Hell House Mafia Game Thread

HessStation

I voted you and was pretty clear it was a hunch and you went on this idiot campaign with your butt pirate friend. Your acting out what your accusing others of doing in bold.. right ?

I mocked your vote on me - I'm not defending against your "hunch".

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but think that the Ape/Slats exchange is exactly what Vic was gunning for?

I don't think anyone else cares but you two.

Unvote Smash - Vote Vic - and see if he's pinging anyone else like he is me.

Official Vote Count

Dan (1): Pac

AVM (2): Sharrow, Dan

Jetscode (1): JiF

Pac (3): Brett, CTM, Slats

Sharrow (1): AVM

Slats (2): Primate, Vic

DPR (1): Duke

Primate (1): Smash

Vic (1): DPR

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch

Not voting: Crusher, Brett, Lily, JC

Deadline 8:00 pm Monday

I love teh fact that game after game, there comes a time where I put a single vote on someone - and that someone makes a HUGE stink over my one single vote. Pretty profound when you consider that I am the worst player ever and "generally considered to be dumb."

Slats I told you play your game, but you didn't listen. I was paying very close attention to the casing you were doing, because if you noticed before you over-reacted to my vote on you, I was saying similar things about Brett, Pac, JIF, Jetscode, Sharrow... but you couldn't resist getting all myopic and worrying only about what the Monkey is saying.

You are the embodiment of your own criticisms of me.

From a confirmed townie perspective, so please don't think I'm casing you with this sh*t, but enough. The bolded is a reference/statement/whatever that you make - every. single. ****in'. game. Please stop. The post I quoted before was really good, imo. I agreed 100% with it, and I think that when you apply yourself to scumhunting, you do it well.

But when you start down that 1-way street of yours and make yourself the center of attention, I want to lynch you regardless of alignment. I think others might feel this way, which is why you take a boatload of heat.

NEWSFLASH! Nobody thinks you're dumb. Seriously. They will probably quote this post and say something like "speak for yourself", but it's true. Nobody thinks you're dumb. So there is no need to prove yourself every game. Just scumhunt and vote accordingly. If you make good cases, people will follow. If you don't, they'll make fun of you like they do to everybody else. It's the way you respond with these crusades that make people continue to badger you.

Sorry for the lecture, but you are becoming a distraction. Scumhunt ftw and let's get the **** out of this house.

Official Vote Count

Smash (1): DPR

Sharrow (1): AVM

Not voting: Crusher, Brett, Lily, JC

Wow. 9/16 players have votes on them with < 7 hours 'til deadline.

I'm pretty content with my vote on Pac, and the players I'd be most willing to move to don't have any votes at all - which is frustrating. We need to start consolidating here, though.

To me, this loks like a Vic/Smash bumrush to put the heat on me, Slats, Ape, Dan and anyone else while pulling attention off of AVM? I'm starting to like a Vic lynch more and more. Lemme check the vote count.

Thats some list you got there DPR .

I can't help but think that the Ape/Slats exchange is exactly what Vic was gunning for?

Don't think for a moment that I care, either.

Not really. Speaking totally honestly these head-butting matches of CTM vs Pac or Monkey vs slats or Monkey vs CTM and those clashing of the egos is essentially when I back off and stop posting. Makes it hard to get a word in and also I'd just rather make dick jokes and play the game. I like all these guys. When it becomes a slap fight like this it doesn't help anyone IMO.

I'm pretty content with my vote on Pac, and the players I'd be most willing to move to don't have any votes at all - which is frustrating. We need to start consolidating here, though.

Why don't we just admit that the 1-voters aren't likely to get lynched today? Yourself, Pac, and AVM are catching heat and have multiple votes. Why don't we think about consolidating there?

Of course, you're all welcome to lynch Dan. She's mean, sucks, and it probably scum anyway.

Agreed. I think Pac, AVM and yourself would have to be our main choices. I'd love to hear more from Dan though, I side with JiF on the fact that she escaped early pressure. I know we had the weekend and I rarely try to call anyone out for not being here during the weekend due to my own inactivity.

Am I your #1 absolute best case for scum at this point in the game? Because I plan to remember that when you're telling everyone after the game how ******* smart you were and picked out every scum right off the bat. Again.

