The Office Mafia Game Thread

Have to assume what CTM said was true, then. Two periods of night actions that allowed this player (has to be scum) to destroy an item after it moved from one player to another. Maybe they can track items? Not sure why they would've chosen CTM to target.

JC's item can be powerful at end game, not so much now.

Hess's copier would seem to be potentially more damaging. If a player can put whatever name/alignment they want in there and pass it along, it could potentially give false indications. If Hess was the first person to have it, I'd tend to believe that the note in there was true. Can't completely exclude the possibility that scum had the item to start the game, though.

To the bold... scum has to have the ability to either follow/track items as they move, OR destroy specific items independent of the person possessing them, which was the one thing CTM refused to recognize.

It'll be interesting to see if either the copier or strong man award get destroyed tonight, or if its something we haven't heard of yet. Have to imagine if the copier is giving legit results they'll remove it.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still leery of Hess. I don't see why he was so eager to get out the fact that JiFruit was town when the Dyke on a Trike was in no danger of getting lynched. Looked like unnecessary grandstanding to me.

CTM's death would be a lot sweeter if he was scum. If it didn't get done today though we'd have spent all day tomorrow going over the same crap.

dont you think he would have always had access to the computer

He said he won the trivia question and no one countered. He also said he stole a letter from the ape which the ape confirmed. Are you saying you think he started with 2 items?

I'm still leery of Hess. I don't see why he was so eager to get out the fact that JiFruit was town when the Dyke on a Trike was in no danger of getting lynched. Looked like unnecessary grandstanding to me.

CTM's death would be a lot sweeter if he was scum. If it didn't get done today though we'd have spent all day tomorrow going over the same crap.

I mentioned it was worth bringing up in the beginning of Day 2. You can think what you want of it.

I don't honestly see how an item that told Hess JiF was town could make anyone feel better about Hess. The "hi JiF" comment at the beginning of the day still strikes me as bad for someone who confirmed a player was town. Even if he is town, he's only served to make JiF a target at night, IMO

I just saw an episode of BSG that was sooo scary and gross.

You're gross!

I don't honestly see how an item that told Hess JiF was town could make anyone feel better about Hess. The "hi JiF" comment at the beginning of the day still strikes me as bad for someone who confirmed a player was town. Even if he is town, he's only served to make JiF a target at night, IMO

^ This.

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah,

1) Scum will be looking for PR's imo

2) I've seen close to semi-confirmed townie's live forever in these games.

3) If JiF dies I doubt they find their power role as I believe he was confirmed by a Mod. Part of why I wanted to reveal. Doubt he'd have a PR to boot.

So you think I should have kept my mouth shut knowing what I knew and kept it a secret the whole game? Is that what you'd do?

Yes, unless he was in danger of lynch, I wouldn't say anything.

And what happens if you're DK'ed orNK'ed? You're acting like Scum doesn't already know. It only helps town imo. I watched Optimas Primate almost make it to end game in Star Wars as a confirmed townie. We play different I guess.

And what happens if you're DK'ed orNK'ed? You're acting like Scum doesn't already know. It only helps town imo. I watched Optimas Primate almost make it to end game in Star Wars as a confirmed townie. We play different I guess.

Wicket the Ewok for the mofo win :)

Cool. So you plan on killing me tonight?

Thanks.

The employees are in an uproar.

"If CTM was not a conniving bastard ... then who is?"

Everyone looks around in fear. Just then, the phone starts to ring. Someone puts it on speaker.

"This is corporate. Everyone in the conference room for a conference call. We have something urgent to discuss."

The employees rush into the conference room, anxious to hear the news.

"It has come to our attention that one of you has been making frequent long distance calls on the company's dime. That is very much against our company's policy. Therefore, the person to be fired is ..."

"I made those calls," Jetscode announces.

"What? According to our records, it was someone else."

"I made those calls. I used ... the other person's phone to make them. It was me. All me."

"Okay, well then, erm, I guess that's that. Jetscode, you're fired."

The person fired was Jetscode1, A.K.A Kelly Kapoor (townie), A.K.A Modified Lover. (Did not know partner's alignment. Did not share a quicktopic. Passed a test, then chose to be fired in place of lover, instead of taking both down.)

Jetscode has left behind the computer.

kelly-kapoor-theoffice-125.jpg

Everyone is stunned.

"What just happened? Didn't it seem like Kelly was covering for someone else?" asks Verbal.

He takes a sip of coffee from his mug. Or ... what looked like his mug.

Verbal starts frothing at the mouth. "AKKKKKK--"

He keels over, unable to say another word. Unable even to 'hehe' for one last time.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Verbal A.K.A Jim Halpert A.K.A Mafia Redirector (can choose to either direct someone's power to another person, OR can choose to direct the effect of someone's item on another person) has been poisoned!

jim.jpg

I am flying to Ohio and back today for a presentation, an important one. I'll do my best to keep up via my sh*tty Droid phone while at the airport sitting around, otherwise late tonight or tomorrow will be when I'm back.

Nice job to whoever took out Verbal.

Archived