Who will be our starter at QB this year?

Untouchable

Who will be our starting QB?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will be our starting QB?

• Chad Pennington
    • Kellen Clemens
    • Patrick Ramsey
    • Brooks Bollinger

I gotta go with CP. As long as he's healthy, he's our guy.

I know that Clemens is the future, but I don't see the good in starting him in his rookie season. Ramsey has been a complete bust and I liked what I saw from Brooks last year considering that he had no O-line and a crappy running game, but I think he'll get the raw end of the deal and be axed after training camp.

I trust what Mangini says about every position being open. But I don't think Clemens, Ramsey, or Brooksie could beat out a healthy Chad Pennington.

Chad is the guy going in unless he's throwing lollipops-hopefully we now have a CS that can actually assess whether or not he can throw the ball this year or not-unlike Herman Edwards.To this day I STILL don't get how they didn't know during TC last year-I mean they were THERE-everyday

If not Chad I can see a scenario where they realize it's gonna be another one of THOSE seasons and say WTF let's see what we have in Clemens now-that will at least make it fun to watch unlike last year's debacle-which was NOT fun

Chad is the guy going in unless he's throwing lollipops-hopefully we now have a CS that can actually assess whether or not he can throw the ball this year or not-unlike Herman Edwards.To this day I STILL don't get how they didn't know during TC last year-I mean they were THERE-everyday

If not Chad I can see a scenario where they realize it's gonna be another one of THOSE seasons and say WTF let's see what we have in Clemens now-that will at least make it fun to watch unlike last year's debacle-which was NOT fun

Agreed.

If Chad is throwing floating ducks then he shouldn't even see the field this season, but from what I heard out of mini camp last month, it sounds like he has some velocity back.

It's going to be Pennington as long as he doesn't get hurt in Camp or Preseason. Why? Because he's the guy whose done it before here, making the most money and like it or not if he comes back and does well it's a feel good story and everybody will love Chad again and the stadium will once again have thousands and thousands of #10 jerseys back in the seats. Chad Pennington is still loved by many and everyone wants him to come back and play well again like he did in 2002, the end of 03 and 2004. Kellen Clemens is the guy they want for the future because well, either way you look at it, Pennington's health or age, it's not so great. He's injuried often and he's already now 30 years old. Clemens brings a great future prospect. Clemens will either be starting in 2007 or 2008, one of those seasons Pennington will screw up once more and it will be goodbye for him.

I think we all, (every JETS fan anyway) love Chad-that's never been in question.Where it hurts Pennington I would think is that we love the team more and if he can't get it done on the feild we're all gonna say thank you for what you've done and been to us Chad, but it's time to say goodbye.We all will sign onto that thread-like we almost always do for OUR guys-team guys-not so much the me-first guys though I've noticed

as much as i thought impossible , it looks like it actually may be chad,,

he might give way to ramsey when ramsey more comforrtable in system,,

if chad cant throw the long ball 'effectively' then ramsey will be in there pretty soon

I just don't see CP taking snaps early this year, if at all. Too many unknowns. You can't doubt his heart and I'm rooting for him, but I feel he's toast.

There's no way they throw Clemens behind a questionable line featuring two rooks. That adds up to three rookies in the three most important positions of the offense.

So, I voted for Ramsey. If anything, he's proven himself to be a durable punching bag.

I just don't see CP taking snaps early this year, if at all. Too many unknowns. You can't doubt his heart and I'm rooting for him, but I feel he's toast.

There's no way they throw Clemens behind a questionable line featuring two rooks. That adds up to three rookies in the three most important positions of the offense.

So, I voted for Ramsey. If anything, he's proven himself to be a durable punching bag.

u know, everything u say is what i think,, but i am startin to get a gut feel he may actually be in there

u know, everything u say is what i think,, but i am startin to get a gut feel he may actually be in there

Who? Clemens? I have gut feeling he'll be in there, too. Even though Brady started because Bledsoe got injured, Brady excelled as a young player.

Because of the Pats experience with a young Brady, Mangini, IMO, will not hesitate to start Clemens if he shows the arm, leadership, and poise that everyone says he has.

Who? Clemens? I have gut feeling he'll be in there, too. Even though Brady started because Bledsoe got injured, Brady excelled as a young player.

Because of the Pats experience with a young Brady, Mangini, IMO, will not hesitate to start Clemens if he shows the arm, leadership, and poise that everyone says he has.

I hope you're wrong. I like Clemens, but excepting mop-up duty, he needs to sit for a year or so before getting his shot. (It worked for CP pre-injury bug)

if chad cannot make all the throws, and that includes deep outs then he will not be the starter this year. mangini has no favorites and chad's contract situation makes him expendable.

if chad can throw my guess is he starts. if he can't throw by week 1 my guess is that he goes to IR and Bollywood gets the start. i think bollywood offers a better chance to win than ramsey. of course my opinion can change during the preseason.

Doesn't matter. Brady had almost two full seasons of riding the bench before he started.

It's always the better choice to groom your young QB.

Does anyone think that Clemens is going to come in and light up the NFL and possibly take us to the playoffs in his rookie season? I sure as hell don't. So what's the use in throwing him to the wolves from day 1?

We have a suspect running game, a new O-line, no threat at receiver outside of Laveranues Coles, and a new defensive scheme.

Now I ask you, does that sound like the ideal situation for a promising rookie QB? To me, it doesn't even sound like a decent situation.

Archived