and he'd throw up 6 INTs easy.

Kyle Wilson calls those reps and he'd throw up 6 INTs easy. More Ds should be focused on defending the pass anyway...

Yep. And f*** the philosophy that suggested its a better idea to have 3 or 4 pretty good corners than 1 or 2 dominant ones and a bunch of JAG's. Even Brady and Manning still have their favorite targets; they spread the field to GET IT to those dependable targets, not because they like throwing to the Julian Edelman's or Blair White's of the world.

You bring in Aso to go with Revis, and even the best QB's in the universe won't know what to do.

You also have to remember Aso can tackle just as good as Revis, so those game planned WR screens, toss sweeps, stretch plays, ect... to Cromartie's side would disappear from the gameplans. Wilson, Pool, Leohnard, and Smith all can also tackle very well, so that would be awesome, the only weakness we would have is the lack of a centerfield Safety.

You also have to remember Aso can tackle just as good as Revis, so those game planned WR screens, toss sweeps, stretch plays, ect... to Cromartie's side would disappear from the gameplans. Wilson, Pool, Leohnard, and Smith all can also tackle very well, so that would be awesome, the only weakness we would have is the lack of a centerfield Safety.

To which I think we can address this in the draft if we are able to resign Edwards, Holmes, Ellis, Harris, and Aso...I'm specifically hoping for a guy like Deunta Williams to slid since he is currently injured and missed most of the season on suspension...

we need a pass rusher. not another corner. i heard this same crap when we got cro. yeah it's nice to have breat corners. but a pass rush makes your corners better. yo uneed a pass rush in this league. i dont care how good your corners are they cant cover forever. you cant let a qb sit back in th epocket all day and give him a chance to pick you apart.

+ 1

Yep. And f*** the philosophy that suggested its a better idea to have 3 or 4 pretty good corners than 1 or 2 dominant ones and a bunch of JAG's. Even Brady and Manning still have their favorite targets; they spread the field to GET IT to those dependable targets, not because they like throwing to the Julian Edelman's or Blair White's of the world.

You bring in Aso to go with Revis, and even the best QB's in the universe won't know what to do.

I honestly don't think Brees or Manning care who they get the ball to, from just watching them play. Rivers, Cutler and Bradford can also be added to that list. So that's 5 QBs, I think for everyone else you are right however.

The fact that Bradford is on that list says a lot about the guy..although of course my list could be meaningless too.

I honestly don't think Brees or Manning care who they get the ball to, from just watching them play. Rivers, Cutler and Bradford can also be added to that list. So that's 5 QBs, I think for everyone else you are right however.

The fact that Bradford is on that list says a lot about the guy..although of course my list could be meaningless too.

Why the hell would Bradford care who he was getting the ball to? He is choosing between Danny Amendola and Laurent Robinson. Dog sh*t is dog sh*t.

we need a pass rusher. not another corner. i heard this same crap when we got cro. yeah it's nice to have breat corners. but a pass rush makes your corners better. yo uneed a pass rush in this league. i dont care how good your corners are they cant cover forever. you cant let a qb sit back in th epocket all day and give him a chance to pick you apart.

+ 1

The idea of Cro being in Aso's category = laughable.

Why the hell would Bradford care who he was getting the ball to? He is choosing between Danny Amendola and Laurent Robinson. Dog sh*t is dog sh*t.

That speaks very well for him though, that as a rookie QB with terrible WRs that he still stepped in and played really well. He managed to get them what, a +7 win differential (from their prior 2 seasons combined)? That's MVP material right there.

That speaks very well for him though, that as a rookie QB with terrible WRs that he still stepped in and played really well. He managed to get them what, a +7 win differential (from their prior 2 seasons combined)? That's MVP material right there.

If Donnie Avery and/or Mark Clayton had stayed healthy, they definitely make the playoffs. I remember Clayton had 1 game before he got hurt where he had 16 catches. 16!

The Rams need a better strength/conditioning coach or something. The last 2-3 years the Rams have been going with scrubs all over the field because of all the injuries they sustain.

I would speak highly of Bradford. If he stays healthy he looks like he will be good. OTOH, I think it's easier to go from 1-15 to 7-9, than from 7-9 to 10-6.

If Donnie Avery and/or Mark Clayton had stayed healthy, they definitely make the playoffs. I remember Clayton had 1 game before he got hurt where he had 16 catches. 16!

The Rams need a better strength/conditioning coach or something. The last 2-3 years the Rams have been going with scrubs all over the field because of all the injuries they sustain.

Yes, but 8-8 makes the playoffs. You had it right. 16 catches deserves an exclamation point, but not 8-8.

I would speak highly of Bradford. If he stays healthy he looks like he will be good. OTOH, I think it's easier to go from 1-15 to 7-9, than from 7-9 to 10-6.

Yes, but 8-8 makes the playoffs. You had it right. 16 catches deserves an exclamation point, but not 8-8.

I'd argue that they would have gone better than 8-8 with a healthy Avery and/or Clayton. And I don't believe I put an exclamation point on them just making the playoffs.

If there's football, there will be a salary cap. And it will be more favorable to the owners than the last one.

People who are still feeling the sting in their anus about Revis' 4 year 46M deal can't possibly want to spend a similar amount on a second CB, can they? Tough to keep Cro around at a projected cost in the $10M range.

Rex/Pettine >>>> Schotty/Sanchez

The defensive guys can coach up just about anyone to a solid (or much better than that) defense. Cap money needs to be spent on the soon to be departing talent on the offensive side of the ball. The Jets aren't a team that seems to have any interest in drafting a WR in the first round, but won't hesitate to take any defensive position at #30. They should spend their allotment on their own WR's before they bring in the Raiders CB. The offense needs to improve, and as it stands they're scheduled to get worse. Adding Aso at the expense of Holmes and/or Edwards is bad for the team as a whole.

