Derrick Mason visiting Jets

Matt39

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mason would be an immediate fan favorite for Jets fans, regardless of what they do with J-Co.

I don't think we should assume we can only have one, without the other. Lets say Plaxico is a bust move for us... Holmes, Mason, Cotchery. 2 wiley veteran receivers... would be good for Sanchez, I think.

Mason would be an immediate fan favorite for Jets fans, regardless of what they do with J-Co.

I don't think we should assume we can only have one, without the other. Lets say Plaxico is a bust move for us... Holmes, Mason, Cotchery. 2 wiley veteran receivers... would be good for Sanchez, I think.

I only like Jco more due to being the most experienced Jet (NYJET) with Sanchez. Mason did just fine with Flacco

Yeah, of course. But just wondering if he's really only looking for 5M/year. They had as of yesterday approximately 10M in cap space. Take into account Plex was 3M and Cotch if cut saves what, 1M and change. You can play with the numbers and shuffle the pieces around. If I knew this a month ago and you were to tell me BE wasn't coming back I'd probably freak a bit.

They had $10 million in cap space when they were pursuing Asomugha.

Since then, they've signed Burress and Cromartie.

How can they still have $10 million in cap space?

They just drafted two of them.

They haven't drafted a WR higher than the 4th round since Santana Moss.

I don't know what the first year of the Cromartie deal counts against the cap, but they cleared $6.4M this year with Harris' deal which was done after both of those. They probably still have close to $10M in room.

They took 6 off the cap when they signed Harris, Cro doesn't count much against the cap this year

They created over 6 million more by getting Harris off the franchise tag.

Archived