I do overreact to you because I find you annoying. Make your case rather than try to get under my skin. I've come after you hardest in the past when we were both town. You know this. Why continue to be a dick? Me calling you out for stupidity has been proven to not be a scumtell.

I have two lists right now. You are on one of them, #1 best case? No. I don't have a best case, I have a case that makes sense to me right now - its out there, and I wanted to see how OTHER people took to it, not end up arguing with you. Certainly wasn't in the mood for all the "you are stupid" comments that you unfurled as though you missed not doing it last game.

Can I be a dick? You bet. But in this case, I was giving back what I was getting. I started off having a civil conversation with you, yeah, I voted you in the midst of it... but I wasn't insulting, just place a vote. I thought maybe, just maybe you woudn't over-react to one vote and start with this crap, let my case sit there and lets see what happens. Read between the lines bro, I said "play your game" how many times to you? I'm trying to figure sh*t out - I put stuff out there all the time, with varying degrees of confidence, in order to elicit reactions. This whole game is based on evaluating reactions to one another. I was just trying to play, not get into this nonsense.

Every single time we fight like this its because you take what I'm doing at face value and convince yourself I can't possibly have a single other thought in my head. You end up wrong every time.

As for the last sentence. Nice wifom.

Not really. Speaking totally honestly these head-butting matches of CTM vs Pac or Monkey vs slats or Monkey vs CTM and those clashing of the egos is essentially when I back off and stop posting. Makes it hard to get a word in and also I'd just rather make dick jokes and play the game. I like all these guys. When it becomes a slap fight like this it doesn't help anyone IMO.

Good for you. You get a vote, and now you're the voice of reason.

Why don't we just admit that the 1-voters aren't likely to get lynched today? Yourself, Pac, and AVM are catching heat and have multiple votes. Why don't we think about consolidating there?

Of course, you're all welcome to lynch Dan. She's mean, sucks, and it probably scum anyway.

Haha! Yeah! Let's stick with the huge 2 person trains on me and AVM, and the overpowering three on Pac.

I'm not moving to myself, and would probably move to Vic before AVM at this point in time.

So many suspects so little time...

My thoughts...still centered on Vic and Pac with a slight concern over AVM. Significant items oberved since Jack's demise...

1. Slats made an interesting observation over the voting that put WWWwombat to L-1...I was suspect of Pac but had a town read on Jif (even tho JiF was voting me), Brett, and Crusher....when I pressed Jack for his commentary I started to realize how little JiF and Brett had wrestled in this game and after Jack commented they appeared to go after each other which seemed almost like it was for show...not sure what to make of it at this time but not their usual cutthroat, take out the other at all costs interplay.

2. I agree with Ape when he characterized of Slats grandstanding on DV for the possibility of labeling the DV as scum...not sure why Slats is so hard over as the DV as scum ...but I also thought the DV could have been an overeager D1 townie or scum who PM the DV on WWWWombat.

3. For the moment, I'd like to exert a little pressure on the player who put a momentum vote on both WWWWombat and 80 was Sharrow...so...

VOTE: Sharrow

Official Vote Count

Sharrow (2): AVM, Jetscode

Vic (1): DPR

Not voting: Crusher, Brett, Lily

Good for you. You get a vote, and now you're the voice of reason.

Btw, this is a scumtell for DPR. The subtle, biting remarks are a calling card of scumpirate. Usually, it's the jovial banter and jokes from buttpirate, but scumpirate acts like this. Just sayin'.

Haha! Yeah! Let's stick with the huge 2 person trains on me and AVM, and the overpowering three on Pac.

I'm not moving to myself, and would probably move to Vic before AVM at this point in time.

Hehe. Funny thing is that I posted that seriously, and then laughed when I realized the exact vote counts.

Btw, this is a scumtell for DPR. The subtle, biting remarks are a calling card of scumpirate. Usually, it's the jovial banter and jokes from buttpirate, but scumpirate acts like this. Just sayin'.

Hehe. Funny thing is that I posted that seriously, and then laughed when I realized the exact vote counts.

And he already has baited me into voting him which would mean he would just flip it around to be a OMGUS vote.

From a confirmed townie perspective, so please don't think I'm casing you with this sh*t, but enough. The bolded is a reference/statement/whatever that you make - every. single. ****in'. game. Please stop. The post I quoted before was really good, imo. I agreed 100% with it, and I think that when you apply yourself to scumhunting, you do it well.

