110 replies to this topic

#26 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,121 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Nah, I have never ever bitched about them blitzing , so meh yourself. I have ALWAYS hated the prevent defense.

No one likes the prevent defense. Rex probably hates it more than you - but it worked. Oh well.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#27 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,212 posts

Getting a little testy, arent you? Oh thats right Rex's balls are on your chin. my bad :)

All Rex does is win games.  Like today.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#28 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,212 posts

go **** myself? lol. someone is taking this a little too hard. would you like a tissue and a tampon to plug ur hurt vagina?

We won.  Largely on the back of a defense that nearly held the Pats to negative yardage in the 3rd quarter (and scored on a pick 6), then got the needed stop in OT.  This thread is absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 20 October 2013 - 04:12 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#29 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,727 posts
  • LocationNJ

Wow lol really? Whatever man. Of you cant appreciate that they held Brady to no passing TDs and got a stop in OT then I dunno what to tell you.

Go cry into your beer.

why would i cry? i'm happy they won. i'm annoyed that the defense almost never seems to be bale to get the one big stop late in the game to seal the win

#30 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

the pats didnt score any offensive tds? i'm not saying i'm pissed about the games outcome. i'm saying, with all the resources we've put into this defense.......it's been a disturbing thing to watch tyhem give up the tying or winning score late in the 4th quarter again and again and again and again

Just holding Brady to a FG at the end of regulation was a victory, IMO. How many times have we seen Brady put up a touchdown in a 2 minute drill like that at the end of a game? It's practically a fait accompli against ANY team.

Also, you must have missed Brady's first possession in overtime. What did they give up then? 11 yards? LOL

Edited by stoicsentry, 20 October 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#31 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,759 posts

Tom Brady:  22/46, 228 yds, 0 TD's, 1 INT (2 fumbles, both recovered), 4 sacks.  Got the stop in overtime when needed.  And that on a day when he finally got his favorite target back in Gronk (who looked quite good and healthy when he wasn't getting locked down by Antonio Allen).

What the hell do you have to complain about today, exactly?

Why the hell hasn't Antonio Allen been playing the way he played today, or been on the field to show he can play that way?  That is my one complaint about today lol.

#32 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,096 posts

No one likes the prevent defense. Rex probably hates it more than you - but it worked. Oh well.

IT DIDNT WORK THOUGH! they tied the game dude!

#33 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,212 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Was thinking about this.  Unless you don't trust your defense at all, the new OT rules make me think getting the ball 2nd is the right idea.  Of course, you can't actually do that, because it gets you fired as a coach if they get the TD, but I'm not sure it isn't the right strategy.

Yeah, the new OT rules make the game a little bit more like the college OT system.  For once I think the NFL has gotten something right with recent rule changes.  Teams might well start taking the ball 2nd, or at least have to THINK about it.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 20 October 2013 - 04:13 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#34 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

We beat the division-leading Patriots in an overtime game that we never win, ever.

Things that are usually complained about by Jets fans on here:

Rex and his defense can't stop anyone on 3rd down? Pats went 1-12

Rex and his defense can't make adjustments at halftime? Defense looks completely different, allowing -6 yards for almost the 3rd quarter and allowing them to score 6 points all 2nd half.

Rex and his defense overload blitz too predictably on 3rd downs and end of games? We drop more into coverage than all year.

Obviously you want to see them not allow that field goal to send it to over time, but the defense had a pretty darn good game. Maybe it's because I don't expect them to be lights out or put them on a pedestal, but I'm able to give recognition when it's due and they deserve it today. I'm also not entirely sure of who really is calling this defense great, or if it's just a strawman used to tear down rex.

