Kris Jenkins Retired

rowonejetfan

Kris Jenkins was nice enough to chat this weekend with me. Learned a few things.

He is retired. Says that is for sure, after his last major injury all he wants to do is to walk. Does not want to risk anymore football.

Plans on selling his New Jersey home and move to North Carolina where things are cheaper.

I love the NFL lock-out where unsigned Jets players announce their retirement to third rate bloggers such as rowonejetfan!!!

Too bad he was never able to overcome his knees... could you imagine him playing his whole career here with Rex? Holy sh*t... could have been one of the all-time greats with his freakish size, strength and athleticism.

Goes to show you how the environment/situation a player is drafted into impacts their entire career.

I miss him.

I've missed him the last two years.

Not surprising that he's retiring after the Jets cut him. The big money guarantees are well behind him, and I'm sure it's not worth it to him to put in all that work for possible incentive money - or possibly not walking again.

I've missed him the last two years.

Not surprising that he's retiring after the Jets cut him. The big money guarantees are well behind him, and I'm sure it's not worth it to him to put in all that work for possible incentive money - or possibly not walking again.

I agree that it is probably for the best that he is retiring, but numerous people have said that it is better to rehab for a comeback and not a retirement. Guys that retire often take the rehab more lightly and as a consequence don't necessarily walk as well in retirement. I kind of expected him to continue rehab and announce his retirement if and when camp started. Of course, he had his surgery a long time ago.

Archived