Jets have made offer to free-agent CB Antonio Cromartie

F.Chowds

RichCimini Rich Cimini

No rest for Tannenbaum @AdamSchefter Now the Jets are closing in on a deal for their free-agent cornerback Antonio Cromartie. #Jets

RichCimini Rich Cimini

#Jets talks with Cromartie heated up over last 2 days. He will be mighty expensive consolation prize.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyle Wilson, we drafted him with a first round pick he is 23 years old he looked better than Cromartie when Revis held out and he got to play his natural outside position. If he is not your future awnser at CB 2 trade him now cause he is not ever going to reach his full potential playing on the inside.

Plus I don't like Cromartie yes he can run fast yes he is athletic, but he is a pussy and plays selfish and also is not very football smart.

I know I'm in the minority on this but whatever if the Jets sign him I will root like hell for him but I'd rather see another depth CB signing instead and give the kid a chance.

This

RichCimini Rich Cimini

No rest for Tannenbaum @AdamSchefter Now the Jets are closing in on a deal for their free-agent cornerback Antonio Cromartie. #Jets

RichCimini Rich Cimini

#Jets talks with Cromartie heated up over last 2 days. He will be mighty expensive consolation prize.

Cimini is suck a SCHMUCK

More schmuckness

RichCimini Rich Cimini

Opposing personnel guy on Jets' pursuit of Cromartie: "They'll have to overpay because he knows he's the second choice." Second to Nnamdi

He needs to get the fck over it. Hes nowhere as good as Nnamdi A$$hole.

Now the Jets are closing in on a deal for their free-agent cornerback Antonio Cromartie.

UberSocial for BlackBerry • 7/31/11 11:31 AM

Per Schefter

Looks like u will all get your wish looks like he is coming back, the Jets let that agency use them that's gonna hurt in future years during FA.

Ok I'm done bitching it's time for me to start cheering for him now, come on Cro be big.

This would be nice, no one can complain now. I still worry about how he'll play outside of his contract year.

You guys are nuts if you think we dont need Cro. He is the best cover corner available and the Jets safeties are trash.

The most we can hope for is that Wilson becomes a viable rotation guy. People are overlooking the negative impact on 2d yr players because of the Lockout. The 2d yr is most important in development with offseason workouts and minicamps, eveything that Wilson missed because of Lockout.

The Jets definetely got played to some extent. I watched the Nnamdi Interview this morning and he said Both Micheal Vick and Desean Jackson were texting with him the ENTIRE offseason which tells me the Eagles were in on this deal the entire time.

There is a good chance the Eagles knew this would keep the Jets tied up, allowing them (eagles) to go after other free agents then swoop in and nail Nnamdi at the last minute. No wonder the guy who stated he wanted to play for the NY Jets held out until the last minute before the big so called surprise signing. It makes sense since the Eagles made a ton of free Agent Moves and they know the Jets are usually big players in the Free Agent market.

The Jets need to walk away from this right now.

Aso surpisingly signs with the Eagles after the agency puts out a smoke screen that the Cowboys are bidding against the Jets just to get the price higher for the real team Aso wanted to sign with, and make the team that thought they were getting Aso,(Jets) have to pay more for their other client, (Cromartie) thats friday.

Now I havent heard a god damn thing about Cromartie since friday, and all of a sudden the Jets swallow their pride and go back and offer Cromartie a deal, and all of a sudden the Raiders are intrested (really they are like 15 million over the cap and are not letting Zach Miller get away), and a supposed mystery team bidding to.

**** this piece of sh*t agency let them go pawn Cromartie off the Raiders if Cro really wants to play here let them come crawling back to the Jets at a discount, I swear this has nothing to do with the fact I would rather see Cro go somewhere else, its the fact the Jets can't let these agencys play them like this and get away with it.

Aso surpisingly signs with the Eagles after the agency puts out a smoke screen that the Cowboys are bidding against the Jets just to get the price higher for the real team Aso wanted to sign with, and make the team that thought they were getting Aso,(Jets) have to pay more for their other client, (Cromartie) thats friday.

Now I havent heard a god damn thing about Cromartie since friday, and all of a sudden the Jets swallow their pride and go back and offer Cromartie a deal, and all of a sudden the Raiders are intrested (really they are like 15 million over the cap and are not letting Zach Miller get away), and a supposed mystery team bidding to.

**** this piece of sh*t agency let them go pawn Cromartie off the Raiders if Cro really wants to play here let them come crawling back to the Jets at a discount, I swear this has nothing to do with the fact I would rather see Cro go somewhere else, its the fact the Jets can't let these agencys play them like this and get away with it.

You drive a hard bargain.

I agree did you see the Nmandi interview I posted about above ? What FA are left ? I have no problem telling Cro to walk .

You guys are nuts if you think we dont need Cro. He is the best cover corner available and the Jets safeties are trash.

The most we can hope for is that Wilson becomes a viable rotation guy. People are overlooking the negative impact on 2d yr players because of the Lockout. The 2d yr is most important in development with offseason workouts and minicamps, eveything that Wilson missed because of Lockout.

Agree we need Cro signed.

This.

This.

Even if the Agents are saying yea no problem Cromartie would love to come back and play for the NYJ, but its gonna cost you what you offered, Aso. No big deal if you don't want to the Raiders are looking to replace Aso, and were also talking to somebody else who prefers not to go public at this moment.

F U C K

N O !!!!!!!!!!

Even if the Agents are saying yea no problem Cromartie would love to come back and play for the NYJ, but its gonna cost you what you offered, Aso. No big deal if you don't want to the Raiders are looking to replace Aso, and were also talking to somebody else who prefers not to go public at this moment.

