Francesa back from vacation

stoicsentry

In my next life I hope to have Mike Francesa's vacation schedule.

Or I should have just become a teacher.

Teachers work a lot more than you might think... they have their normal day of work but also an hour or two of grading and lesson planning every night, when they go on Spring Break, etc they are responsible for more grading, report cards. There's parent/teacher conferences, hosting extracurricular activities and extra help. Then, you think... the summer, right? Well usually a teacher has to get a summer job to supplement their income. But also, they have to get a Master's degree (at least in New York) within 5 years of becoming certified. The only time to do that is to take classes full time in the summer. It's really not that easy.

As for Francesa, he has way more off time.

Right now: bashing Rex for his comment about having another team beating the Pats, making fun of the Jets for not winning the division, now pointing out that the Giants have more rings... not even kidding.

Must say I'm a bit surprised (not shocked) that he's still bashing given the Jets "olive branch" a few weeks ago.

"The Jets are the Lords of Flatbush... The Giants are still the Lords of the Rings".

Good God ... how long you think it took him to make that one up?

Fat scumbag.

His criticism is dead on. Burress is a huge question mark, and the Jets have made a lot of news, but frankly haven't improved from last year. He's dead on.

lol.

We re-signed Holmes, Cromartie, Hunter, Pool, Eric Smith, and brought back Donald Strickland. Not to mention we extended David Harris.

Draftees Wilkerson, Ellis, Kerley, and McKnight are all looking impressive in a shortened training camp.

2nd year "vets" Wilson and Joe McKnight are displaying improvement from last year.

We added 6-5 red zone target and physical freak Burress and sure-handed Mason to replace headcase Edwards and Cotchery (bad back, 10 drops last year).

Sanchez is looking more poised than last year and can expect to improve in his 3rd year. John Conner is knocking skulls and injecting youth at fullback.

We have a 100 % Revis (wasn't the case early last year), and a 100 % Jim Leonhard (wasn't the case at the END of last year).

And most importantly, Rex Ryan is here and truly has HIS team on the field in his 3rd season.

Do not bother to listen to him is the answer

Frankly, I have no idea how anyone can stand to, regardless of his opinions. Even when he's not trashing the Jets, or even talking about them at all, after 30 seconds I want to start stabbing myself in the ears so I don't have to listen anymore. He's completely intolerable.

He's gone from being a sports reporter to being a half a$$ shock jock. At least with Russo, he had to try to make sure he was on top of things since Russo would be able to call him out on things. Now he just pokes at Jets and Mets fans, does little to no homework, and just talks over anyone who tries to make a valid point. He CLEARLY hates the Jets, gets in alot of sly digs, then berates callers and acts like they have no idea what they're talking about when they call him out on it.

lol.

We re-signed Holmes, Cromartie, Hunter, Pool, Eric Smith, and brought back Donald Strickland. Not to mention we extended David Harris.

Draftees Wilkerson, Ellis, Kerley, and McKnight are all looking impressive in a shortened training camp.

2nd year "vets" Wilson and Joe McKnight are displaying improvement from last year.

We added 6-5 red zone target and physical freak Burress and sure-handed Mason to replace headcase Edwards and Cotchery (bad back, 10 drops last year).

Sanchez is looking more poised than last year and can expect to improve in his 3rd year. John Conner is knocking skulls and injecting youth at fullback.

We have a 100 % Revis (wasn't the case early last year), and a 100 % Jim Leonhard (wasn't the case at the END of last year).

And most importantly, Rex Ryan is here and truly has HIS team on the field in his 3rd season.

So you're main argument is the fact we RE-SIGNED players, sorry, but how does that improve the team from last year? and the fact we replaces Edwards with someone who was in prison the last 2 years, oh and a 37 year old WR. The draft is pretty irrelevant since EVERY added unproven talent via the draft.

Teachers work a lot more than you might think... they have their normal day of work but also an hour or two of grading and lesson planning every night, when they go on Spring Break, etc they are responsible for more grading, report cards. There's parent/teacher conferences, hosting extracurricular activities and extra help. Then, you think... the summer, right? Well usually a teacher has to get a summer job to supplement their income. But also, they have to get a Master's degree (at least in New York) within 5 years of becoming certified. The only time to do that is to take classes full time in the summer. It's really not that easy.

In many cases especially on the high school level, there is also time spent for bonking students. LOL (See it all the time in the Media)

Archived