All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. If they didn't literally hit the lottery with Purdy, Trey Lance was likely going to get a lot more chances, just like Zach. If Purdy would have shown up on the Jets with some late round pick and shown the same capability, would the Jets have stuck with Zach anyways? They were clearly playing QB's that weren't Zach, if Purdy was in the game showing well, we likely never would have seen Zach again. It's easy to cut bait when you have another guy on your roster showing FQB abilities.
  3. I agree with all of this. He's an old player. Whether he is the exception to the rule or an example of the rule is yet to be seen. On the other side, he's pretty tough and resilient. He played QB with a broken thumb and he recovered from the achilles pretty much faster than anyone before him. Go figure. The age issue is much more about speed of decision making, ability to move, arm strength, and the like. Durability is not the only factor. Those are the things I'd like to see demonstrated.
  4. Did I do that for years? Made a couple posts after the draft and I was pretty much done. It’s a little different when it’s the same material, early and often, day after day, for years, which is where we’re now at with @FidelioJet. No new information, just a regurgitation of the same old ****. That’s when it becomes spamming/trolling. And make no mistake, that’s what that is. With Bowers, at least I was having a discussion with people and did the “agree to disagree” thing whenever offered.
  5. Could you imagine the anxiety level if the Rangers, Yankees and Knicks won a championship this year and it was Giants vs Jets in the Superbowl?? I would HATE to be the loser of that game. Would never ever happen - but COULD YOU IMAGINE
  6. It was a different vibe, though. Fitz was never taking us anywhere, which made it fun. White was a light in the darkness for a couple of games.
  7. My wife constantly reminds me of that fact every time there is an injury. Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  8. Eh. Burrow is a 6’4 220 lb supercomputer who was prolific at LSU. Travis is the opposite of those things. And why should Joe Douglas be using picks on a kid who’ll be the backup QB in three years? Seems truly optimistic regarding his employment prospects, even if you allow for drafting a backup QB as a noble idea.
  9. Between pick #111, where they started, and #134 where they took Allen, exactly one guard came off the board. I’m sure we’ll all be watching the upcoming career of Pittsburgh’s new guard, Mason McCormick, closely. If that pick is what leads them to cut Herbig, and the Jets pick him up, I’ll be very pleased with the results. I’d rather have a veteran backing up the interior this year over a day three rookie.
  10. Lol, if you applied THAT expectation to this forum as a whole more broadly, you'd have about 3 new posts a day, max. Remind me, how many pushback posts did you make pre-draft re: Bowers? I'm pretty sure we all knew your (very solid IMO) opinion on that topic after the first 1 or 2. But you kept repeating it, over and over and over, all over the forum. Rightfully so, it was an absolutely spot on opinion IMO, and pushback kept being needed since other posters kept verbally tongue-bathing Bowers. But in principle, you yourself did exactly what you decry in the comment above. Lets be honest, we all do that, every day. Repeat in various way, things many of us have already said before, and will likely say again, for years to come, lol.
  11. I'm putting the streak on the line in literally the riskiest way on today's board. Miami ML +205 over Dodgers. Early Win promo. others: Astros/Yankees o9.5 -102 Guardians ML vs Tigers -125 Royals ML vs Brewers -120 Taco bites: Cubs F5 +114
  12. If we're just hoping, why not hope that Gipson wins the #4 WR job and gets that 500 yard season instead? At least Gipson, JAG tho he may be, tried hard last year and seemed to care. I'm not spending my surplus of hope on a lazy, overpaid, quits-on-his-team bum who gave up the millisecond Rodgers went down.
  13. In my view, after all the short-term based decision making and spending and expediency, if this team does not make the playoffs, and does not win several playoff games, then the current regime should not be renewed and the team broken up/rebuilt, ending this "all in now on Rodgers!" silliness. I'm sorry, but going 9-8, and backing into the Wildcard round in week 17, and getting blown out in the Wildcard round? Not after as many years as JD has had already. Not good enough to save Saleh, JD or Rodgers IMO. But of course, I also don't see JD as nearly as good a GM as his fans here at JN do.
  14. IF - by Rudyard Kipling is making the playoff the new bar? i thought we went all in for a reason hell, we could make the playoffs with brissett at qb rodgers is here to win PO games. one and done is a fail.
  15. Yes, now that teams can keep a QB on the PS to use as an emergency QB, I agree, at least in Travis' case.
  16. Knicks are finally good. I gave up watching them like 15 years ago. I had enough. Gave up on the Mets not too long after. I feel bad for NY kids who are currently in middle school and high school. They are going to get sucked into misery for the next 20 years.
  17. Did you enjoy being on the receiving end of that bull****? I’m guessing no. What’s your endgame here? You root for Aaron Rodgers to either get hurt again or suck and say “I told you so!” to an already depressed and demoralized group of your so-called fellow Jet fans? Oh boy, that does sound like fun. Personally, I think you’re just setting yourself up for more endless ridicule, but I can’t help you if you don’t want to help yourself. In Rodgers’ alleged downturn season, the one where he played without Davante Adams but with a broken thumb, and had none other than the great Allen Lazard as his #1 target, he put together a better season at QB than the Jets have seen since at least Fitzpatrick in 2015 (although Rodgers had the better passer rating). You’d have to go all the way back to Pennington in 2002 before you found a Jets’ starter with a better passer rating. He’s older now, no doubt. While we all appreciate the reminders, we all know he’s 40 and we know the number that comes after that. However, I’m thinking with a healthy thumb, Garrett Wilson, Mike Williams, and Breece, that he’s likely to have a better year than his last full season. You can continue to root for injury, but before last year he hadn’t missed a single start in five seasons.
  18. Yeah entering last year it was: Now you see why he fell so far. Well, at least he Douglas on 3 of the 4 high picks.
  19. Yep, I got rid of YouTube tv after the season.
  20. Home opener week 1. Texans prime time Sunday night or Monday night.
  21. Anything is possible. Maybe he can place a different position.
  22. I actually think it's pretty funny .. and see Kraft like "... Ohhh shiii" Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity