Jim Leonard tweets about stuff

Integrity28

Both in one and Braylon can also Burn deep when needed. Braylon is a very solid all around WR that also blocks and also runs slants.

Im going to lay off Santonio for now , While Im not happy with the move, he is a JEt and I hope he explodes this year.

Did you just say Keller the guy who fell off the planet after the first 5 games last year ?? Cotch is always getting beat up, hes tough but hes no red zone threat nor is Keller.

Gotta go back and look but I could have sworn Keller caught a ton of passes in the RZ/endzone.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And honestly how would you know this ?? When Rex refers to him as the smartest player on the team. Does not sound like a player who does not know where he belongs in the scheme.

I trust my eyeballs. Kinda like your over-informed stance on Braylon...

You stated how you would have approached the off-season, and have done so in every thread, that isn't the truth. That is your opinion.

The truth is, the world did not end when Aso signed with the Eagles.

I've already said I prefer the Jets investing in young WR talent that hasn't totally peaked yet. I also said I'm okay with a stopgap like Moss.

I'm not going to keep repeating it over and over.. its exhausting.

Im done with this. My opinion is stated and as long as it is answering questions put to me by other posters Ill keep repeating it. Worry about what people ask you and leave me to my Jets maddness. :P

Im done with this. My opinion is stated and as long as it is answering questions put to me by other posters Ill keep repeating it. Worry about what people ask you and leave me to my Jets maddness. :P

Go do your thing. You are off the deepend right now, and being someone who's been there with this team, I understand... but yeah, conversing with you won't go anywhere. I'll see you in the mafia game. :D

If not Braylon then who? Another what if? Sanchez worked well with Braylon. If you guys think Moss is the answer,wait until the first sideline episode happens it will be better than any hot dog eating.

Ahh ok so you know with your eye balls what players assignments are ? Just stop on this one. k :P

I know with my eyeballs when a player gets beat.

Just like you know with your eyeballs that Holmes won't be able to handle double coverage without Braylon. Even though you have no proof of it.

See what I did there?

I know with my eyeballs when a player gets beat.

Just like you know with your eyeballs that Holmes won't be able to handle double coverage without Braylon. Even though you have no proof of it.

See what I did there?

yeah you compared 2 totally different scenarios. Congratulations

If not Braylon then who? Another what if? Sanchez worked well with Braylon. If you guys think Moss is the answer,wait until the first sideline episode happens it will be better than any hot dog eating.

Sanchez has played football his whole life. I don't know why some fans seem to think he can never develop chemistry with another wideout, its absurd.

This is the downside to the stupid video footage and Hard Knocks... fans see Mark and his wideouts yuck it up and get this idea in their head that since they can't see Mark buddy up to any other WR, that it can't happen ever again.

Braylon is a good player, but he's not hte only option. Plain and simple.

Moss, James Jones, Steve Smith (NYG), and there's probably others, are all viable options that I'd be fine with.

yeah you compared 2 totally different scenarios. Congratulations

Your trying to call me out for saying I know Eric Smith is out of position the most - and yet you constantly repeat that Holmes can't handle double-coverage - neither of us have a way of backing up our statements.

The statements are teh same. However, Holmes played fine against double coverage when he played for Pittsburgh... but what do I know. I'm not as disgruntled as you, so I lose I guess.

Sanchez has played football his whole life. I don't know why some fans seem to think he can never develop chemistry with another wideout, its absurd.

This is the downside to the stupid video footage and Hard Knocks... fans see Mark and his wideouts yuck it up and get this idea in their head that since they can't see Mark buddy up to any other WR, that it can't happen ever again.

Moss, James Jones, Steve Smith (NYG), and there's probably others, are all viable options that I'd be fine with.

I said he worked well with Sanchez, I never mentioned developing chemistry.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I said he worked well with Sanchez, I never mentioned developing chemistry.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

yeah, that is why I said "fans"

Your statements fall into a bucket of similar concerns and worries, so I lumped it all together. There's a lot of people fretting over a lot of inconsequential stuff right now.

That's my take.

Because the Jets and most notibly Shotty do not give young WR's a chance in hell to produce during the regular season. Clowney showed a slight bit of promise then got in a game and had 4 catches for 72 yards and was never seen again. Patrick Turner had a few nice catches was never seen again. Shott has no idea how to spread the ball around and get young players involved. Oyur offense has been pitiful since the guy has been here. Who knows he could be the issue :rolleyes:

Your trying to call me out for saying I know Eric Smith is out of position the most - and yet you constantly repeat that Holmes can't handle double-coverage - neither of us have a way of backing up our statements.

The statements are teh same. However, Holmes played fine against double coverage when he played for Pittsburgh... but what do I know. I'm not as disgruntled as you, so I lose I guess.

You do know when Holmes broke in with the Steelers hines ward was a pro bowl WR so Im guessing wildly at who might have drawn double coverage in that scenario,

You do know when Holmes broke in with the Steelers hines ward was a pro bowl WR so Im guessing wildly at who might have drawn double coverage in that scenario,

Your wasting your time and effort Smashmouth. Do you have any concrete cinder blocks near or around our home you might be better off talking to them.

Because the Jets and most notibly Shotty do not give young WR's a chance in hell to produce during the regular season. Clowney showed a slight bit of promise then got in a game and had 4 catches for 72 yards and was never seen again. Patrick Turner had a few nice catches was never seen again. Shott has no idea how to spread the ball around and get young players involved. Oyur offense has been pitiful since the guy has been here. Who knows he could be the issue :rolleyes:

Steve Smith and James Jones are much better than David Clowney.

