2. David Harris

3 Words To Describe The Jets' Defense Next Year

More of the...
  3. SR24

DL's STILL AVAILABLE

*Packs bong
  4. JoJoTownsell1

Takeaways from this draft so far

I don't know why some people don't see Quinnen's upside. He has been compared, by some, to Reggie White. How much more upside do some here want?
  5. we can take care of that with our 2 3rd round picks
  6. jetstream23

They are killing the Giants

I do not hate the Giants. That makes me different than some of the folks around here. But they have really had an atrocious couple of years under Gettleman. I will try to be objective, but I believe both as a fan and objectively that Sam Darnold is going to be an excellent quarterback in this league. I don’t know if he will be a top three or five guy, but I expect him to be a top 10 quarterback in the NFL. Imagine now that you are the New York Giants and you have an aging Eli Manning, and you have now passed on Sam Darnold and Josh Allen in consecutive drafts. You have taken a great running back and backup QB. The New York Giants could have Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Odell Beckham Jr. They have Saquon Barkley, Daniel Jones, Christian Wilkins. Their best player drafted is at a non-premier position. I LOVE Barkley. But he is not a quarterback, a pass rusher, a CB, or a LT. His fifth year option will approach sooner than the Giants expect and I believe that they will have wasted his first 2 to 3 years on the team. He will become a fortune to keep and they will have to overpay for their failings at other positions. This is why they traded up for a CB tonight. As they say, “this is not your daddy’s New York Giants.” Not sure what has happened to this team.
  7. slimjasi

Agree entirely with points 1, 4, and some of the rest, but point #2 is wrong, and to put it succinctly, entirely misses the point. The only way the QW pick ends up being a big success is if his presence helps Leo become the player we want him to be. The idea is you put them side by side and you expect one of them to occasionally get doubled and the other one to do his thing. If they can help each other succeed and feed off of one another, it can work.
  8. choon328

DL's STILL AVAILABLE

The Jets have drafted 3 defensive tackles in the last 6 rounds and spent $25 million on a 3-4 DE in FA and are paying another DT $14 million, plus McClendon. The Jets are going to have the biggest and slowest defensive line in the history of the NFL.
  9. Qbs/coordinators dream match-up. But best said by someone already as always coming around in full circle SAME OLD JETS Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  10. T0mShane

The other thing you notice tonight is that nooooobody is talking about the Jets tonight, even after securing the *cough* best player in the draft. This is a dead product unless Sam Darnold turns into Pat Mahomes this year
  11. Bruce Harper

Reasons Williams is a good pick

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/3/8/18252958/nfl-draft-2019-quinnen-williams-new-york-jets-scouting-report-defensive-tackle-alabama
  12. So which of the DTs do you think pick the short straw and get made to play the DE spots?
  13. T0mShane

Schefter reported a few times tonight that the Jets were receiving offers and were sitting on offers. Hard to believe that none of those offers weren’t significant enough to consider.
  14. JoJoTownsell1

So much talent left.

So if the Redskins offered Macc a 2nd rounder to trade down from 3 to 15 he should have said yes just because trading down would have made you feel warm and fuzzy?
  15. T0mShane

1. The picture of Jones. Good god. 2. The replies.
  16. JoJoTownsell1

So much talent left.

Nah, i think it's much more plausible that a GM that had said he was willing to trade down, was then offered a ton to trade down but said no to drive the SOJF herd crazy.
  17. Can't see how Leo was a miss. He's a solid player, just not a game changer.
  18. Honestly, ya'll overrate the center position SOOO much. A lot of championship teams have had JAG centers. There were a couple of years where Mangold was the best center in the league and the Jets offense was putrid. Also, Harrison was fine at the end of the year.
  19. They need to trade Leo but they won't. Maccs justification for taking Leo was that he was the best player in the draft. He can't afford to look like he missed on that pick too even though he did.
  20. Nixhead

I agree that Mac screwed up big time. What ever Buffalos offer was Mac could of taken it and still got Ed Oliver at 9. Is this Williams guy that good that he wasn’t worth passing up for a bunch or at least a couple of xtra picks. Is he that much better than Oliver cause that’s what Macs saying by not trading down. Jets needed some xtra pick and Mac took the safe route with a safe player pick. You don’t get anywhere by playing things safe. Fire his ass!
  21. Right, which is why the Jets needed to draft an offensive lineman in the 1st. Darnold will get hurt next year if they don't do something meaningful at Center. Harrison is not good enough to put in front of Darnold. That's too much of a risk.
  22. nico002

Oliver doesn’t have more upside...
  23. OK but now you have both, so they both can't be double teamed. Seems like there is potential there. Also, I like Leo, but I'm hoping this guy is better.
  24. Ecuadorian Jet

So much talent left.

"reliable nfl guys" ....c´mon man
  1. Load more activity

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social