Vikes not interested in Braylon Edwards

nj meadowlands

Vikings | Not interested in Braylon Edwards

Sat, 30 Jul 2011 15:17:29 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings, according to a source close to the situation, are no longer interested in free-agent WR Braylon Edwards (Jets).

0 Comments | Share: | Source: Pioneer Press - Jeremy Fowler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1TdigDpNY

lol. Something has to be up. There's no way so many teams that want a WR will just pass on a guy with his size, speed, and potential.

His salary demands are probably unreasonable.

Good for the Jets, maybe the'll be able to keep him for chaeper.

lol. Something has to be up. There's no way so many teams that want a WR will just pass on a guy with his size, speed, and potential.

Vikings reached agreement with former Falcons WR Michael Jenkins on a three-year contract.

Is what happened. ;)

COIN.

He's asking for too much COIN.

He wants #1 COIN but he's a #2.

Edwards is technically a #1, though. Just because he's not as good as Holmes doesn't mean he's not up there. He just has too many legal issues and that's probably what's making teams think twice. He's great on the field, but I'm thinking teams don't want to take the risk. That accident he had earlier this year could prove very useful in us retaining him.

Edwards is technically a #1, though. Just because he's not as good as Holmes doesn't mean he's not up there. He just has too many legal issues and that's probably what's making teams think twice. He's great on the field, but I'm thinking teams don't want to take the risk. That accident he had earlier this year could prove very useful in us retaining him.

He could be a #1 on a bad team. On a good team, he's a #2.

That was kind of my point.

I am sad that the Jets havn't locked him up yet. It would be good for Sanchez' growth to have all of his targets back. I am honesty baffled by the lack of serious interest in him legal issues and all. He's a solid contributor who's motor is always going. Very dangerous WR and very solid blocker. Plus he's got that fly boy thing down perfectly as well.

It's gotta be about money. I wonder what he's asking for. I hope he ends up back on the Jets.

Gary Meyers is reporting the following via twitter ...

garymyersNYDN Interest in Braylon Edwards from #Vikings, #Titans, #Bears and #Redskins.

Well, we know the Vikes are out, and I think the Bears are out because they signed Roy Williams. The Titans have their own headache in Britt, so maybe that is the same thing as Braylon so that's rather pointless.

So it looks like the Redskins. I remember posting something about the Vikings and some other team being interested in him allegedly, but I can't remember the other team. Maybe it was the Bears I dunno. Forgot where I read it.

Strange. A casual reader of JetNation would assume Braylon Edwards is one of the top 10 receivers in the league the way folks around here have fawned over him. The market is saying otherwise.

A casual reader would also see how loyal the fans are here and want to join and be a part of it.

Strange. A casual reader of JetNation would assume Braylon Edwards is one of the top 10 receivers in the league the way folks around here have fawned over him. The market is saying otherwise.

I would not know. I only read JetNation wearing a tuxedo.

Edwards is no where near top 10, however he was a good fit for this team, loved his run blocking and he really seems to put some effort in with us besides the bad drops.

He has top 5 talent, it's the drops and concentration problems that do him in. The man does have a year where he was the best WR in the league. Last year he seemed past the drop problems too.

Also of course its his off the field problems. It's kind of dumb because he does do a lot for charity. I think really he is a good guy, just dumb. You don't do that much charity work if you're not at the heart a genuinely good person.

This dude needs to get married to the right woman, I bet that would solve all his problems.

He has top 5 talent, it's the drops and concentration problems that do him in. The man does have a year where he was the best WR in the league. Last year he seemed past the drop problems too.

Also of course its his off the field problems. It's kind of dumb because he does do a lot for charity. I think really he is a good guy, just dumb. You don't do that much charity work if you're not at the heart a genuinely good person.

This dude needs to get married to the right woman, I bet that would solve all his problems.

DLJ :D

I agree with all of this, but after 6yrs in the NFL 'you are what you are', and I'll still take him on this team.

As far as the women part goes, FWIW the 'gay' rumor has followed him for a while now, not saying he is, but I don't care, I just want him to catch touchdowns and destroy guys in run blocking which he is more than capable of doing.

I read his bio the other day and his charity work shocked me, it's great to hear he does stuff like that but it's obvious he has issues with the bottle.

Archived