I also know Holmes was triple teamed when he caught his Super Bowl winning TD, and was also double teamed when he caught the overtime winning TD against the Browns and made 3 defenders miss tackles.

Holmes is better than you make him out to be, is he Megatron, Fitz, Andre Johnson? Hell no but there are only a handful of those guys and Holmes fits snuggly into that next tier of very good WR's

I also know Holmes was triple teamed when he caught his Super Bowl winning TD, and was also double teamed when he caught the overtime winning TD against the Browns and made 3 defenders miss tackles.

Holmes is better than you make him out to be, is he Megatron, Fitz, Andre Johnson? Hell no but there are only a handful of those guys and Holmes fits snuggly into that next tier of very good WR's

Lupz I hope your right, and I hope to Im wrong

Why are you being such a snide prick?

Anyway, I lived in the mid-west while Holmes was a Steeler. I watched Steelers games regularly, and in his last 2 years there, Holmes drew a lot of double-coverage and seemed to "handle it" just fine. Your concerns are noted, but they are also conjecture, not fact.

That's the only point I've been trying to make. You arguing it tooth and nail like its anything more than your opinion, is absurd. At least I had the sense to say my statement about Eric Smith was purely my opinion and can't be backed up by anything but what I've seen.

who in the hell is making that comparision ? Did you hit your head ?

You stated that Schotty is bad for young receivers, and cited Clowney as an example. I simply said those guys are better than Clowney, and I thought it implied that I think they'd do fine despite your point about Schotty being very true.

Your being a complete asshat right now. Mellow the **** out, I'm trying to have a conversation, not an argument. ******* blockhead.

They did. However, its been widely reported by reputable outlets that the Jets our out of the Braylon bidding due to his price tag. Specifically stating "they just can't afford him".

I dunno what to believe though.

They also allegedly can't afford Brodney Pool (after handing Smith a $2.5M/year deal), which is a complete load of sh*t. The Jets better be doing some unreported negotiating for other players or in the process of working out some trades, because this is getting ridiculous. This is the first time in a long time I'm really getting frustrated with the management of this team (and it has nothing to do with the Asomugha deal, but everything around it).

They also allegedly can't afford Brodney Pool (after handing Smith a $2.5M/year deal), which is a complete load of sh*t. The Jets better be doing some unreported negotiating for other players or in the process of working out some trades, because this is getting ridiculous. This is the first time in a long time I'm really getting frustrated with the management of this team (and it has nothing to do with the Asomugha deal, but everything around it).

The Eagles just landed Aso and NOBODY saw it coming. Maybe the Jets FO learned something here... and shifted into stealth mode after seeing how bad high-visibility screwed them in their pursuit of Aso.

It depends on what they do instead. If the FO takes their head out of their asses and rebounds well from this Aso mess, they'll see there is an opportunity to build for now and the future. Not just a 1-year run.

James Jones from teh Packers, or Steve Smith from the Giants (don't think he has resigned yet) would be excellent additions to this team. Both on emerging talents, while Braylon of last season is pretty much Braylon. I don't expect him to get better than what we saw.

I also think Plaxico or Randy Moss could be the answer at WR for the short term, but I'd rather see a young player brought in to grow with Mark.

If Jones is looking for starters money, I don't want any part of him. The guy's best year was only mediocre with Aaron f'n Rodgers throwing him the ball. He's proven next to nothing and unless he's willing to be a backup AND get paid like one, it would be moronic to make that move. It would be Justin McCarreins all over again and if they're saying they can't afford Braylon I might lose it if they turn around and sign this guy to a $5M+/year deal or something ridiculous like that.

The Eagles just landed Aso and NOBODY saw it coming. Maybe the Jets FO learned something here... and shifted into stealth mode after seeing how bad high-visibility screwed them in their pursuit of Aso.

That's a fair point... I'll go with that, I'm trying to keep the faith. :-P

Your wasting your time and effort Smashmouth. Do you have any concrete cinder blocks near or around our home you might be better off talking to them.

After being told to knock it off yesterday you are stirring the pot with somebody else today? Really?

Visa: Guys, guys we need Braylon

The rest of the board: Well yeah, i'd like to have him back but there's something going on with him. He's either asking for too much money or is having

some sort of legal trouble or problem that is not being disclosed.

Visa: That's stupid, guys. Braylon is better than T.O and Moss.

Rest of the board: Well no sh*t, sherlock. That's not the issue. They have to decide about the money.

Visa: You're all dumbasses. Braylon is better. Tanne SIGN HIM AND CRO ALREADY DAMMIT. Cheapest Price is Best Deal.

Rest of the board: They have to agree on a deal, it's not a one-sided thing.

Visa: Optimas, stop trying to troll my threads you piece of sh*t.

Optimas: I'm just expressing my opinion.

Eric Smith isnt as bad as all you guys make him up to be.

He is that bad when he's just playing the Safety position.

But the last few games of the season and the playoffs when he really excelled, Rex had him in more of a hybrid LB/S position. He's fine there. But we do need a regular starting Safety.

And I agree with an earlier poster, Leonhard is very underrated player on JN. Usually a player like that is overrated by their fan base, but for some reason people don't like him on here.

Archived