But when you start down that 1-way street of yours and make yourself the center of attention, I want to lynch you regardless of alignment. I think others might feel this way, which is why you take a boatload of heat.

NEWSFLASH! Nobody thinks you're dumb. Seriously. They will probably quote this post and say something like "speak for yourself", but it's true. Nobody thinks you're dumb. So there is no need to prove yourself every game. Just scumhunt and vote accordingly. If you make good cases, people will follow. If you don't, they'll make fun of you like they do to everybody else. It's the way you respond with these crusades that make people continue to badger you.

Sorry for the lecture, but you are becoming a distraction. Scumhunt ftw and let's get the **** out of this house.

Scumhunting is how this started. I voted Slats, without insult or abrasiveness. Then he proceeded to take it to this point because that's what he does every time I vote him. Point fingers somewhere else. If he insults, me I will insult back. Tough sh*t if I'm better at insults than scumhunting.

TBH, I know its a distraction, but this arguing with Slats goes back to last season when I started playing. I let it ride here to make a point. My point: Its not a one-sided distraction. I've actually acquiesced into making a concerted effort to change my play style to make other people happy. Yet when other people tee off on me, I guess I'm supposed to just take it?

Wes is a unique cat - if our numbers were really good, I'd just advocate lynching him to confirm him as townie and let him help scumhunt. He's good at identifying people working together, but obviously you can't trust that info without knowing his alignment. Seeing that he can still post after death, it still might not be a bad idea to lynch him on the scumtell he dropped, and if I'm wrong then at least it still adds some value in having an active (and skilled) scumhunter in the mix.

But, we are dropping like flies here, so perhaps that idea isn't ideal. Meh.

NEWSFLASH! Nobody thinks you're dumb. Seriously.

speak for yourself

They will probably quote this post and say something like "speak for yourself", but it's true.

doh

Nobody thinks you're dumb.

i do

Pac, brett, vic and avm are where i'd prefer to vote today..

ALso, brett isn't voting which is total bs.. 6 1/2 hrs out from deadline.. crusher too, i have to imagine scum is trying to force us into the same type of decision that lead to 80's lynch by witholding votes or sticking them in places with no previous traction (fos jetscode)

pac seems to be stagnant, so i'll see if anyoen is more interested in vic

unvote

vote vic

edit: is ee avm is on sharrow, where is avm anyway?

Official Vote Count

Pac (2): Brett, Slats

Sharrow (2): AVM, Jetscode

Vic (2): DPR, CTM

Not voting: Crusher, Brett, Lily

That's how I feel. If I vote him now people will latch onto that as "well you didn't vote him initially."

I do feel my weakest point in this game is over-thinking what others will think about what I do.

You think that way as roleless townie?

Scumhunting is how this started. I voted Slats, without insult or abrasiveness. Then he proceeded to take it to this point because that's what he does every time I vote him. Point fingers somewhere else. If he insults, me I will insult back. Tough sh*t if I'm better at insults than scumhunting.

TBH, I know its a distraction, but this arguing with Slats goes back to last season when I started playing. I let it ride here to make a point. My point: Its not a one-sided distraction. I've actually acquiesced into making a concerted effort to change my play style to make other people happy. Yet when other people tee off on me, I guess I'm supposed to just take it?

Of course not. But you include remarks that make it look like your primary concern is proving you are smart and/or good. That, to be frank, is irritating. It makes people more likely to come after you. I know how far back the arguments go - I start playing here the season before that. But just roll with the punches a bit, ya know? You make witty comebacks sometimes - use those. Or post a funny pic, or simply ignore it. Whatever. But don't make it all about you, because even if you don't do it on purpose, that's what draws the fire.

Did you and Vic sync your waches at the same time you synced your attacks?

To me, this loks like a Vic/Smash bumrush to put the heat on me, Slats, Ape, Dan and anyone else while pulling attention off of AVM? I'm starting to like a Vic lynch more and more. Lemme check the vote count.

had to go back and find this, but do you really think scum would be coordinating attacks on the same player this close to dealine.. my bet is scum are completely spread out hoping to force a bad last minute lynch

So many suspects so little time...

My thoughts...still centered on Vic and Pac with a slight concern over AVM. Significant items oberved since Jack's demise...

