180 replies to this topic

#51 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,937 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

All they've done since Spygate is be the best franchise in football.

Giants and Steelers have both won 2 SB's since spygate, how many have the Patriots won?

Edited by JiF, 31 January 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image

#52 WWWWombat

WWWWombat

WWWWWWW banned

• Members
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

that's because the culture of cheating hasn't gone away. you don't really think they stopped cheating, do you ?

Cheating is ubiquitous wherever there is competition. How many teams do you think are completely free of PEDs for instance? The Chargers were caught using a "stickum-like" substance this last season but no one made a big deal of that because they still sucked. It's not the cheating that people resent; it's the success.
Posted Image

Roberts is going, Posada throws, he is SAFE!

#53 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,583 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

The Pats have the best record in the NFL since Spygate. All that continued references to Spygate are going to do is ensure that Belichick doesn't retire until he wins at least one more Superbowl. I would like to thank Marshall Faulk for making sure that chip stays on Belichick's shoulder.

Yawn.

#54 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,583 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Cheating is ubiquitous wherever there is competition. How many teams do you think are completely free of PEDs for instance? The Chargers were caught using a "stickum-like" substance this last season but no one made a big deal of that because they still sucked. It's not the cheating that people resent; it's the success.

Deflect much ?

#55 WWWWombat

WWWWombat

WWWWWWW banned

• Members
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Giants and Steelers have both won 2 SB'ers since spygate, how many have the Patriots won?

Steelers have only won one SB since Spygate actually. But to answer your question, the Patriots have not won a Super Bowl since Spygate. The same can be said of 27 other NFL franchises, including your beloved Jets.
Posted Image

#56 JiF

JiF

• Members
  • 36,937 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Haha. Yeah, people love when teams compromise the integrity of the sport and its pushed under the rug.
Posted Image

#57 WWWWombat

WWWWombat

WWWWWWW banned

• Members
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Deflect much ?

Call it what you want. I have not denied that the Patriots cheated. I am merely saying that it is not extraordinary. Plenty of organizations in professional sports have cheated and plenty still do cheat.
Posted Image

#58 JiF

JiF

• Members
  • 36,937 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Steelers have only won one SB since Spygate actually. But to answer your question, the Patriots have not won a Super Bowl since Spygate. The same can be said of 27 other NFL franchises, including your beloved Jets.

True. My bad.

Either way, I think its safe to say since the Patriots have not won a SB since spygate that the following quote would not apply.

Posted Image

#59 JiF

JiF

• Members
  • 36,937 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Call it what you want. I have not denied that the Patriots cheated. I am merely saying that it is not extraordinary. Plenty of organizations in professional sports have cheated and plenty still do cheat.

Cheaters.
Posted Image

#60 WWWWombat

WWWWombat

WWWWWWW banned

• Members
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

True. My bad.

Either way, I think its safe to say since the Patriots have not won a SB since spygate that the following quote would not apply.

It's arguable. I can't fault anyone for picking the Giants over the Patriots in that debate, but the Patriots are still in the discussion.
Posted Image

#61 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,126 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

The Pats have the best record in the NFL since Spygate. All that continued references to Spygate are going to do is ensure that Belichick doesn't retire until he wins at least one more Superbowl. I would like to thank Marshall Faulk for making sure that chip stays on Belichick's shoulder.

I think Beli will ride off into the sunset with Brady whether they win another one or not.

Curious lack of championships for the best franchise in the sport.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#62 JiF

JiF

• Members
  • 36,937 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

It's arguable. I can't fault anyone for picking the Giants over the Patriots in that debate, but the Patriots are still in the discussion.

They'd be in the conversation if we were talking about the best teams who havent won a championship since spygate, otherwise, no.
Posted Image

#63 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,583 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

That still does not make it right.

#64 WWWWombat

WWWWombat

WWWWWWW banned

• Members
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

That still does not make it right.

Yes, but it does make it rather hypocritical to focus so much attention on Spygate.
Posted Image

#65 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,583 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yes, but it does make it rather hypocritical to focus so much attention on Spygate.

Again deflecting. Its not hypocrisy when a guy complains for being robbed of a ring by a cheat.

#66 WWWWombat

WWWWombat

WWWWWWW banned

• Members
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Again deflecting. Its not hypocrisy when a guy complains for being robbed of a ring by a cheat.

