FULL SERVICE ONLY?? - WTF Jersey

The Gun Of Bavaria

Hey Jersey types,

I've been forgetting to ask. It's 2005, can someone please tell me why a state law needs to mandate Full Serve gas stations statewide?

I was at that Service Plaza on the Turnpike, the 1st one south of the stadium, and I almost pulled my piece on some lazy ass who didn't care if he gassed up 6 or 60 cars on his shift.

I'm sure there's a reason, I'd love to hear it.

That's odd, when we went on our honeymoon in Oregon it was the same way. I hopped out of the car and went to fill up and some dude walks up to the car and tells me it's full service. I noticed after that that all the stations there were full service too. I have no idea what's up with that.

Guns,

I think the law is in place to protect the "workers". Yet somehow when I was paying $3 a gallon and was the only one there, they couldn't be bothered to was my window or even be nice.

It is stupid. The Turnpike won't let you gas up. And each worker can only handle 2 pumps. Which equates to LONG lines and many pumps which are closed.

It is frustrating. One of the things I hate most about the state.

Hey Jersey types,

I've been forgetting to ask. It's 2005, can someone please tell me why a state law needs to mandate Full Serve gas stations statewide?

I was at that Service Plaza on the Turnpike, the 1st one south of the stadium, and I almost pulled my piece on some lazy a$$ who didn't care if he gassed up 6 or 60 cars on his shift.

I'm sure there's a reason, I'd love to hear it.

I flew back out of Philly and stopped right before the Whitman Bridge to fill the rental car because I never prepay for the tankfull and give them even more money. The poor little girl manning the pump let it shut off way to soon. When I went to top it off, she told me I couldn't touch the pump so I asked her if she would do it. She was already about 3 minutes into trying to make change for a $20, so I told her to keep it and took off for the airport. Then I got docked for an 1/8 of a tank from full by Hertz. That law really needs to go away.

New Jersey is the only state that I know of where you make a left turn from the right lane on any halfway busy street. #-o Also, look at the Jets record since they announced the Jersey stadium. Keeping that in mind, then I guess it makes sense. :shock:

you haven't been to South Florida, have you?

Here's my 10 cents...On the turnpike it is always very busy. So my ASSumption is that they want to service the cars themselves to make sure that they get paid and that no one fills up and just dips out. there are so many scams and things where people can fill up on the card you just used to buy your gas...and if someone leaves the pump down they can just pump gas and never pay. I think they do that to insure payment....That has been my 10 cents plus 2... :lol:

Archived