Kenrick Ellis

F.Chowds

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

#Jets 3rd pick Kenrick Ellis is only rookie yet to get deal done. I've been told Ellis' pending legal concerns have slowed down process

#Jets are trying to protect themselves in contract in case Ellis' pending legal concerns become an issue, per source. #nyj

While I can appreciate the Jets position here, they shouldn't have drafted the guy if they were concerned about the legal issues.

Right? This is something they might have taken care of before they drafted the guy. Jeesh! This stuff gets worse and worse this weekend

WHOA! If We're not signing him to a standard deal because the Jets are worried about his legal concerns, then that must mean...The Jets are worried about his legal concerns. Funny. They said they weren't concerned with his pending criminal case when they drafted him. Somebody's either really dumb, or lying their asses off. Considering several scouts had him listed as "undraftable" because of his issues, legal, moral, scholastic and otherwise, Tanny better have done his homework. Here's hoping he's using the court case to get himself a bad-guy discount.

Jets did a ton of research pre-draft about his pending legal problems, and decided it was a good calculated risk. Like the Pats giving up a 5th rounder for Haynesworth.

All these tweets mean is that they are probably going back and forth with him / his agent about clauses in the contract that protect the Jets. Not a big deal at all, it just takes longer because its not as straight forward and probably has additional lawyers eyes on it on both sides.

OMG our Front office is a JOKE!!!! WAHHHH WahAHWWAAHhhhh!!!!

I bet the minute this guy got drafted by the NFL, the southern hick prosecutor and judge got hard ons for a big career-making conviction. That's why there's been no plea to date for an otherwise mundane bar fight case, IMO. I just hope he doesn't get deported.

Jets did a ton of research pre-draft about his pending legal problems, and decided it was a good calculated risk. Like the Pats giving up a 5th rounder for Haynesworth.

All these tweets mean is that they are probably going back and forth with him / his agent about clauses in the contract that protect the Jets. Not a big deal at all, it just takes longer because its not as straight forward and probably has additional lawyers eyes on it on both sides.

OMG our Front office is a JOKE!!!! WAHHHH WahAHWWAAHhhhh!!!!

Signing draft picks seems like it's more of a foregone conclusion now with the rookie wage scale. They're getting signed so much faster.

#Jets 3rd pick Kenrick Ellis is only rookie yet to get deal done. I've been told Ellis' pending legal concerns have slowed down process

#Jets are trying to protect themselves in contract in case Ellis' pending legal concerns become an issue, per source. #nyj

Didnt I just get ripped earlier for saying this? You guys are jerks sometimes lol.

Archived