update on available receivers?

Jetkid94

Brandon Gibson, Washington State (6'0, 206)

Kevin Olgetree, Virginia (6'1, 196, 4.45)

Jarett Dillard, Rice (5'11, 187, 4.53)

Johnny Knox, Abilene Christian (6'0, 185, 4.34)

Aaron Kelly, Clemson (6'5, 204, 4.49)

Brooks Foster, North Carolina (6'1, 212)

Quan Cosby, Texas (5'9, 198, 4.48)

Tiquan Underwood, Rutgers (6'1, 178, 4.41)

Dominique Edison, Stephen F. Austin (6'2, 196, 4.45)

Andrew Means, Indiana (6'1, 213, 4.36)

Marko Mitchell, Nevada (6'4, 213, 4.46)

Michael Jones, Arizona State (6'4, 211, 4.54)

Greg Carr, Florida State (6'5, 217, 4.58)

Only one left I have mild interest in is Greg Carr. I'm disappointed Ramses Barden already got picked so early.

edit: I'd also add Quan Cosby to that list. He's old as **** for a rookie but he's a good route runner with good hands.

Greg Carr (WR)

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 216

College: Florida State

Analysis

Positives: Tall and very long arms. Tempting red-zone target on fades or jump balls. Able to concentrate most times in the end zone, even making difficult catches in traffic. Quicker feet than expected, as he can get into and out of out routes fairly quickly given his height. Also shows a bit of shiftiness after the catch. Might not be just a deep ball threat. Can adjust to poorly thrown balls, even low ones.

Negatives: Questionable straight-line speed. Gangly build, lacking any upper body strength. Runs with the ball loose. Already not very quick off the line, he may struggle getting off jams from tough NFL corners. Very inconsistent hands, as he doesn't win as many ball battles as he should given his height. Easy to wrap up or trip up in space. Not much of a threat over the middle. Has the length to block smaller receivers, but is not overly willing and lacks the strength to sustain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron Kelly (WR)

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 204

College: Clemson

Analysis

Positives: Rare height. Uses his size to shield defenders from the ball effectively, especially on quick slants. Good leaping ability and can time his leaps well to defeat defenders in good position to make a play on the ball. Flashes good agility and elusiveness for a player of his height. Can make defenders miss in the open field and generate positive yardage after the catch. Generally reliable hands. Can stretch to make the dramatic catch outside of his frame. Experienced as a punt and kick returner.

Negatives: Long-strider with build-up speed and agility. Not quick enough to make defenders miss in small areas. Not as physically dominant as his size would indicate. Too often allows ball to get into his chest, resulting in some drops. Can get alligator arms when he thinks he's going to take a hit. May have been the fortunate recipient of defenses focusing their attention on stopping Clemson's ground game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marko Mitchell (WR)

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 218

College: Nevada

Analysis

Positives: Rare height and arm length for the position. Good straight-line speed to challenge deep. Can track the ball over either shoulder and shows good body control and field awareness to keep his feet in bounds. Soft hands to pluck the ball out of the air and can make the reception outside of his frame. Alert receiver who will work his way back when the quarterback is under pressure. Good leaping ability. Shows a bit of vision and elusiveness as a runner after the catch and has the long strides to pull away from smaller defenders. Uses his size and length to effectively run block against small corners.

Negatives: Much of his production is due to this offense. Good, not great, straight-line speed. Will be caught from behind by NFL corners. Long-strider who has to build up to it. Lacks the short burst quickness to consistently gain separation against elite cover corners. Sinewy frame that may not withstand NFL punishment. Ball security may be an issue considering his lack of upper body strength. Isn't the dominant red-zone target his size indicates, due to marginal toughness and physicality in going up for the ball in traffic. Allows too many passes to get into his pads, resulting in some drops.

Greg Carr (WR)

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 216

College: Florida State

Analysis

Positives: Tall and very long arms. Tempting red-zone target on fades or jump balls. Able to concentrate most times in the end zone, even making difficult catches in traffic. Quicker feet than expected, as he can get into and out of out routes fairly quickly given his height. Also shows a bit of shiftiness after the catch. Might not be just a deep ball threat. Can adjust to poorly thrown balls, even low ones.

Negatives: Questionable straight-line speed. Gangly build, lacking any upper body strength. Runs with the ball loose. Already not very quick off the line, he may struggle getting off jams from tough NFL corners. Very inconsistent hands, as he doesn't win as many ball battles as he should given his height. Easy to wrap up or trip up in space. Not much of a threat over the middle. Has the length to block smaller receivers, but is not overly willing and lacks the strength to sustain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron Kelly (WR)

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 204

College: Clemson

Analysis

Positives: Rare height. Uses his size to shield defenders from the ball effectively, especially on quick slants. Good leaping ability and can time his leaps well to defeat defenders in good position to make a play on the ball. Flashes good agility and elusiveness for a player of his height. Can make defenders miss in the open field and generate positive yardage after the catch. Generally reliable hands. Can stretch to make the dramatic catch outside of his frame. Experienced as a punt and kick returner.

Negatives: Long-strider with build-up speed and agility. Not quick enough to make defenders miss in small areas. Not as physically dominant as his size would indicate. Too often allows ball to get into his chest, resulting in some drops. Can get alligator arms when he thinks he's going to take a hit. May have been the fortunate recipient of defenses focusing their attention on stopping Clemson's ground game.

Sounds about right. With 6th rounders you are going to get developmental projects, guys with major flaws, small school nobodies, or injury red flags. I'd rather take guys with size or small guys with top end speed and hope something pans out.

Guys lets not forget as of now Kareem Brown, a guy who has been a Defensive Lineman his entire career, is currently our 2nd TE, our only blocking Tight End. I think it would be smart at this point to take a TE and give Clowney and Stuckey a shot.

Guys lets not forget as of now Kareem Brown, a guy who has been a Defensive Lineman his entire career, is currently our 2nd TE, our only blocking Tight End. I think it would be smart at this point to take a TE and give Clowney and Stuckey a shot.

I bet they re-sign franks

That doesn't bother me so much, I'd just raid the udfa list for tes that can block. A complete tight end is hard to find. One that can catch is hard to find. One that can block not so much.

Agreed. And the way the draft is turning out, WRs have been picked through, but there has only been 7 TEs taken. Odds are, when the Jets pick (about 50 away), there will still be a TE or 2 that are top ten at the position. If Imgram is still available, we should grab him, but I would be happy with Bear Pascoe.

Brandon Gibson, Washington State (6'0, 206)

Kevin Olgetree, Virginia (6'1, 196, 4.45)

Jarett Dillard, Rice (5'11, 187, 4.53)

Johnny Knox, Abilene Christian (6'0, 185, 4.34)

Aaron Kelly, Clemson (6'5, 204, 4.49)

Brooks Foster, North Carolina (6'1, 212)

Quan Cosby, Texas (5'9, 198, 4.48)

Tiquan Underwood, Rutgers (6'1, 178, 4.41)

Dominique Edison, Stephen F. Austin (6'2, 196, 4.45)

Andrew Means, Indiana (6'1, 213, 4.36)

Marko Mitchell, Nevada (6'4, 213, 4.46)

Michael Jones, Arizona State (6'4, 211, 4.54)

Greg Carr, Florida State (6'5, 217, 4.58)

I really want one of these 2 guys to get picked here...

Archived