Sacred Thrust Mafia - Official Game Thread

Jack_D

Doing my nightly thing. Gym/Dinner/Kid and I'll be tied up most the night getting last minute preparations going for the kid. Tomorrow is the day I find out if we get induced Thursday (Thought it was today, disappointed when I was wrong) so I'll let you guys know if I'll be around or not.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing my nightly thing. Gym/Dinner/Kid and I'll be tied up most the night getting last minute preparations going for the kid. Tomorrow is the day I find out if we get induced Thursday (Thought it was today, disappointed when I was wrong) so I'll let you guys know if I'll be around or not.

Either way you die next so no worries Mr. Technician of the Operating Room when there are no X rays or whatever you are. I'll say a prayer, Good stuff Vic!!!

Technically, EMT is also a "tech" role.

I don't discount what you are saying here, but realize that with you and JC on my short-list watching you both battle with Vic the claimed deputy doesn't inspire confidence.

Much better directions you could have gone in today, mounting a case on the claimed deputy is tough to get behind.

Haha! Holy sh!t!

Meanwhile, you're voting for the claimed primary finder. Oh sweet irony.

Claiming deputy in this game is massively scummy. Scum can off the primary, and we'd never know. They can claim to have taken over the role as soon as JC is dead, or they can claim it after another NK. The claim is made all the more scummy by the fact that Vic the lab tech deputy is the #1 assailant towards the uncountered x-ray tech cop.

Vic's the scummiest player in this game right now. Between his actions and his emo-reaction to my single vote.

Chickensh*ts and scum voting JC right now, IMHO.

Haha! Holy sh!t!

Meanwhile, you're voting for the claimed primary finder. Oh sweet irony.

Claiming deputy in this game is massively scummy. Scum can off the primary, and we'd never know. They can claim to have taken over the role as soon as JC is dead, or they can claim it after another NK. The claim is made all the more scummy by the fact that Vic the lab tech deputy is the #1 assailant towards the uncountered x-ray tech cop.

Vic's the scummiest player in this game right now. Between his actions and his emo-reaction to my single vote.

Chickensh*ts and scum voting JC right now, IMHO.

I understand this fully... it has been accounted for in the posts I've made. I'm not dismissing your case or your interactions with him. I'm not advocating Vic is town, but I'm not interested in following your lead right now...

I have a really good hunch about why there was no NK last night, and I'm interested in hearing what other people not named Slats think of it.

I feel like Smash's reveal is sh*t. Pretty positive he is scum. Worth it for them to 1-for-1 trade to take out BG if they thought BG was the healer.

The detail I held back on until all reveals were made was that my role name was communicated to me as "Anesthesiologist, the doctor who.... " its a wrinkle in the details, but one I would imagine resonates with anyone else that is legit.

Can you describe what you think a "flavor doc" is?

I'd also like to get Smash's thoughts on that reveal.

The way I see it, there is no good reason that scum leaves JC alive for the wifom with a deputy claim (legit or not) on the table, maybe if it was just cop, but not with a deputy in the wings no matter if Vic is legit, its advantage scum either way to kill JC last night and they didn't.

Clearly there was a good reason, and it's evidenced in the fact that JC is currently the leading vote-getter.

Can you describe what you think a "flavor doc" is?

I'd also like to get Smash's thoughts on that reveal.

When I got my role PM from Jack, I asked him to clarify some semantics about his wording and if my role was really a "blank" because I was confused as to why he used the term "doctor" in the role name, he said no, insisted I was a type of doctor that could do "blank."

I then made the assumption that he had maybe never heard the other role before, and to him this was a "flavor doc" type of role in his mind.

Clearly there was a good reason, and it's evidenced in the fact that JC is currently the leading vote-getter.

Selective quoting.... way to ignore the meat of that post. Hold on while I switch my vote to vic and follow your lead...

Selective quoting.... way to ignore the meat of that post. Hold on while I switch my vote to vic and follow your lead...

