Denver: 11-4 since 'Melo deal

Jetsfan80

Discuss.

No size. Billups has been a complete disaster. Lack of defense, no rhythm on offense. I want to say it will get better, but it's starting to get the mid 2000's feel again....especially with Donnie leaving once the season is over.

They just dont have a full roster, they have not size or strength underneath. The immediate records are not good indicators of the future. The Knicks a few pieces away from being dominate. Most of us knew that this wasnt going to be a immediate success and that its going to take an offseason or 2, to build a team around 2 superstars. That is the situation that every team wants.

Dont let Ecurb come in here and tell you that the Bulls method was the way to do it, build a team and wait for the best player in the NBA to fall in your lap. Thats just pure luck.

Knicks did the right thing, and it will pay off in the long run.

The final judgement on all trades should be made one month and 15 regular season games after they happen. That's enough time for everything to fall into place.

I sincerely doubt there is a single Knicks fan who believed this trade made the Knicks a contender right now. In fact, many of us said it made the team worse in the short term but it set the Knicks up well with two superstars to build around in the long term.

I really couldn't possibly care less what Denver's fortunes have been since the trade. I sincerely doubt they win a playoff series, as I sincerely doubted the Knicks were going to win one before the trade was made and never thought they would this year at any point pre or post trade.

Based on the last decade, I just want to see the Knicks win a playoff game.

If Jimmy Dolan brings back Isaiah Thomas and dumps Donnie Walsh after the season, I think it is our responsibility as Knicks fans to band together and institute legal proceedings to have Dolan committed to an insane asylum.

Discuss.

Hard to think of either team as a serious contender at this point. The question is, which team is in better shape moving forward? The Knicks have two great players but no cap room, while the Nuggets have a bunch of spunky role players in need of one great post player that will be next to impossible to find unless Dwight Howard has a secret, burning lust to play in Colorado. Overall, it depends on the Knicks unsettled GM situation. They instantly return to the Dark Ages the second Isiah walks through the door.

They just dont have a full roster, they have not size or strength underneath. The immediate records are not good indicators of the future. The Knicks a few pieces away from being dominate. Most of us knew that this wasnt going to be a immediate success and that its going to take an offseason or 2, to build a team around 2 superstars. That is the situation that every team wants.

Dont let Ecurb come in here and tell you that the Bulls method was the way to do it, build a team and wait for the best player in the NBA to fall in your lap. Thats just pure luck.

Knicks did the right thing, and it will pay off in the long run.

Rondo's not on the Bulls.

#advancedmetrics

Just proves how bad of a team player Melo is...

Anyone want to take a trip down memory lane and talk about Phil Jackson telling MJ he needed to become a team player to win it all....

Nuggets > Knicks and that is pathetic for the Knicks right now...

Below 500... nice job!

No size. Billups has been a complete disaster. Lack of defense, no rhythm on offense. I want to say it will get better, but it's starting to get the mid 2000's feel again....especially with Donnie leaving once the season is over.

Nah, it's not going to be as hard bringing in a new coach this time.

Who do you want? Realistically....Mark Jackson?

Who is even out there?

Jackson's the obvious one. If Shaw was willing to leave LA for Cleveland I'd think he'd certainly take NY with enough money on the table. Tell you the truth the two guys that makes the most sense for the job (Frank and JVG), Dolan would never hire because of this stupid thing he's got going with the Nets for the former and sour grapes for the latter. Both have a ton of experience coaching winning teams and understand the importance of hierarchy and role players, and defense. Shaw too even.

Jackson's the obvious one. If Shaw was willing to leave LA for Cleveland I'd think he'd certainly take NY with enough money on the table. Tell you the truth the two guys that makes the most sense for the job (Frank and JVG), Dolan would never hire because of this stupid thing he's got going with the Nets for the former and sour grapes for the latter. Both have a ton of experience coaching winning teams and understand the importance of hierarchy and role players, and defense. Shaw too even.

You would personally drive in to the Garden to beat the sh*t out of Lawrence Frank after about two weeks of his coaching. The guy was built to coach at Eastern Montana Tech.

Archived