49ers put TAYLOR MAYS on the trading block

visajets

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the 49ers sent out a "mass email" to the other 31 teams letting them know S Taylor Mays is available for trade.

The Niners are giving up on Mays after one season. The 49th pick in last year's draft, Mays is what we thought he was: A straight-line athlete with no prayer of being an asset in coverage. They might salvage a late-round draft pick in a best case scenario. Perhaps Mays' old college coach, Pete Carroll, would be interested in giving him a look in Seattle. The Seahawks' current projected starting strong safety is Kam Chancellor.

This kid is a beast. With the right coaching he could be the next Ed Reed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who followed USC football knows the type of player Taylor Mays is. Poor coaching in San Francisco shouldnt be held against him. I will let Rex and the coaching staff decide this one. I think he would help this team and bring some youth to a position EVERYONE bitches about.

Anyone who followed USC football knows the type of player Taylor Mays is. Poor coaching in San Francisco shouldnt be held against him. I will let Rex and the coaching staff decide this one. I think he would help this team and bring some youth to a position EVERYONE bitches about.

I'm sure they appreciate that.

Actually, I'd really like to have him as a special teamer/'dig replacement type. I'm not giving up any picks for this bust though.

I dont think hes a bust. I think he needs a change of scenery and some better coaches, this isnt Vernon Gholston.

Exactly, if you want to take a look, at this point since they put him on the market, just wait until they cut him.

Who better than Rex knows DBs. This kid was a beast in college. San Francisco hasnt eactly been the best scenario to play the last few years. Mike Singletary was a flat out joke he couldnt even make the playoffs with a decent team.

Who better than Rex knows DBs. This kid was a beast in college. San Francisco hasnt eactly been the best scenario to play the last few years. Mike Singletary was a flat out joke he couldnt even make the playoffs with a decent team.

If Rex showed interest you might have a point.

So when Rex doesn't make a move on him in 24 hours will you please STFU?

Archived