Tell me how I didn't quote the meat of that post? It was a lot of words that said JC has to be scum because he's still alive. I don't agree.

Slats you've now insinuated a doc could have protected JC, and that scum left JC alive for the wifom... which do you want us to go with? Your possible scenarios aren't any different than the ones I present that you insist on sh*tting on.

Tell me how I didn't quote the meat of that post? It was a lot of words that said JC has to be scum because he's still alive. I don't agree.

First tell me why you've fixated on arguing every point I bring up? But ignoring the trail of hints I've been leaving... and ignoring where I include the possibility of Vic being scum in the scenarios I run through...

Oh, must be because I mentioned your name and "being scummy" in the same sentence. :rolleyes:

You are on the fringe of turning into slats the a$$hole, and I'm not getting sucked down into that black hole.

I am quite concerned with the fact that we had Smash, JC and Vic all claim doc, cop and deputy respectively and no NK went through. Can we look at this for a moment...

I imagine if Smash is the real doc, he protects himself - since JC was so suspect, seems like a no-brainer. IF he is legit. If he's scum then obviously he isn't their target... maybe they choose not to shoot to make it look like they shot at the doc, and it didn't got through... BUT I'm not buying that this happened considering there 2 investigative roles out in the open, AND all the other roles that emerged while we all claimed during night phase.

So this leaves JC and Vic exposed as 2 investigative roles:

If JC is cop, then he should be dead. Because scum would want to take out cop+deputy as quickly as possible.

If JC is cop and Vic is scum, as Slats suggests, then JC should still be dead because scum would want Vic to assume the cop role.

If JC is scum, then see my earlier hypothesis about why nobody died via NK. I think its a good guess.

If they are both scum, then someone else that claimed something juicy should be dead... except, see my earlier hypothesis about why nobody died via NK. I think its a good guess.

The way I see it, there is no good reason that scum leaves JC alive for the wifom with a deputy claim (legit or not) on the table, maybe if it was just cop, but not with a deputy in the wings no matter if Vic is legit, its advantage scum either way to kill JC last night and they didn't.

Think about it, no NK went through on the same night that JC's 8-ball says "try again later". IMO there is no way that we emerge from last night unless JC is scum and my hypothesis is right.

Slats you've now insinuated a doc could have protected JC, and that scum left JC alive for the wifom... which do you want us to go with? Your possible scenarios aren't any different than the ones I present that you insist on sh*tting on.

Tell me how that post, now quoted in full for your pleasure, complete with the bold you added, leaves any interpretation open at all that involves JC not being scum?

Looks to me like you say pretty clearly, in bold, that there is no way that we emerge from last night unless JC is scum and [your] hypothesis is right.

Doc could've protected JC and got deflected.

Scum could've targeted self-protecting doc and been deflected.

Maybe there's a role blocker or other defensive role on the town that got lucky and blocked the NK.

Scum could've avoided JC figuring that he couldn't get that lucky twice, and knowing that he was high on some people's suspicion lists today.

Lots of reasons why your hypothesis can be wrong.

So the APE thinks Im 100 % scum because of my reveal. Thats interesting ...what exactly about my reveal makes me scum ? I had many back and forths with JACK about what I could say and what I could not say. That being said My reveal states I am a Doctor Thats my title What that role actully does I can NOT discuss Just like anyone else here so tell me MAGILLA whats so different about me and what have I done thats so scummy ? Remember I revealed what I was before the list was started for all to reveal, I was not forced to do so. Since youe 100 % sure (as you stated Positive) Im scum exactly what did I say that was so scummy at any point during this game ? The true scum reside on the JC train IMO Im not sure how this game plays out with the current mechanics but I find things you have done 10x more scummy then Ive even come close to being.

Vote APE Dont let this clown monkey slip by this time.

Think about it, no NK went through on the same night that JC's 8-ball says "try again later". IMO there is no way that we emerge from last night unless JC is scum and my hypothesis is right.

