Jump to content
Maxman

### Jets \ Titans -- Preseason Is Here, Game Thread ###

Recommended Posts

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
48 minutes ago, thadude said:

Hack had a mediocre game facing a soft defense and capped it off with a fumble.  Congrats!

And yet he still looked better than Glennon. Y'know, the QB you were sucking off and crying with excuses for the other night/all off-season.  Fresh off of the 15 million dollar man posting a 0.0 QB rating.

Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Sportsnight and NFL Total Access for highlights. All they showed were his sacks implying they were his fault, a deflected pass, a 3rd down completion well short of the 1st,  the botched snap and a timeout he had to call. If you hadn't watched the game or looked at the boxscore you would have thought he would be cut Monday Morning. I still don't have a ton of faith in him but it would be sweet if he actually turned out to be good and the media had to eat crow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting meaningless stat:

  • A couple of odd stats, courtesy of Randy Lange of the Jets: The Jets' touchdown drive on their first position was the first time they scored a touchdown on their first drive of the preseason since 2003. And their eight sacks was their most in a preseason game since 2009.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Coming out of the 1st preseason game my only red flags right now

1. OLine run blocking

2. Lachlan consistency

 

Before the game I would have though to have a much larger list.

Good week 1 for a young team installing a new offense with a lot of new players.  Looking forward to more TC reports and next weeks game!

I wouldn't worry too much about #2 . Was at the game and noticed several different styles when he punted , I think they were trying a variety of things on his kicks and I believe it made him look inconsistent. There was one when he sprinted out to the right and kicked across to the left and a few others where it looked like they were trying to pop the kicks up high based on coverage . He did have that one bad shank though which certainly wasn't intentional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

No offense, but you could find the bright side of being trapped in a burning house.

"So, guys, we're trapped inside with no way out from our fiery death, but look on the bright side... I found a Snickers!"

I take no offense... :) 

I do believe that there is something positive hidden in challenges and I truly hope that the Jets and their coaching staff feel the same way.

Now give me my dam Snickers!!!!! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I take no offense... :) 

I do believe that there is something positive hidden in challenges and I truly hope that the Jets and their coaching staff feel the same way.

Now give me my dam Snickers!!!!! :) 

Deep fried snickers to boot !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about #2 . Was at the game and noticed several different styles when he punted , I think they were trying a variety of things on his kicks and I believe it made him look inconsistent. There was one when he sprinted out to the right and kicked across to the left and a few others where it looked like they were trying to pop the kicks up high based on coverage . He did have that one bad shank though which certainly wasn't intentional. 

Thank you for the observation.  Hoping to see more of those 50+ punt he put up in the 2nd half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wait

The Jets actually looked like a pro football team, and it's a bitch fest for some of you?

Lol

 

This is what I am saying!!!!

Folks act like we were the 1960's Packers last year or something!!  

The facts are we weren't even watchable last year; we were awful from top to bottom, in practically every phase of the game. 

Now when the Jets play competent complimentary football, when everyone and their mother is saying that Jets are the worst team in the NFL, all of a sudden we aren't dominant enough!

You can't make this stuff up! You can't!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I have come to the conclusion that it is more important here for some here to be proven right about Hack being terrible, then for them to actually see Hack become a franchise QB

They are incapable of even being cautiously optimistic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some geniuses on here were expecting/hoping/thinking that Hack would morph into YA Tittle after looking terrible last year. I have been watching football for over 48 years and it just doesn't happen. We shall see how Hack develops. There are 3 more pre season games. Heaven forbid we wait before we declare him bust material. Besides what is the alternative? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Not sure how many here were at the game, but one thing I noticed that stood out to me. During tv breaks/timeouts the Dlinemen were running up and down the sidelines in groups . Also on the sideline it really seemed like the team had a lot more interaction than in the past , guys would be pumped to greet players coming off the field for big plays and it seemed like they were more excited for one another. I really think this years team is much closer knit than previous versions . Perhaps the veteran purge was more than just $$ motivated but also was a bit of an emotional cleansing.

I have been saying it all along. Mangold, Decker, Fitz and Marshall were chemistry moves, not $$$ moves or "let's tank" moves. We are finally actually building a team. Its exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big difference in team speed.  Last season we were obviously slower than every team we played.  Tonight, defense and special teams were flying around the field.  I am not sure if I have ever seen any of our players doing spints on the sideline.  Youth and hungry players is where it's at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'd love to Visit there someday, according to Ancestry.com DNA, my father's family was from Southern Poland/Northern Moravia

I have gone as far east as Krakow on a previous trip here, Sarge4Tide.  You will not be disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about #2 . Was at the game and noticed several different styles when he punted , I think they were trying a variety of things on his kicks and I believe it made him look inconsistent. There was one when he sprinted out to the right and kicked across to the left and a few others where it looked like they were trying to pop the kicks up high based on coverage . He did have that one bad shank though which certainly wasn't intentional. 

