I just don't get it

Ex-Rex

20 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think the overreaction to Hack's struggles is of epic dis-proportion. Using the exact same offense as we trotted out last Sunday, Hack looked very decent. When they tried to open it up, the OL failed spectacularly and he struggled pretty badly. That does not mean he is a bust or no longer has upside. It is a testament to how incredibly poorly this team is built. Put Hack behind a decent oline and he would look like a different player. That said, I think Petty is the guy but Bowles literally seems to hate him.

The truth is when Hack was drafted it was projected that he would be a three to four year project.  That is, no draft person or chart indicated that Hack would be ready Year One or Year Two to start in NFL games.  And I wanted Hack drafted by the Jets  

Because the Jets franchise is desperate for a QB doesn't mean that Hack's maturation process will that much faster.  

Petty should get the play now and the Jets should forego putting Hack in games before he is really ready.  

39 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The truth is when Hack was drafted it was projected that he would be a three to four year project.  That is, no draft person or chart indicated that Hack would be ready Year One or Year Two to start in NFL games.  And I wanted Hack drafted by the Jets  

Because the Jets franchise is desperate for a QB doesn't mean that Hack's maturation process will that much faster.  

Petty should get the play now and the Jets should forego putting Hack in games before he is really ready.  

Just to add hack is 23 in February with two full seasons under his belt. There will be rookies in the 2018 draft who are 23. Hack also did not redshirt in college so his redshirt last year to me was not a big deal at all. If hack is going to develop he has plenty of time

23 hours ago, Tinstar said:

So when they traded up for Mark Sanchez , this line of thinking would leave one to believe that the front office and coaches knew he would fail and decided to spend extra money on him instead of waiting and trying for Josh Freeman . Throwing a boatload of Money at Neil O'Donnell  was for the same exact reason . 

Does it serve some particular purpose that educated folk act like they never saw a classroom  ?

it's not so much that the Jets are cheap, it's that they make bad decisions.  I mean, you pointing to Sanchez and Neil Odonnel as signs of when the Jets actually tried? That's a really low bar. 

good teams try every year not just once every generation

Actually, I think Sanchez was a great effort that just didn't work out.  We had all of the components in place for a championship run and just needed a QB.  We moved up aggressively but at a very cheap cost (3 JAGs and a lower pick or two) and took the best QB available.  As it was we were 30 minutes of bad football away from the SB two years in a row.  Had Sanchez been just a little better at football we probably would have gotten in once, if not twice on that run.  I give Mangini a lot of credit for that trade.

Second point:  You can't draft a QB every year.  We took one two years in a row and look at the conflict it has potentially created.  Add a third to the mix?  Sure, if it's a top-5 pick but then you have to be ready to let Hack or Petty walk.  If you're going to take a QB almost every year, then you really can't sit them on the bench for two years or you'll end up with 3 guys with no collective playing time between them, which would be incredibly stupid.  So I guess that's what the Jets are planning to do.

On 9/15/2017 at 0:13 PM, RoadFan said:

If the Jets f*ck up this opportunity by winning a couple of extra games or drafting the wrong guy in April...then they will never reach a SB in my lifetime.  Therefore, I will disown this franchise as they are no longer worth investing/wasting so many hours of my life with more productive things to do.

If they draft another defensive player, then someone should consider burning down Florham Park.

Put sour milk in Mac's coffee. Better option.

Archived