I see so "try again later" could not possibly mean he got an innocent on someone ?

Tell me how that post, now quoted in full for your pleasure, complete with the bold you added, leaves any interpretation open at all that involves JC not being scum?

Looks to me like you say pretty clearly, in bold, that there is no way that we emerge from last night unless JC is scum and [your] hypothesis is right.

Doc could've protected JC and got deflected.

Scum could've targeted self-protecting cop and been deflected.

Maybe there's a role blocker or other defensive role on the town that got lucky and blocked the NK.

Scum could've avoided JC figuring that he couldn't get that lucky twice, and knowing that he was high on some people's suspicion lists today.

Lots of reasons why your hypothesis can be wrong.

Just like you to basically argue that my speculation and scenarios are all wrong... by providing speculation and scenarios of your own. :rolleyes: I think JC is scum, that is why I voted him. So I don't feel I need to defend myself for posting scenarios about why I think he's scum.

I've tried to lead the horse to water here, but there are rules... I don't want to get myself modkilled by slipping while trying to pound this into your thick, empty skull.

Also, I just want to say that I haven't chastised you over you posting scenarios that equate to Vic being scum, I've actually read them and considered them as viable. Unfortunately because I said I think you are scummy, I've opened the Slats OMGUS flood gates.... and I fear you aren't even reading into what my "hypothesis" is, because you are in "yell at the ape because he FOS'ed me" mode.

Now that you've thrown my very same "hypothesis" back in my face, maybe you should go back and re-read your own posts... you speculated about something earlier in the game to CTM, and brought it up again here. If you are town, try to do the math... if you are scum, then I'm not surprised by your selective memory.

Either way, I represent one vote... I'm done discussing how I cast that vote with you.

And CTM I dont appreciate you trying to get me to slip up earlier because thats exactly what you were trying to do. Your also on my radar and I was torn as to weather I vote you or your scum friend Monkey Breath

Mess with me and i will pwn you

You think I'm scummy trying to get you to slip up? How.

I'm a doctor.. whose a surgeon

Ape's a doctor.. whose an anesthesiologist

You're a doctor, whose a........ doctor

Just like you to basically argue that my speculation and scenarios are all wrong... by providing speculation and scenarios of your own. :rolleyes: I think JC is scum, that is why I voted him. So I don't feel I need to defend myself for posting scenarios about why I think he's scum.

I've tried to lead the horse to water here, but there are rules... I don't want to get myself modkilled by slipping while trying to pound this into your thick, empty skull.

Also, I just want to say that I haven't chastised you over you posting scenarios that equate to Vic being scum, I've actually read them and considered them as viable. Unfortunately because I said I think you are scummy, I've opened the Slats OMGUS flood gates.... and I fear you aren't even reading into what my "hypothesis" is, because you are in "yell at the ape because he FOS'ed me" mode.

Now that you've thrown my very same "hypothesis" back in my face, maybe you should go back and re-read your own posts... you speculated about something earlier in the game to CTM, and brought it up again here. If you are town, try to do the math... if you are scum, then I'm not surprised by your selective memory.

Either way, I represent one vote... I'm done discussing how I cast that vote with you.

Slats put the S in OMGUS. I'd like to lynch him too.

You first though.

Or maybe CTM. He's a real scumbag pos who thinks he's smart.

Love to lynch one of you 3.

OMG you gonna pwn me ~~shiver~~ How ever will I carry on now that I have the wrath of CTM on me.

I told you 2 times exactly what I could tell you and you continued to question. I call that scummy.

What exactly is a doctor whose a surgeon ? is that your name and role ? or do you have 2 names ? Your reveal is bogus.

Slats put the S in OMGUS. I'd like to lynch him too.

You first though.

Or maybe CTM. He's a real scumbag pos who thinks he's smart.