Jets need to get younger and more athletic in the front seven. I like the move they made to bring in the CFL LB. Cheap, younger guy who's gotten some sacks. Ideally, there will be a quality front seven guy there at #30, but I'm sure the Jets won't flinch at taking another secondary player there if that's the BAP. Rex loves DB's, and the Jets will never have a shortage of them as long as he's here.

But Aso is a massive luxury that the Jets can't afford.

The idea of Cro being in Aso's category = laughable.

nobody said that cro was in aso's league. but it still doesn't matter. you need a pass rush in this league. i dont give a sh*t how good your corners are.....they cant cover receivers forever. if you let any qb sit back in the pocket unpressured he will pick you apart. you let brady or manning sit back there and you get shellacked 45-3. a great pass rush would have amuch bigge rimpact on this defense than aso would. aso can still only cover one guy. a pass rush makes everyone in the secondary better. it's a no brainer.

nobody said that cro was in aso's league. but it still doesn't matter. you need a pass rush in this league. i dont give a sh*t how good your corners are.....they cant cover receivers forever. if you let any qb sit back in the pocket unpressured he will pick you apart. you let brady or manning sit back there and you get shellacked 45-3. a great pass rush would have amuch bigge rimpact on this defense than aso would. aso can still only cover one guy. a pass rush makes everyone in the secondary better. it's a no brainer.

We got 5 sacks on Brady in the playoffs purely thanks to a great gameplan. In addition, getting Aso wouldn't disqualify us from improving our pass-rush. Aso wouldn't be the only addition we'd be making this offseason.

We got 5 sacks on Brady in the playoffs purely thanks to a great gameplan. In addition, getting Aso wouldn't disqualify us from improving our pass-rush. Aso wouldn't be the only addition we'd be making this offseason.

Are the Jets gonna be excempt from the salary cap in the new CBA, do you know something we all do not?

**** Aso, Cromartie, and Harris! Let them all walk, sign BE, Holmes, and draft the kid from Boise St. Titus Young the 170 pound WR that is faster than DJack, then trade up into the 2nd round, or trade back with the a team like the Broncos, our 30th for their 36th, and 46th and draft Young, and Martez Wilson (Harris' replacement) draft S DeAndre McDanial, in the 3rd round he is first round talent, but will fall because of character issues. And Cromartie's replacement is already on the team we drafted him in the first round last year.

This would give Sanchez an amazing talent core to work from, and Rex more than enough to keep teams to 21-24 points cause he be the mad genius.

I'd argue that they would have gone better than 8-8 with a healthy Avery and/or Clayton. And I don't believe I put an exclamation point on them just making the playoffs.

Right. That's what I meant. You had it right on your exclamations. I'm not so sure about them picking up two games, but they are in a weak division, so who knows.

We almost lost the Lions game because of Nate Burleson.

Yep. Johnny Knox had a pretty big game too and that's not even the point. If they could man up both WR better it will be easier to help on the slot, TE and RB.

If there's football, there will be a salary cap. And it will be more favorable to the owners than the last one.

People who are still feeling the sting in their anus about Revis' 4 year 46M deal can't possibly want to spend a similar amount on a second CB, can they? Tough to keep Cro around at a projected cost in the $10M range.

Rex/Pettine >>>> Schotty/Sanchez

The defensive guys can coach up just about anyone to a solid (or much better than that) defense. Cap money needs to be spent on the soon to be departing talent on the offensive side of the ball. The Jets aren't a team that seems to have any interest in drafting a WR in the first round, but won't hesitate to take any defensive position at #30. They should spend their allotment on their own WR's before they bring in the Raiders CB. The offense needs to improve, and as it stands they're scheduled to get worse. Adding Aso at the expense of Holmes and/or Edwards is bad for the team as a whole.

Jets need to get younger and more athletic in the front seven. I like the move they made to bring in the CFL LB. Cheap, younger guy who's gotten some sacks. Ideally, there will be a quality front seven guy there at #30, but I'm sure the Jets won't flinch at taking another secondary player there if that's the BAP. Rex loves DB's, and the Jets will never have a shortage of them as long as he's here.

But Aso is a massive luxury that the Jets can't afford.

You may be right that they can't afford him, but they might not be able to afford Cromartie either. They have to check it out, especially if the guy is looking to play for the Jets or Packers.

I DON'T agree at all that they need to stack the offense just because Rex is a better coach than Schottenheimer. The fact is, no matter what talent they get on O they are still at the mercy of Sanchez. They have to give him weapons, but even with them it's a crap shoot. Give Rex the horses and you can pretty much count on shutting people down.

I dont understand the Cromartie hate. Somehow Revis spoiled Jets fans worse than Mariano Rivera spoiled yankees fans.

Its not hate, its the fact that he will command around 10 million a year, any smart person would never commit that much money to him. If he wants to sign for 5-7 mill per than come on, ill supply the pen.

Are the Jets gonna be excempt from the salary cap in the new CBA, do you know something we all do not?

Will they be exempt from making draft picks? I was under the impression there are lots of good pass-rushers in this crop of prospects. Get Aso, use the # 30 overall pick on a pass-rusher.

Its not hate, its the fact that he will command around 10 million a year, any smart person would never commit that much money to him. If he wants to sign for 5-7 mill per than come on, ill supply the pen.

I think your generous pen offer should be enough to get this deal done.

Archived