1. Slats made an interesting observation over the voting that put WWWwombat to L-1...I was suspect of Pac but had a town read on Jif (even tho JiF was voting me), Brett, and Crusher....when I pressed Jack for his commentary I started to realize how little JiF and Brett had wrestled in this game and after Jack commented they appeared to go after each other which seemed almost like it was for show...not sure what to make of it at this time but not their usual cutthroat, take out the other at all costs interplay.

2. I agree with Ape when he characterized of Slats grandstanding on DV for the possibility of labeling the DV as scum...not sure why Slats is so hard over as the DV as scum ...but I also thought the DV could have been an overeager D1 townie or scum who PM the DV on WWWWombat.

3. For the moment, I'd like to exert a little pressure on the player who put a momentum vote on both WWWWombat and 80 was Sharrow...so...

VOTE: Sharrow

I think Sharrow's vote was a momentum builder.... but it was the vote by Brett that I thought really stuck out, then when I voted Pac at this start of this day, Brett was very quick to jump behind me and vote him too.

Brett as scum is a gut thing for me right now. I knew he was roled up last game on D1, he usually slow plays D1 as a low-roled townie. He plays with some moxie on D1 when he has a power role as he did last game... he's seemed far more opportunistic this game... unlike both the other tells I've noticed with him.

speak for yourself

doh

i do

Pac, brett, vic and avm are where i'd prefer to vote today..

ALso, brett isn't voting which is total bs.. 6 1/2 hrs out from deadline.. crusher too, i have to imagine scum is trying to force us into the same type of decision that lead to 80's lynch by witholding votes or sticking them in places with no previous traction (fos jetscode)

pac seems to be stagnant, so i'll see if anyoen is more interested in vic

unvote

vote vic

edit: is ee avm is on sharrow, where is avm anyway?

fos on ctm...you realize my second vote on Sharrow was before your second vote on Vic? then you call me out...

fos on ctm...you realize my second vote on Sharrow was before your second vote on Vic? then you call me out...

check my edit, i thought you were the first vote on sharrow... avm's voting him, but i don't think we've heard much out of avm or sharrow in a few days..

You think that way as roleless townie?

Always. The deeper I get into the game the more serious I get about it. I love day 1 and day 2 to an extend and posting stupid pictures and trying to be funny. Once the game drags further on it gets more tense for me. I can't you how many times I write out posts in full and just delete them thinking to myself "Would I say that as scum? How will this be used against me?" I try not to play 100% with my heart on my sleeve. There have been various times when I just back away to cool off or whatever. Other times I have extenuating circumstances that cause me to lose that control and I just blurt whatever comes to mind.

had to go back and find this, but do you really think scum would be coordinating attacks on the same player this close to dealine.. my bet is scum are completely spread out hoping to force a bad last minute lynch

On the flipside, I think it could be. If scum doesn't help nudge a train right now, they run the risk one of them is the last minute lynch. A handful of hours before the deadline, however, is a good time to help get a train up a few more votes, thereby making it less likely we all jump off onto another train at the last minute.

I think Sharrow's vote was a momentum builder.... but it was the vote by Brett that I thought really stuck out, then when I voted Pac at this start of this day, Brett was very quick to jump behind me and vote him too.

Brett as scum is a gut thing for me right now. I knew he was roled up last game on D1, he usually slow plays D1 as a low-roled townie. He plays with some moxie on D1 when he has a power role as he did last game... he's seemed far more opportunistic this game... unlike both the other tells I've noticed with him.

Brett didn't/doesn't strike me as scum this game...he's played as he usually does minus the constant barrage at JiF...Sharrow was a momentum voter on both trains...I could go in a couple of other directions but liked to see if anyone else suspect him as much as I do for a little while.

BTW...Lily noticably absent from discussion...

Wes is a unique cat - if our numbers were really good, I'd just advocate lynching him to confirm him as townie and let him help scumhunt. He's good at identifying people working together, but obviously you can't trust that info without knowing his alignment. Seeing that he can still post after death, it still might not be a bad idea to lynch him on the scumtell he dropped, and if I'm wrong then at least it still adds some value in having an active (and skilled) scumhunter in the mix.

But, we are dropping like flies here, so perhaps that idea isn't ideal. Meh.

I think he is scummy anyway. If he isn't then his opinions will mean more once he's dead. If he's scum we can trace his posts and see who he was steering things away from and really get to demon killing

Archived