F U C K

N O !!!!!!!!!!

Who's saying he is going to get Aso money?

F U C K

N O !!!!!!!!!!

Easy for agents to say. Jets were ok with paying a 2nd corner that kind of money if it was a player like Asomugha. Cromartie is very good but it is no insult to say he clearly isn't just as good as Aso. If, as this or other agents are alluding to, Cromartie demands the same money as the Jets were offering Aso then he can go play in Oakland. I'm not sure Asomugha was even worth that kind of money (to a team that already has Revis). Cromartie outright isn't worth that kind of money.

Here are the #2 WRs we are likely to play this year (and that's if none of them, or their respective teams' #1 WRs, get injured):

Dez Bryant

Kasim Osgood

Darius Heyward-Bey

Derrick Mason

Deion Branch

Brian Hartline

Patrick Crayton

Roscoe Parrish

Jabar Gaffney

Donte Stallworth

Jonathan Baldwin

Jeremy Maclin

Steve Smith

There are some good WRs in there, to be sure, but it does not require a Nnamdi Asomugha to cover them adequately.

Cromartie is a good corner. It's one thing to pay him $1.7M on a 1-year deal like last year. It's quite another if there is any insistence on a deal in the 5 year $40-50M range with a boatload of guaranteed cash.

The agents who represent both Aso and Cromartie there playing the Jets, saying Aso signed for less than he is worth holding Jets ransom knowing he is the last CB on market

I dont believe this. Aso is signed and Cro is holding his jock strap looking for a team.

The Jets definetely got played to some extent. I watched the Nnamdi Interview this morning and he said Both Micheal Vick and Desean Jackson were texting with him the ENTIRE offseason which tells me the Eagles were in on this deal the entire time.

There is a good chance the Eagles knew this would keep the Jets tied up, allowing them (eagles) to go after other free agents then swoop in and nail Nnamdi at the last minute. No wonder the guy who stated he wanted to play for the NY Jets held out until the last minute before the big so called surprise signing. It makes sense since the Eagles made a ton of free Agent Moves and they know the Jets are usually big players in the Free Agent market.

If that's true, it goes to show you how committed the players on that team are. Neither of those guys had a long term contract they were happy with, I think Vick may be on the Franchise tag right now and D-Jax is obviously underpaid. If they don't care and instead want to improve the team on the other side of the ball, to me that looks like a serious desire to win a championship. Right now the Eagles look like a team on the very cusp of a dynasty, we'll have to see how things go this year though.

I wonder why the players all like Philly so much right now. I think it had a lot to do with Reid and the Vick situation. Rex is very popular with players, but I think Reid looks like the #1 guy right now if these signings are an indication.

Antonio Cromartie talking to Raiders, Jets

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT

AP

With several teams still having needs at cornerback and Nnamdi Asomugha and Johnathan Joseph off the board, Antonio Cromartie is now in a good position as the best cornerback available. And reports today say both the Raiders and Jets have made offers to Cromartie.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the Raiders want Cromartie as the replacement for Asomugha, who left Oakland for Philadelphia in free agency. In Oakland, Cromartie would be one of the starting cornerbacks along with Stanford Routt.

And Jenny Vrentas of the Star-Ledger reports that the Jets have made an offer to Cromartie, and that members of the Jets’ coaching staff have been in regular contact with Cromartie over the last week.

The Jets were spurned in their pursuit of Asomugha, so they’d like to keep Cromartie around as the next-best option. Last season Cromartie started 15 games for the Jets, and this season he might be even more valuable to the Jets because Cromartie can also return kicks, and the Jets have lost return man Brad Smith in free agency.

The San Francisco 49ers, meanwhile, are also believed to be showing interest in Cromartie.

Although Cromartie isn’t as good a cover corner as Asomugha, he’s more than adequate as a consolation prize for the teams that wanted Asomugha and couldn’t get him. It wouldn’t be surprising to learn that more teams are interested in Cromartie as well. He’ll have his choice of contract offers.

Antonio Cromartie talking to Raiders, Jets

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT

AP

With several teams still having needs at cornerback and Nnamdi Asomugha and Johnathan Joseph off the board, Antonio Cromartie is now in a good position as the best cornerback available. And reports today say both the Raiders and Jets have made offers to Cromartie.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the Raiders want Cromartie as the replacement for Asomugha, who left Oakland for Philadelphia in free agency. In Oakland, Cromartie would be one of the starting cornerbacks along with Stanford Routt.

And Jenny Vrentas of the Star-Ledger reports that the Jets have made an offer to Cromartie, and that members of the Jets’ coaching staff have been in regular contact with Cromartie over the last week.

The Jets were spurned in their pursuit of Asomugha, so they’d like to keep Cromartie around as the next-best option. Last season Cromartie started 15 games for the Jets, and this season he might be even more valuable to the Jets because Cromartie can also return kicks, and the Jets have lost return man Brad Smith in free agency.

The San Francisco 49ers, meanwhile, are also believed to be showing interest in Cromartie.

Although Cromartie isn’t as good a cover corner as Asomugha, he’s more than adequate as a consolation prize for the teams that wanted Asomugha and couldn’t get him. It wouldn’t be surprising to learn that more teams are interested in Cromartie as well. He’ll have his choice of contract offers.

If it's us or the Raiders, and he chooses the Raiders then L-O-*******-L.

I'd be more content with trading a 2012 draft pick for a CB, than overpaying this guy in a bidding war with Oakland.

Probably going to be a long time before Jets FO does business with this agent again. What a ******* scumbag.

Archived