#35 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,037 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

To be fair, when was the last time Tom Brady engineered a game winning drive in crunch time? :winking0001:

idc. i'm just sick of watching our defense give up the score. i am sitting here watching with my father-in-law and say......watch the pats will get the fg at least. and he says you think? and i say yeah i been watching the jets too long. and what happens? they give it up just like that and he says...wow you were right.

last week vs the Saints

Proud Member of the AVM

#36 sh4dy15

sh4dy15

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

why would i cry? i'm happy they won. i'm annoyed that the defense almost never seems to be bale to get the one big stop late in the game to seal the win

Nit picking at this point. That game should have been over with that pass to Hill and this isnt even a conversation.

Plus, you cant take out of the equation who you are playing. It was Brady. Whatd they say 39 career 4th quarter comebacks? Good enough to win today which is all that matters.

#37 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,727 posts
  • LocationNJ

We won.  Largely on the back of a defense that nearly held the Pats to negative yardage in the 3rd quarter (and scored on a pick 6), then got the needed stop in OT.  This thread is absolutely pathetic.

a littel reading comprehension tutoring might help you out here. i'm not saying the defrense sucked. i'm saying i am tired of seeing this "great" defense give up the tying or winning score late in the 4th instead of sealing the damn win.

#38 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,121 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

No, the Jets won the game. They prevented a game losing TD, and won in OT. It worked. Sorry.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#39 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

the secondary had hteir best game of the year.  That was Tom Brady out there.

#40 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,727 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Just holding Brady to a FG at the end of regulation was a victory, IMO. How many times have we seen Brady put up a touchdown in a 2 minute drill like that at the end of a game? It's practically a fait accompli against ANY team.

Also, you must have missed Brady's first possession in overtime. What did they give up then? 11 yards? LOL

no it wasnt a victory. it was a tie. and it was a failure by the defense

#41 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,727 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

so i'm guessing by all the reactions herew every one of you were saying to yourselves "thank god they gave up that field goal just now!!!!!"

#42 AVM

AVM

Anti Vick Militia President/Owner

• Members
  • 11,522 posts

+1

Can't please 'em all.  Or in the case of the Jets, you'll never please some.

Insert witty comment here

#43 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,553 posts

no it wasnt a victory. it was a tie. and it was a failure by the defense

The stop in overtime doesn't count as a success?

#44 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,212 posts

a littel reading comprehension tutoring might help you out here. i'm not saying the defrense sucked. i'm saying i am tired of seeing this "great" defense give up the tying or winning score late in the 4th instead of sealing the damn win.

Look around the league.  Teams tie or win on game-ending drives all the time.  We've won quite a few games ourselves on the last possession, and didn't do it with a Hall of Fame QB at our disposal.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#45 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,096 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

so i'm guessing by all the reactions herew every one of you were saying to yourselves "thank god they gave up that field goal just now!!!!!"

LOL! I know. ''we had it in ot anyway all the way''

#46 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain & VIP Member

• Members
  • 17,346 posts

No, the Jets won the game. They prevented a game losing TD, and won in OT. It worked. Sorry.

Where do you draw the "it worked" line?

Cumberland's drop that could have helped run out the clock "worked" too, because they still won the game.

reset_buttonjpgscaled500_zps740f8923.jpg

#47 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,096 posts

The stop in overtime doesn't count as a success?

It wasnt a stop, they scored.

Edited by BP, 20 October 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#48 AVM

AVM

Anti Vick Militia President/Owner

• Members
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Maybe your post would be taken a little more positively if you taken a little time to, you know, enjoy the game and made your point tomorrow.

Insert witty comment here

#49 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,212 posts

Why the hell hasn't Antonio Allen been playing the way he played today, or been on the field to show he can play that way?  That is my one complaint about today lol.

Clearly its because Rex sucks.  I mean, why does it take a 7th round pick a whole 1.5 seasons to turn in a Pro Bowl-caliber performance?  I don't get it.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 20 October 2013 - 04:18 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#50 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,037 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Brady usually wins these type games with a TD this week he was only able to get a tie with the field goal then we shut his ass down in OT not sure what you expect ...

Proud Member of the AVM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users