Where are all the trades and fa signing????

CoachTsurfing

So, tanny said to expect a lot of trades and fa signing and the jets weren't done adding players. Well, where the hell are they all? This can't be the team we're going to war with. Not that we don't have a decent to good team now, but if we are going to get to the next level we need to add that special player to get us there. Maybe I'm just spoiled that we've made it to the afc championship game two years in a row, but superbowl has to be this year, anything else is a step back.

So, tanny said to expect a lot of trades and fa signing and the jets weren't done adding players. Well, where the hell are they all? This can't be the team we're going to war with. Not that we don't have a decent to good team now, but if we are going to get to the next level we need to add that special player to get us there. Maybe I'm just spoiled that we've made it to the afc championship game two years in a row, but superbowl has to be this year, anything else is a step back.

The players we added last season (wilson, cro, holmes etc) being in the system for another year can be that step up to the next level. Shonn greene and Sanchez improving would be a big deal too. There is not much more we can do to improve this team player wise other than what we've done on the D line. I wish we went a different direction with our WR's but that's up for debate. Our own players getting better is what we need to see IMO.

I don't think Tannenbaum ever said there would be "a lot of trades and FA signings". I think he said that he wouldn't rule out any other moves taking place. One way or another, I doubt he lets our cap space go to waste. Moving some of Sanchez's dollars onto this year's cap would be optimal.

I don't think Tannenbaum ever said there would be "a lot of trades and FA signings". I think he said that he wouldn't rule out any other moves taking place. One way or another, I doubt he lets our cap space go to waste. Moving some of Sanchez's dollars onto this year's cap would be optimal.

Tanny did specifically say to watch out for more moves, particularly trades. He made it sound like they had something in the works. I expected something by now, too. But If he manages to hold onto next year's draft picks, I won't be too upset.

Ya' know...I watched the Mike T. presser in which peolpe say that he said something was on the horizon and the first thing I thought to myself when I logged on to here was "were these people watching the same presser I was"?

I didn't take what he said to mean there was anything imminent. I took it as the usual kind of "we're always looking to improve the team any way we can" kind of thing. Not to say he won't make a deal, but I think some people took his comment to mean something more that what it actually did.

JMO

Ya' know...I watched the Mike T. presser in which peolpe say that he said something was on the horizon and the first thing I thought to myself when I logged on to here was "were these people watching the same presser I was"?

I didn't take what he said to mean there was anything imminent. I took it as the usual kind of "we're always looking to improve the team any way we can" kind of thing. Not to say he won't make a deal, but I think some people took his comment to mean something more that what it actually did.

JMO

Stop, you mean you actually took his words for exactly how he said it!!?? You didn't dissect it and twist it into something that says we're gonna make 50 blockbuster moves that tittilate and satiate our desire to have every elite player on the team? What????

Stop, you mean you actually took his words for exactly how he said it!!?? You didn't dissect it and twist it into something that says we're gonna make 50 blockbuster moves that tittilate and satiate our desire to have every elite player on the team? What????

first of all I didn't say 50 moves. Vick isn't going anywhere and last I saw megatron just got his a$$ beat by optimus prime. We have a few elite players. Revis on defense and Mangold and Fergie on offense. Then we have about 5-8 good players and the rest are decent. We need that special skill player to put us over the top. To take over a game in the fourth quarter.

the jets were OVER the cap when the CBA was finally done

they managed to keep holmes and cro, and just like we have been talking about for 5 ******* months, 1 of the "big 3" walked

where did this fantasy come about that the jets would be better on paper ?

we all knew we were LOSING a key starter at minimum due to the cap

so how were the jets supposed to get better "on paper" ?

"on paper" means nothing. We got younger on the defensive line and kept our key players at most positions. That's good. On offense we did the best we could with the money we have. Our future is settled, we just need the role players to fall into their positions. Plax at 80% is still better than Braylon at 100%, but it's a question mark until we see him play. There is no mathematical formula to winning a superbowl and there's always a certain element that is luck as well. We're in pretty damn good shape, and our chances are better this year because 1st, Holmes & Sanchez have better chemistry on offense, and 2nd Revis, Cromartie, Smith, Leonhard, Pool and Harris all know Rex's system pretty well now and that will only improve as we move on. We're way better off than the doom & gloomers would have you believe.

"on paper" means nothing. We got younger on the defensive line and kept our key players at most positions. That's good. On offense we did the best we could with the money we have. Our future is settled, we just need the role players to fall into their positions. Plax at 80% is still better than Braylon at 100%, but it's a question mark until we see him play. There is no mathematical formula to winning a superbowl and there's always a certain element that is luck as well. We're in pretty damn good shape, and our chances are better this year because 1st, Holmes & Sanchez have better chemistry on offense, and 2nd Revis, Cromartie, Smith, Leonhard, Pool and Harris all know Rex's system pretty well now and that will only improve as we move on. We're way better off than the doom & gloomers would have you believe.

Bingo. The most ridiculous part of this is literally the ONLY way any team EVER gets better "on paper" in the offseason according to the fans is through acquiring other team's big name players through FA or trade. By that criteria I don't think teams like the Steelers or Packers have EVER gotten better "on paper" in the offseason, but it seems to be working out just fine for them now doesn't it? It's not just about acquisitions of known quantities, it's about the progression of players on your roster (the improved play of Sanchez, McKnight, Wilson, etc. could all be major factors this season), as well as draft acquisitions (Wilkerson is starting, Ellis is going to be a key depth player, Kerley's taking on more roles than you can count).

Maybe we've gotten too used to the big name signings and trades over the past few years from Tanny, but the fact is that it was done in order to build the roster up. No team but the Redskins do that every single offseason, and look at how that's worked for them. That build up of the roster has been accomplished, so now the key was retaining those players that were brought in, which they did a great job of, and continuing to build up the young core of the team through the draft.

JMO

I took it as he had something big in the works.

This press conference took place immediately after the Jets got played by Aso and his agent. Tannenbaum made statements like we're not done yet. And, expect more moves - especially trades.

Definitely sounded to me like they had something imminent going on.

Archived