Nick Folk "Hero" appreciation thread

RoadFan

27 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I like Folk as well, but I'm not sure this team is in any position to be paying a kicker top 5 money at his position.  

3 million does not make or break a salary cap.

If you want to know what this team "is not in position to do", lets start with paying a horrible mailing-it-in Cornerback most of 16 million to maybe, maybe, be converted to a mediocre Safety.

Or to have what some days feels like 14 1st round DE's, not one of whom consistently produces on the field.

Or to not pay a Free Agent Journeyman QB (Cutler, Hoyer, Romo, etc.) or another teams failed castoff (Glennon) multiple tens of millions for a one year rental or yet another throw-sh*t-at-wall-hope-sticks-abandon-ouw-drafted-QB's recycling of other teams failures.

3 mil for a kicker on a team where he could legitimately be the top scorer next year?  Not a big deal.

Perhaps I'm more angry at who isn't being cut, renegotiated right now, that by who was cut.  FFS it's possible that we'll lose Folk, Mangold and more solid guys, yet retain Revis, Sheldon and most of what was a dogsh*t salary-stealing Defense.

45 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

sorry logic eludes you. you made the asinine comment comparing us to NE, I simply tore it apart like I generally do w/ your weak posts.

I try to deal in reality not lala land. our fans wouldn't be the whiners we are if we had a Tom Brady and were winning big.

My comparison in the fan bases was based on living amongst both, and the realities of actual events. Your response was a hypothetical scenario in which we have Tom Brady.

You tore nothing apart, other than the record for how quickly and easily you are willing to embark on a "debate" with nothing by hypothetical jibberish as your weapon.

You literally never deal in reality. Every dispute you engage in, and there's a ton of them, is punctuated by you offering hypothetical arguments to counter fact.

I've said it before, if not for United and joewilly, you'd be the centerpiece of buffoonery on this site.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

3 million does not make or break a salary cap.

If you want to know what this team "is not in position to do", lets start with paying a horrible mailing-it-in Cornerback most of 16 million to maybe, maybe, be converted to a mediocre Safety.

Or to have what some days feels like 14 1st round DE's, not one of whom consistently produces on the field.

Or to not pay a Free Agent Journeyman QB (Cutler, Hoyer, Romo, etc.) or another teams failed castoff (Glennon) multiple tens of millions for a one year rental or yet another throw-sh*t-at-wall-hope-sticks recycling of other teams failures.

3 mil for a kicker on a team where he could legitimately be the top scorer next year?  Not a big deal.

Perhaps I'm more angry at who isn't being cut, renegotiated right now, that by who was cut.  FFS it's possible that we'll lose Folk, Mangold and more solid guys, yet retain Revis, Sheldon and most of what was a dogsh*t salary-stealing Defense.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. Based on 2016, Revis has to go. No move to safety. Just go. Richardson and his $8M should get traded to whoever would depart with a 3rd or 4th round pick. I'd like to see Mangold and Harris stick around after pay cuts, but I won't be mad if either are not on the 2017 roster.  Arguments can be made for and against keeping Decker and Marshall. If they truly plan on letting their young QBs play, it might be worth the $$ to keep them around. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

My comparison in the fan bases was based on living amongst both, and the realities of actual events. Your response was a hypothetical scenario in which we have Tom Brady.

You tore nothing apart, other than the record for how quickly and easily you are willing to embark on a "debate" with nothing by hypothetical jibberish as your weapon.

You literally never deal in reality. Every dispute you engage in, and there's a ton of them, is punctuated by you offering hypothetical arguments to counter fact.

I've said it before, if not for United and joewilly, you'd be the centerpiece of buffoonery on this site.

as intelligent adults we have to understand NE let Vinatieri go when they already had 3 SB titles and had Tom Brady in his prime.  No matter how you want to justify this it was a silly comparison.  

Thanks for your endorsement, it means a lot coming from one of our worst posters.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he didn't get us into the playoffs vs. the Colts, his kick won the game on the road in the playoffs against the Colts.

We both knew what I meant. We won in crap nail-biter at zero hour. I just got my facts twisted in a momentary lapse of giving a sh!t. 

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

as intelligent adults we have to understand NE let Vinatieri go when they already had 3 SB titles and had Tom Brady in his prime.  No matter how you want to justify this it was a silly comparison.  

Thanks for your endorsement, it means a lot coming from one of our worst posters.

It takes an unabashed level of ignorance to double- and triple- down on hypothetical arguments the way you do. 

I wish I could give you credit as a troll, but it's quite clear you don't understand the difference between facts and hypothetical rebuttals.

So, there's that.

Now, reply again... everyone loves it when you keep walking into jabs.

I don't normally do this, but I was bummed that Nick got cut and it has nothing to do with on the field. I did always like him, I think he is a really good kicker. But last year we we were trying to help Kamdon out, Nick and his wife stepped up big time. They did a lot for Kamdon when he was battling cancer and needed it the most.

Really good dude. Really amazing wife. Awesome family, that sums up the Folk's.

I know that is the personal side, and business is business. So although I was rooting for him, if the Jets can save money and they think they can get more production than I support their decision to move on.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

It takes an unabashed level of ignorance to double- and triple- down on hypothetical arguments the way you do. 

I wish I could give you credit as a troll, but it's quite clear you don't understand the difference between facts and hypothetical rebuttals.

So, there's that.

Now, reply again... everyone loves it when you keep walking into jabs.

you have no idea how much you bore me.  from looking at your stupid avatar and signature to reading your stupid posts.  I lose IQ points every time I just see your username.

Archived