WAMP WAMP.....Bengals cut receiver Coles

JETSorDIE

Updated: March 4, 2010, 3:47 PM ET

By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Archive

The Laveranues Coles experiment lasted only one year for the Cincinnati Bengals. The team announced Thursday that his contract was terminated.

Coles signed a four-year, $27.5 million contract last season after the Bengals lost wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh to the Seahawks in free agency.

He caught only 43 passes for 514 yards last year and he didn't separate from cornerbacks as well as Carson Palmer and others in the organization wanted.

The 32-year-old Coles was scheduled to make $4.75 million this season.

John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4966074

TX3UqY8KZpU

Updated: March 4, 2010, 3:47 PM ET

By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Archive

The Laveranues Coles experiment lasted only one year for the Cincinnati Bengals. The team announced Thursday that his contract was terminated.

Coles signed a four-year, $27.5 million contract last season after the Bengals lost wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh to the Seahawks in free agency.

He caught only 43 passes for 514 yards last year and he didn't separate from cornerbacks as well as Carson Palmer and others in the organization wanted.

The 32-year-old Coles was scheduled to make $4.75 million this season.

John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4966074

TX3UqY8KZpU

Someone go to FinHeaven...they are probably drooling all OVER this...INSTANTLY, He would sadly become their Number 1 wideout...Another former Parcells washed up stoolie...My guess, Parcells already has made the call...

I like Coles and never begrudged him for squeezing every dime he could out of the NFL. It's a business for the players, too. Anquan Boldin should've befriended him and taken notes.

But his time is past.

I like Coles and never begrudged him for squeezing every dime he could out of the NFL. It's a business for the players, too. Anquan Boldin should've befriended him and taken notes.

But his time is past.

I agree. Players should get every penny they can because teams will cut them as soon as it's to the team's advantage.

My only problem is with the chronic disease of players overvaluing their worth.

Ultimately, I'm thankful for Coles for opting to forego his guaranteed $6 million to become a FA. That helped the Jets land Bart Scott. But Baker thought he was worth more than he was worth and got some extra coin upfront from the Pats, but was out of work a year later.

LC was always a hard hard worker.. you never saw him pulling a sideline santana move.. he worked for every yard he got..

he was not catching hard passes from favre.. he was going up and catching chad balls.. a different thing..

i hope he finds a place somewhere... i wouldnt mind him back here as a vet/mentor.. just sayin :)

Archived