Love to lick one of you 3.

aaaaannnnnddd.. still not verbal

which actually makes no sense considering his role won't be revealed.. so as town or scum you should be going after him

you may be the dumbest and gheyest person in these games, which is really saying something.

So the APE thinks Im 100 % scum because of my reveal. Thats interesting ...what exactly about my reveal makes me scum ? I had many back and forths with JACK about what I could say and what I could not say. That being said My reveal states I am a Doctor Thats my title What that role actully does I can NOT discuss Just like anyone else here so tell me MAGILLA whats so different about me and what have I done thats so scummy ? Remember I revealed what I was before the list was started for all to reveal, I was not forced to do so. Since youe 100 % sure (as you stated Positive) Im scum exactly what did I say that was so scummy at any point during this game ? The true scum reside on the JC train IMO Im not sure how this game plays out with the current mechanics but I find things you have done 10x more scummy then Ive even come close to being.

Vote APE Dont let this clown monkey slip by this time.

Heh.

Call Slats scummy, he says I'm scum - says scum resides on the JC train.

Call JIF scummy, he says I'm scum and votes me.

Call Smash scummy, he says I'm scum and votes me - says scum resides on the JC tain.

Verbal your up next buddy... complete the OMGUS train here. :rolleyes:

I said I think you are scum because there are multiple doctor in the game, yet you don't have a doctor type... just "doctor." Anyway, even if you aren't the scum half of BG or Smash, because you countered him... and we don't learn alignments, lynching you should be considered a given at some point in the game.

As to the assertion that I've been 10x scummier, I'm not really bothered by this OMGUS nonsense. My train on D1 was horsecrap, nobody even gave a case, and then when we were out of time it became about the deadline... NOT because of scummy play... and where did that start? OMGUS vote on me from Jetscode.

Well I'll break it down to make it official.

You can reveal any role name just not ability. JC claimed he was an x-ray tech. He then said his eight-ball was accurate at night and it said BG was scum. Nothing more. Those to events are different and doesn't constitute a ability reveal.

Vic said he could pic up the eight ball and the town could move on. That is dancing the line of a ability claim.

See where I'm coming from?

actually, i think he inferred it and we ran with it.. which is different..

you turd

But how is Vic using JC's analogy not ok.. but JC using it to begin with ok?

All he said was he could pick up the 8 ball. If that implicates him as a back up claim then it implicates jc as a finder claim. Goose. Gander. Tomato Tomatoe.

Yes it can as long as they are not explicit with it. Vic said he can pick up the eight ball and the town will move on. That wasn't breaking the rules but it was close enough as to warrant a warning.

JC and his usage of the eight ball is well documented in other games. He could have been lying. Vic's usage of the analogy left no doubts as to what his ability may be. there is no grey area with Vic. He is or he isn't. JC could be anything. There are areas of grey. See the difference?

My only post on this: grey areas are bad in mafia rules. In gameplay, it is the name of the game. In the rules, not so much. I guess we'll all have to wait until the end (or dead) to see what's up.

First, did anyone have a vest that got used up last night?

No? Okay...

Vote JC

I've got a hypothesis.... My best guess is that the scum team was looking at all of us saying lynch BG/JC in order, and had JC fire the NK attempt assuming he would be the next lynch, and I'm guessing that NK attempt failed for a reason...

I would start with lynching JC because he is scum, the town cop wouldn't be coy about his 8-ball saying "try again later" the real cop would be pissed that he doesn't even have an innocent result to share.

From there... I would lynch Smash, Slats and Verbal.

Verbal ****ed up his false reveal. Remember it was Jetscode that introduced the "Charge Nurse" role to the conversation, but it was Verbal who actually claimed "in charge nurse". My guess is JC gave Verbal that suggestion after seeing JIF's reveal, and Verbal ****ed it up when he took it from scum thread to game thread. We've seen gaffs like this before.