Good observation. Thnx. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
got home from the wedding and turned on Sharknado 5. I legit feel like I learned more about shark biology from five minutes of this film than I learned about 2017 Jets football by reading this homer-infested circle jerk thread.


... serious question ... by any chance do you also go be Thadude ?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I have come to the conclusion that it is more important here for some here to be proven right about Hack being terrible, then for them to actually see Hack become a franchise QB

I'm rooting for him. But he does not look ready to be a starter in 3 weeks. And he might have to play a lot sooner than later. I think all three Qbs will play this year. It doesn't help the team at all to start a Qb who cannot execute a fuller game plan. If D players give 100% and then they're on the field all day and the team doesn't score hey these guys are trying to win games.  And that's what you want from all of your players.They don't look at the regular season as a try out for a young Qb they want someone who can play now. That guy is McCown but I can't see him lasting 16 games. If he does we have a chance to win now. I'm not interested in 2018 and getting the first overall pick and either are the Jets players. If they think the org is trying to do that they are going to lose some of them. It's about 52 not 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm rooting for him. But he does not look ready to be a starter in 3 weeks. And he might have to play a lot sooner than later. I think all three Qbs will play this year. It doesn't help the team at all to start a Qb who cannot execute a fuller game plan. If D players give 100% and then they're on the field all day and the team doesn't score hey these guys are trying to win games.  And that's what you want from all of your players.They don't look at the regular season as a try out for a young Qb they want someone who can play now. That guy is McCown but I can't see him lasting 16 games. If he does we have a chance to win now. I'm not interested in 2018 and getting the first overall pick and either are the Jets players. If they think the org is trying to do that they are going to lose some of them. It's about 52 not 1.

Well you are wrong. This season IS about 2018 and 2019 and 2020. It is what it is. No upside, no advantage nothing positive in starting McCown at all, and I thought Hack DID look ready, and expect him to continue to improve. You were one of Fitz staunchest supporters and I suspect that you still would want him as QB. And you have stated all you care about is going all in for 2017. So your opinion is expected, but does not align at all with what the Jets are actually doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well you are wrong. This season IS about 2018 and 2019 and 2020. It is what it is. No upside, no advantage nothing positive in starting McCown at all, and I thought Hack DID look ready, and expect him to continue to improve. You were one of Fitz staunchest supporters and I suspect that you still would want him as QB. And you have stated all you care about is going all in for 2017. So your opinion is expected, but does not align at all with what the Jets are actually doing

I don't agree with you about 2017. I think we can be competitive. After a bad year in 2014 we rebounded and won ten games in 2015. Things during a season can click and teams can win games and we have talent esp on defense. So I'm not writing out 2017 and tossing it away. I have seen too many teams with low expectations like the 2015 Panthers have good years. And then a year later have bad years, As for Fitz he deserved to get cut. But he was a good Qb for us in 2015. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one of the best moments last night for me was coach greene talking to jenkins on the sidelines after his one handed beast mode sack.  the look in his eyes was so awesome !!!

It was a great bull rush to the outside shoulder and he just reached out and took the QB down with one hand.

just like coach greene has been coaching them to do

ring the bell baby !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't agree with you about 2017. I think we can be competitive. After a bad year in 2014 we rebounded and won ten games in 2015. Things during a season can click and teams can win games and we have talent esp on defense. So I'm not writing out 2017 and tossing it away. I have seen too many teams with low expectations like the 2015 Panthers have good years. And then a year later have bad years, As for Fitz he deserved to get cut. But he was a good Qb for us in 2015. 

I do too, but with Hack not repeating the mistake of yet another crappy retread no future washed up JAG QB. And Fitzloser SUCKED in 2015 too, we just had an outrageously easy schedule and Fitz was uber lucky throwing jump balls every other throw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I do too, but with Hack not repeating the mistake of yet another crappy retread no future washed up JAG QB. And Fitzloser SUCKED in 2015 too, we just had an outrageously easy schedule and Fitz was uber lucky throwing jump balls every other throw.

Bravo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mogglez said:

And yet he still looked better than Glennon. Y'know, the QB you were sucking off and crying with excuses for the other night/all off-season.  Fresh off of the 15 million dollar man posting a 0.0 QB rating.

Weird.

Ouch!

 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×