Braylon Edwards signs with 49ERS

Morrissey

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or look at it this way. They have 3 - #1 WR's, 3 - 1,000 yard WR's, and 2 WR's who've caught game winning SB TD's.

I dont think anyone is disregarding the talent possibilities. Its a 16 game season that worries me. Will these guys have much left in the tank in the playoffs when things get real physical ? I cant believe how easily people dismiss the age of the guys were discussing. Football players have to recover from bumps and bruises every week this is not easy for guys this age and if you think it is your not paying attention or just have your Jets blinders on

Id rather Braylon Edwards than Derrick Mason, Cotchery was a #3 here I dont like the way he was treated. Now if they trade for DeSean Jackson thats a different story.

You're dodging the question. Name something Cotchery, who you wanted to retain, does better than Mason, who you said is "sh*t" just now.

You're dodging the question. Name something Cotchery, who you wanted to retain, does better than Mason, who you said is "sh*t" just now.

I'd take Cotchery over Mason to be loyal to him for all the years he played here and how he played the game and never bitched once injured or not and whether he got the dam ball or not!

As much as I always liked Cotchery and still do, Mason was plenty better than Cotchery last year plus Cotchery's less reliable health-wise and is already on the PUP following surgery on his friggin' back.

Cotchery is less reliable than Mason. He hasn't had a 900-yard season since 2007. He's caught more than 3 TD's in a season once in the last 4 years (a whopping 5 in 2008). "sh*t" Mason has 7 TD's each of the last 2 years. Cotchery's never accomplished that once in his career.

As I said, I liked him plenty, but you're overrating him a tad. Enlighten us on what you think Cotchery does better than Mason right now.

Ever play football with disk issues ?? Ever try to do anything with disk issues ?

I'd take Cotchery over Mason to be loyal to him for all the years he played here and how he played the game and never bitched once injured or not and whether he got the dam ball or not!

Or whether we won the Superbowl or not!

Fwiw on the bright side, if had a pick of Plex or BE as a one year rental I'm taking Plex. BE's appeal and value was that he was younger and had more years to play at a high level. If I'm picking one guy for 2011 only I would have taken Plex anyway. So there's that.

I have my reservations, but that doesn't mean I can't see the logic here. I expect him to be in excellent shape and motivated to perform. He's only gonna have maybe one more two or three year deal in him after this season, and he's going to make sure it counts.

What have you done for me lately fans, no loyalty and they say the NFL is a business so are alot of NYJETS fans.

Im not so concerned the Jets got rid of Cotch he was a good guy and very likeable but if he was losing it then it was probably time to cut ties. Im concerned with what we replaced him with. I dont give a damn about Masons stats we needed to get a top flight guy in here or re sign that guy in San Fran

Im not so concerned the Jets got rid of Cotch he was a good guy and very likeable but if he was losing it then it was probably time to cut ties. Im concerned with what we replaced him with. I dont give a damn about Masons stats we needed to get a top flight guy in here or re sign that guy in San Fran

Exactly....replace with better not worse. This team has been downgraded in the WR dept.

Did I comment on that? No. You tried to pin the fact the Jets didn't win a Super Bowl because of Cotchery, which is ridiculous. And you know it...

No I did not, if you took it that way, you took it wrong.

Re-read the post I replied with that comment to.

I dont think anyone is disregarding the talent possibilities. Its a 16 game season that worries me. Will these guys have much left in the tank in the playoffs when things get real physical ? I cant believe how easily people dismiss the age of the guys were discussing. Football players have to recover from bumps and bruises every week this is not easy for guys this age and if you think it is your not paying attention or just have your Jets blinders on

Mason has played for the Ravens for the last couple of years, how more physical does it get? I dont think he's going to die next year. He'll be fine for 1 season and good for Sanchez. The guy gets open and catches everything.

I think Plax will be fine.

Either way, you can play a long time as a WR. I'm pretty excited. With Keller and LT out of the backfield, we're going to cause fits. Who do you key in on?

Ever play football with disk issues ?? Ever try to do anything with disk issues ?

We don't get spotted 4 points and an extra reception on drops because Cotchery's hurt.

Pretty much every season it's something else with Cotchery health-wise. Mason hasn't missed a game in a decade. We don't even know what Cotchery's back (or other body parts) are going to be this season.

Despite people portraying the contrary, Mason catches more passes, gets more yards, gets more yards per reception, scores more touchdowns, is more reliable health-wise, has more experience. Only disadvantage is age and I'll bet you can count on your fingers how many people knew Cotchery was only 29 until today or yesterday.

He's made some great catches and was a hell of a pick for the 4th round. And Derrick Mason is just a better receiver. With the Jets' actions, so says Rex who coached a team with Mason for a couple of years and coached a team with Cotchery for a couple of years.

More than anything I think this move to get Mason was about reliability.

8 years

8 years what? Do they award more points on the scoreboard based on how young the team is? Besides, Cotchery doesn't play like he's 8 years younger. Guy has taken some beatings.

Cotchery is slow and injury prone. Those should be the two very advantages gained by having youth at any position and as much as it pains me to admit it, Cotchery has neither speed nor reliable health.

That's a dumb reason.

You're trying to win football games and put the best reliable players out there that you can field.

Mason is a better receiver and is more reliable. 2 years from now I'm sure Cotchery will be better.

That's a dumb reason.

You're trying to win football games and put the best reliable players out there that you can field.

Mason is a better receiver and is more reliable. 2 years from now I'm sure Cotchery will be better.

We shall see. I dont think the NYJETS sign Derrick Mason, something else is up.

Adam Schefter

We couldn't have giving that to Braylon?

First time I've ever been disappointed in Mr. T.

Bad job...

At the time the Jets chose Plaxico over Braylon, Braylon was asking for 5 years, 50 million. Since then the idiot has gotten in a bar fight and taken a huge value hit.

Archived