Have your expectations for this season changed after one game?

Johnnybones

Good D and a smart but limited QB gets you 8 or 9 wins in this league. The NFL isn't loaded with good teams, it's loaded with mediocre at best teams and their are only 4 or 5 QB's who are really dangerous. I thought after the Giant game we might have a good enough D to win 9 games coupled with a smart but limted QB. If Pennington is less limited than I thought we could steel a game against one of the better teams. The schedule maker did us a favor this year, we can rebuild and possible make the playoffs in the same year.

Get to two and three by the Miami game with a win against TN and Buffalo. We get lucky and steal one of the other 3 games it's gravy. If Pennington is really back and not a one game wonder we steal one or two games against the better teams we play and have a shot at the playoffs.

How good Miami and Buffalo really will determine more than how we do against NE, IND and Jax. If we actually beat NE than we can start getting really pumped. I don't see it but the Pats are hurting in the passing game right now. If they don't push us around at the line of scrimage like the usually do than I will start believing we are a contender for more than the playoffs.

There were two pleasant surprises with the first game...

1) Chad's arm actually looked great. I honestly didn't think that he would be able to come back to this level.

2) Everyone else sort of played the way I expected.

This doesn't mean that I expect any more out of the team, but it was nice to see.

If our passing game can stay close to that pace and if we find some sort of running game, then we could go 11-5. But I would be very suprised if we didn't win more than we did last year. We've gone from a 3-13 minimum to a 6-10 minimum, imo.

Archived