2012: A Heavenly Dream Season

SoFlaJets

Passionately hating a Jets player seems a bit rash. He's a person as well. There aren't many other options out there for QB of the Jets, ya know?

It maybe a bit rash - but I'm fan and my passionate hate has absolutely zero effect on the game. And QB's certainly dont grow on trees. I actually commend the Jets for trying to find a QB over the years. I hated the Sanchez pick but commend them for trying.

I just wish he was a likeable guy. If he was, then I wouldnt hate him. But he makes it very hard to root for him with his sulky little bitch attitude. Couple that with his horrible play and holding this team back...and well, I hate him. But I still <3 my Jets.

just my opinion

but in my opinion Sanchez will be a very good NFL quarterback now that the biggest obstacle to his being so has been sent out the door and landed in SL to ruin poor Sam Bradford's career

I think Josh McDaniels beat him to the punch on that one.. lol

Passionately hating a Jets player seems a bit rash. He's a person as well. There aren't many other options out there for QB of the Jets, ya know?

'

Whadda think we've been talking about for the past few months hawk? That we NEED a better option at quarterback than what we currently have on the roster right now. Look, it goes without even saying that Mark Brunnell will NOT be in a Jets uniform next season and we all already KNOW with the history of this franchise that the other 2 backups Kevin C'Connell and Greg McElroy, well the closest they will ever get to seeing the field will be in meaningless pre season games. So what does that leave us? Well right now it means we are stuck with one of the worst starting QBs in the AFC as the starter-we HAVE to do better, we HAVE to get another QB-a REAL QB on this roster and quick. Woody Johnson knows this as well as every smart Jets fan who watches every move this team makes knows. This is why he, Woody Johnson wants Peyton Manning to be that guy and if not him then it will have to be someone who is either a proven entity or someone like Matt Flynn-with a lot of potential

just my opinion

but in my opinion Sanchez will be a very good NFL quarterback now that the biggest obstacle to his being so has been sent out the door and landed in SL to ruin poor Sam Bradford's career

Thats its. Thats all. A new OC and all of a sudden Sanchez is elite because thats what Tony Sparano does. Takes sh*tty QB's and makes them elite.

Thats completely unfair. Reading this board lately and you'd think the Jets are a bunch of talentless hacks. Which I completely disagree with...we're a QB away from being contenders every single season. I <3 Rex Ryan and I'm confident he'll fix the locker room issues and the Jets will be back in the playoffs next season.

You just knock the wrong guy..

Those of us knocking sanchez and saying the rest of the team is pretty good are bad fans..

The ones that knock the WR's, RB's, Oline, TE and defense.. they're the good fans

Same thing as when CPF was getting knocked... it's ******* delusional

Those of us knocking sanchez and saying the rest of the team is pretty good are bad fans..

The ones that knock the WR's, RB's, Oline, TE and defense.. they're the good fans

Haha....so true.

it's only my opinion, JIF, No need to get all angry about it if you don't agree. Did you notice how much Alex Smith (a total bust for years and years) improved when the Niners brought in a hugely better offensive system with Harbaugh.

Coaching matters in the NFL IMO and getting rid of Schottenheimer was the first HUGE positive step the Jets made in this 2012 offseason to make Sanchez better, the offense better and thus the whole team better

You can knock both, too.

it's only my opinion, JIF, No need to get all angry about it if you don't agree. Did you notice how much Alex Smith (a total bust for years and years) improved when the Niners brought in a hugely better offensive system with Harbaugh. Coaching matters in the NFL IMO and getting rid of Schottenheimer was the first HUGE positive step the Jets made in this 2012 offseason to make Sanchez better, the offense better and thus the whole team better

Wasnt angry. Not being mean...just saying that I think its a bit silly to believe thats all it will take.

Hope you are right.

I think calling Jason Campbell a "major upgrade" to anyone is kind of laughable. That said, I think calling anyone who has ever put on an NFL uniform a "major downgrade" to Mark Sanchez is even more ridiculous than that.

OK, "major" was a bit hyperbolic, but I wanted to underscore just how little I think of Sanchez.

If given a choice between the two, I'm taking Campbell without hesitation.

strange, I guess

I root for the Jets

I enjoy rooting for the Jets as I have since 1960

I wouldn't ask myself that question after the last season or even after some future Kotite season. I'm just a fan so I root for my team.

I apologize to any that are angered or offended by my position

So is anybody else at least a LITTLE bit excited about the upcoming off-season, draft, pre season? Also, when teams lose a Super Bowl like New England did last night the next year they always seem to struggle a bit-this could be a great open window for the Jets IF, IF they make some significant moves starting with the pursuit of #18...Now if it looks like we have no chance to get Manning then I want to see us try for Matt Flynn-somebody who will at least be given a CHANCE to battle it out with Sanchez for the starting spot. That's what it's going to take: the Jets will ONLY make it a competition if the go out and GET another starting caliber signal caller. If it comes down to us going into the summer with Kevin O'Connell and Greg McElroy well then you can pretty much write the 2012 season off and start watching which seniors we're going to be drafting in April 2013

I think the Pats dump 85, and Welker, and replace them with Lloyd, and VJax, and draft 4 defensive players first 2 rounds, and are going 13-3 again next season. Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd, and VJax could be unstoppable.

I think the Pats dump 85, and Welker, and replace them with Lloyd, and VJax, and draft 4 defensive players first 2 rounds, and are going 13-3 again next season. Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd, and VJax could be unstoppable.

yea you know what sux is that our division can never have a 9-7 division winner anymore-you have to win at least 11-12 to even have a chanve and even then it's probably not gonna be enough

That's what they should do, we'll see if they actually do it... Hopefully they resign welker, bring in another stop gap receiver and spend the first 2 rounds trading down

As bad as 1-15 was for the Jets....this is rock bottom. They couldnt have been more embarrassed than they were this year.

Bravo guys.

I think it's because there WAS no excuse for it to happen-we had just gone to 2 straight AFCCG with pretty much the same team-a lot of guys just didn't step up like we thought they should have -or like they DID the year before

Archived