Not hypocrisy; just sour grapes:

https://bleacherrepo...r-afc-east-news

The Case Against Marshall Faulk 'Cheating' Comments, and Other AFC East News

By

Erik Frenz(AFC East Lead Writer) on January 31, 2013

898 reads
8 Posted Image
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext
Posted Image Ezra Shaw/Getty Images
New England Patriots fans have long wondered if NFL Network analyst and former St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk has an axe to grind with the Patriots.
They now have their answer: an unequivocal yes.
Faulk created quite a stir among Patriots fans in comments given during the Super Bowl media day festivities. He spoke to Tom E. Curran of CSNNE.com about his emotions over losing Super Bowl XXXVI, and explained why he felt "cheated" out of the Super Bowl:

Am I over the loss? Yeah, I'm over the loss. But I'll never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl. That's a different story. I can understand losing a Super Bowl, that's fine...but how things happened and what took place. Obviously, the commissioner gets to handle things how he wants to handle them but if they wanted us to shut up about what happened, show us the tapes. Don't burn 'em.

He talked about his bewilderment over the Rams' ineffectiveness in the red zone and on third down. He explained that the team had practiced plays that they hadn't run in games, and that he was mystified as to how the Patriots were able to stop those plays.
The only explanation, in his mind, is that the Patriots taped the Rams' walkthrough. There was a report in The Boston Herald that the Patriots had done so, but there are multiple problems with his theory.
Never mind that the Herald ran a retraction of their story, and that the league found no evidence that such a tape existed, but Faulk's memory is a bit fuzzy. The Rams only made it into the red zone one time in the entire game, and they actually scored. There were two straight runs right up the middle—not exactly the stuff of offensive innovation—and Michael Hurley of CBS Boston points out what happened from there:

On that possession, on third-and-goal from the 3, Law let an interception go through his arms in simple man-to-man coverage on Isaac Bruce, who showed little interest in fighting for the football.
On the ensuing fourth down, Warner scrambled right when he had no open options. Roman Phifer stripped the ball on the 1-yard line, and [Patriots safety Tebucky] Jones ran it 99 yards back for a touchdown that would have secured a Patriots win. However, because [linebacker Willie] McGinest very clearly held Faulk, the play was called back.
Faulk was then stuffed on a run up the middle. It wasn’t exactly a revolutionary play run by the Rams, so Faulk couldn’t have been complaining about that one. Then, apparently the videotapes failed the Patriots, because Warner ran a sneak right up the gut for a Rams touchdown that cut the Patriots’ lead to 17-10.

Willie McGinest points out that if the Patriots were cheating, the game would have been a blowout and would not have been close at the end.
Faulk also complained about some third downs; the Rams went 5-of-13 on third down (38.5 percent). However, they missed on three conversions of 17, 18 and 20 yards. Not sure how much the videotape helped on those, but without those three instances, the Rams would have converted 50 percent of their third downs—eerily similar to their 49.7 percent conversion rate in the regular season.
So, without much of a leg to stand on, it looks like Faulk is running out of excuses.
The easiest way to explain it is sour grapes. Curran hints at that in saying, "At one point in the conversation, Faulk said, 'I don't even know why you brought this up now.' In fact, Faulk was the one who broached it."
It's not at all unfair for Faulk to wonder what went wrong in that Super Bowl loss, but to base his logic and contempt for the Patriots off evidence that never even existed is as juvenile as it gets.
He even hinted at that in his closing comments: "If you lost a game and your brother cheated you, you'll remember that."
Posted Image

#67 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,583 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Ahhh..so the damage control has begun!

NFL could not have its pristine game tainted by some guy who got robbed of his ring!

Edited by JetsFanInDenver, 31 January 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#68 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

If you get cheated out of a championship it has got to hurt. After all the efforts these guys put in during the off season, then the season and the post season only to see you got robbed by someone who cheated. And the cheats were not even punished. Goddell eliminated all evidence.

Its gotta hurt. Put yourself in their situation.

They could have and should have won the game no matter what video taping was done. They lost it on the field and have no one to blame but themselves.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#69 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,583 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

They could have and should have won the game no matter what video taping was done. They lost it on the field and have no one to blame but themselves.

Video taping practices....that matters....a lot!

#70 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

the best part of this is what belicheat robbed the chowds of.....

bragging rights

for the next 100 years, if they try to brag about the SB's, even if thery are in china, the response they will get is;

wtf ? you cheated

yep.. I even used that on my wife once in a fight. :rl: Your team cheats! That was a fun night.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#71 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Isn't your wife a Pats' fan or am I thinking of someone else?

yes. But doesnt mean I like them or root for them. I just have sex with one of their fans.

#72 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

This is an article from a former player who feels cheated - whats this got to do with Jets fans?

Jets fans posting on a jets messageboard about how a Rams player was cheated out of a ring... thats what.

#73 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I think Beli will ride off into the sunset with Brady whether they win another one or not.

I agree. He'll be gone in 2-3 years so he can go fishing and f#ck his mistresses.

#74 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,730 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Video taping practices....that matters....a lot!

Yeah, it sure does. To Jets fans this many years later. Pathetic.

#75 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,583 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, it sure does. To Jets fans this many years later. Pathetic.

It was brought up by a ex-Rams player. And every fan base is doing that. So stop blaming JETS fans.

Lets not defend cheating!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users