I think when BG came forward as "Chief of Medicine" scum thought they could pull off a counter to take BG out, and because there are no alignments in death scenes, it wouldn't necessarily be a 1-for-1. Basically, you have to kill Smash... in part because his reveal was sh*t and was missing an actual role, because there are multiple flavor docs in this game, and in part because you can't risk that you didn't kill the wrong doc in BG. Both have to go.

Slats seems intent on lynching Vic now, not sure why... however, I am thinking that the real cop, since I don't think its JC, didn't come forward with a real reveal in order to stay under cover. So maybe he's thinking remove the deputy first... and then get the cop when you find him.

You're an idiot. An innocent idiot, likely, but an idiot nonetheless.

Sorry, I'm not going to make a mistake like that with a scum team and a QT. Hell, I would have edited my post if that was so....or used that "preview" button.

As to why I think you're innocent -- my role also has some wording after "in-charge".......so I think you are legit. And an idiot.

Maybe he's the Lawyer Doctor and he forgot that part.

h8u LFP

And CTM I dont appreciate you trying to get me to slip up earlier because thats exactly what you were trying to do. Your also on my radar and I was torn as to weather I vote you or your scum friend Monkey Breath

Here is Smash telling CTM not to try to make him slip up...

I see so "try again later" could not possibly mean he got an innocent on someone ?

Here is Smash trying to make me slip up.

aaaaannnnnddd.. still not verbal

which actually makes no sense considering his role won't be revealed.. so as town or scum you should be going after him

you may be the dumbest and gheyest person in these games, which is really saying something.

Stop telling me how to play you scummy agenda pushing ****. ih8u. If anyone knows when Verbal is scum, its me. He's my bitch. I'll let you know when he's scum...got it hippyfag?

Heh.

Call Smash scummy, he says I'm scum and votes me - says scum resides on the JC tain.

I said I think you are scum because there are multiple doctor in the game, yet you don't have a doctor type... just "doctor." Anyway, even if you aren't the scum half of BG or Smash, because you countered him... and we don't learn alignments, lynching you should be considered a given at some point in the game.

As to the assertion that I've been 10x scummier, I'm not really bothered by this OMGUS nonsense. My train on D1 was horsecrap, nobody even gave a case, and then when we were out of time it became about the deadline... NOT because of scummy play... and where did that start? OMGUS vote on me from Jetscode.

We should call this game Ape instead of mafia because its all about you.

Dumb ****, you've called the entire game scum. Therefore, its impossible to avoid omguslats by voting you.

Heh.

So BG was lynched and there was no NK and Im scum because Im just a plain old Doc. Man Ill tell ya if Im scum I did a pretty piss poor job with my reveal and deserve to be lynched.

You want JC dead and you want me dead 2 claims that could be very important to the town and you see nothing wrong with that . Your either a retard or scum IMO so Im giving you the benifit of the doubt and calling you scum but you certainly can prove me wrong.

Also, some clarification:

I'm also an idiot, hehe. I know I said an "in-charge" nurse, as I can't really get into more than that, but I am not a chief nurse or head nurse.....so after re-reading, I'm actually cool with JiF's claim (for now). And still cool with the Ape's.

I am in charge of something........but my technical name should just be nurse.

If you'd like to lynch me, feel free. Just please give me a single rebuttal before a hammer - don't kill me before I get a chance to say some final words. Thanks in advance.

Does this scenario lead anyone to think that maybe Vic and I are town?

My only post on this: grey areas are bad in mafia rules. In gameplay, it is the name of the game. In the rules, not so much. I guess we'll all have to wait until the end (or dead) to see what's up.

You're an idiot. An innocent idiot, likely, but an idiot nonetheless.

Sorry, I'm not going to make a mistake like that with a scum team and a QT. Hell, I would have edited my post if that was so....or used that "preview" button.

As to why I think you're innocent -- my role also has some wording after "in-charge".......so I think you are legit. And an idiot.

Meh.

You called me an idiot last game, and I ended up being right. At least you didn't OMGUS vote me like the other dildos I listed.

Archived