once again the vaunted defense fails to make the needed stop in the 4th quarter

neckdemon

why would i cry? i'm happy they won. i'm annoyed that the defense almost never seems to be bale to get the one big stop late in the game to seal the win

Nit picking at this point. That game should have been over with that pass to Hill and this isnt even a conversation.

Plus, you cant take out of the equation who you are playing. It was Brady. Whatd they say 39 career 4th quarter comebacks? Good enough to win today which is all that matters.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won.  Largely on the back of a defense that nearly held the Pats to negative yardage in the 3rd quarter (and scored on a pick 6), then got the needed stop in OT.  This thread is absolutely pathetic.

a littel reading comprehension tutoring might help you out here. i'm not saying the defrense sucked. i'm saying i am tired of seeing this "great" defense give up the tying or winning score late in the 4th instead of sealing the damn win.

Just holding Brady to a FG at the end of regulation was a victory, IMO. How many times have we seen Brady put up a touchdown in a 2 minute drill like that at the end of a game? It's practically a fait accompli against ANY team.

Also, you must have missed Brady's first possession in overtime. What did they give up then? 11 yards? LOL

no it wasnt a victory. it was a tie. and it was a failure by the defense

We won.  Largely on the back of a defense that nearly held the Pats to negative yardage in the 3rd quarter (and scored on a pick 6), then got the needed stop in OT.  This thread is absolutely pathetic.

+1

Can't please 'em all.  Or in the case of the Jets, you'll never please some.

a littel reading comprehension tutoring might help you out here. i'm not saying the defrense sucked. i'm saying i am tired of seeing this "great" defense give up the tying or winning score late in the 4th instead of sealing the damn win.

Look around the league.  Teams tie or win on game-ending drives all the time.  We've won quite a few games ourselves on the last possession, and didn't do it with a Hall of Fame QB at our disposal.

No, the Jets won the game. They prevented a game losing TD, and won in OT. It worked. Sorry.

Where do you draw the "it worked" line?

Cumberland's drop that could have helped run out the clock "worked" too, because they still won the game.

so i'm guessing by all the reactions herew every one of you were saying to yourselves "thank god they gave up that field goal just now!!!!!"

Maybe your post would be taken a little more positively if you taken a little time to, you know, enjoy the game and made your point tomorrow.

Why the hell hasn't Antonio Allen been playing the way he played today, or been on the field to show he can play that way?  That is my one complaint about today lol.

Clearly its because Rex sucks.  I mean, why does it take a 7th round pick a whole 1.5 seasons to turn in a Pro Bowl-caliber performance?  I don't get it.

so i'm guessing by all the reactions herew every one of you were saying to yourselves "thank god they gave up that field goal just now!!!!!"

Better than a f***ing TD.  Who cares?  Were you pissed we allowed that one first down in OT before forcing a punt?

If we'd blown it in OT and allowed the Pats to march down and kick a FG or end it on a TD I'd be right there with you about how we let it slip away.  But we didn't, so I'm happy.

Where do you draw the "it worked" line?

Cumberland's drop that could have helped run out the clock "worked" too, because they still won the game.

But this thread isn't about failures on offense, clearly, because all that matters is Rex's D sucked like a couple times today against Tom Brady.

Thanks to that penalty, right? I am happy they won, but if it wasnt for that gift they lose. well almost certainly lose.

Cool.  So we can't be happy because we won on a legit penalty.  You make your own luck in this league.  I believe the same thing about the Patriots, who many like to complain about being luckier than good, which is simply false.

Cool.  So we can't be happy because we won on a legit penalty.  You make your own luck in this league.  I believe the same thing about the Patriots, who many like to complain about being luckier than good, which is simply false.

<---Happy :) but stop saying I told you so :)

Clearly its because Rex sucks.  I mean, why does it take a 7th round pick a whole 1.5 seasons to turn in a Pro Bowl-caliber performance?  I don't get it.

If that kid plays this way the rest of the year that secondary will improve enough for this team to make some noise down the stretch here.

Thanks to that penalty, right? I am happy they won, but if it wasnt for that gift they lose. well almost certainly lose.

This is another slippery slope.  Hill got a soft call on the OPI.  He didn't push anymore than there was pushing on every single play and never extended his arms.  McCourty pranced like a fairy and that got the call from a guy who probably didn't even see it.

Both teams benefited from it.

How many other failures during the game ''worked''?

Rex needed to make sure he didn't lose the game in regulation. He succeeded. Being too aggressive there could've easily resulted in a game losing TD, especially to a QB like Brady. He'd didn't do that. He played it smart, and won the game. It worked.

Again, sorry.

Archived