Former Jets DE Gholston says he got a raw deal from Ryan

F.Chowds

Muscle Bound, Vernon Ghostton....all the muscle in the world can't make you a faster, stronger and smarter player. What it takes is heart, determination, courage and the will to compete and succeed. Many players have the muscle, few have the heart. Maybe in Chi-town the media won't notice that he is on the sidelines 95% of the time. Way to go Vern...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I set up some text alerts and still have players like Leon Washington and Gholston on them. It's funny, but I haven't gotten any texts for Gholston yet this preseason for making a tackle or sack. I thought of removing Gholston's but I figured I would never get an alert again....lol

st have to laugh at these threads where Jets fans get all mad about comments players make when they get to other teams after being cut by the Jets.

Nobody's angry about this. We just realize he's full of crap. He does suck. It's funny.

I think the press is blowing Gholston's comments out of proportion. Cannizzaro's piece today is pure trash. He claims Gholston is off base about Rex prejudging him and ignores the phony cmments in the book. Rex himself admits that. Cannizzaro also adds [of a chance] to a quote and insults Gholston about having had a chance. Gholston didn't say chance. He got lenty oof chances but he has a point about stability. Rookie year he was cnverted to OLB by Mangini. 09 Rex takes over, new D. 2010 he is moved back to DE but in camp Pace got hurt and Gholston had to play some more OLB.

I think the press is blowing Gholston's comments out of proportion. Cannizzaro's piece today is pure trash. He claims Gholston is off base about Rex prejudging him and ignores the phony cmments in the book. Rex himself admits that. Cannizzaro also adds [of a chance] to a quote and insults Gholston about having had a chance. Gholston didn't say chance. He got lenty oof chances but he has a point about stability. Rookie year he was cnverted to OLB by Mangini. 09 Rex takes over, new D. 2010 he is moved back to DE but in camp Pace got hurt and Gholston had to play some more OLB.

They totally where. The guy who wrote the initial piece was Bart Hubbuch who deliberately tries to stir the pot with the Jets...and this obviously worked. He blew the Turner injury up to us losing Revis essentially.

Gholston is terrible....but he didnt say anything that ridiculous imo. He's not a bad guy either. He just isnt any good.

I didn't see anything wrong with Cannizzaro's piece. Ryan started Gholston for the first four games of his head coaching career when Pace was suspended for goodness sakes and he did nothing. Rex gave Gholston plenty of chances. Gholston claiming Rex never gave him a fair chance is way off base.

I didn't see anything wrong with Cannizzaro's piece. Ryan started Gholston for the first four games of his head coaching career when Pace was suspended for goodness sakes and he did nothing. Rex gave Gholston plenty of chances. Gholston claiming Rex never gave him a fair chance is way off base.

Kleck, maybe you didn't follow my reasoning because my cellphone posting leaves something to be desired. The o and w stick.

1. Gholston never said he didn't get a chance. Cannizzaro added "chance" to the quote. He complained about a lack of continuity, but I didn't see that. Maybe he mentioned chance in the rest of his comments, but Cannizzaro didn't quote that.

2. He complained about Gholston saying Rex prejudged him, but Rex admitted that and wrote it in his own ******* book.

I'm not even saying that Gholston has a point, but if some fat douche called me a phony without meeting me and then cut me I would probably defend myself even if I sucked. Rex handled it well today, but IMO the book stuff was not right.

I'm not even saying that Gholston has a point, but if some fat douche called me a phony without meeting me and then cut me I would probably defend myself even if I sucked. Rex handled it well today, but IMO the book stuff was not right.

He called him a phony in his book, which is long after meeting him. He might have thought that about him earlier, but he gave him the chance to prove him wrong, and he didn't so Ryan's suspicion is true.

Archived