CHA CHING BITCHES!

JetPotato

Round of beers on me...

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/pay-1-million-photograph-potato-article-1.2510953?utm_content=buffer22c1a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

This spud is a stud!

Famed photographer Kevin Abosch is known for his stunning portraits of Johnny Depp, Steven Spielberg, Malala Yousafzai and now — a potato.

Abosch's recent portrait of an organic potato against a black backdrop sold to a European businessman for a whopping $1 million.

The Irish photographer said the price tag might seem "absurd,” but that it's not the first time someone has purchased the art right off his wall.

Photographer Kevin Abosch sold his photograph of a potato for $1 Million.COURTESY OF KEVIN ABOSCH

Photographer Kevin Abosch sold his photograph of a potato for $1 Million.

"We had two glasses of wine and he [the businessman] said, 'I really like that,'" Abosch told the Sunday Times. "Two more glasses of wine and he said: 'I really want that.' "

The $1 million (or $750,000 pounds) was the most Abosch has ever been paid for a piece of work that wasn't commissioned.

Abosch's portraits are popular among the wealthy and many are considered collectors' items. His commissioned works often start at nearly $300,000.

A series of 250 portraits of people from Ireland, known as "Faces of Ireland," launched in 2011 as one of Abosch's most prominent projects.

• 3 months later...

Archived