Jags to release QB David Garrard

Morrissey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cincy, Buffalo, Carolina, San Fran, Seattle.

Cincy is married to Andrew Dalton for at least two years (plus there were rumors as recently as yesterday that Palmer was thinking of coming in and sticking them with his $11 million guarantee,) Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Garrard and is younger, Carolina's in the same boat with Cam Newton as Cincy is with Dalton, San Fran is a possibility, if Seattle is seriously intent on giving Tavaris Jackson a shot, Garrard ain't their guy.

So one, and even that is a longshot as the rookie they took in the 2nd round round will be given a shot when Alex Smith stinks up the joint.

Cincy is married to Andrew Dalton for at least two years (plus there were rumors as recently as yesterday that Palmer was thinking of coming in and sticking them with his $11 million guarantee,) Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Garrard and is younger, Carolina's in the same boat with Cam Newton as Cincy is with Dalton, San Fran is a possibility, if Seattle is seriously intent on giving Tavaris Jackson a shot, Garrard ain't their guy.

So one, and even that is a longshot as the rookie they took in the 2nd round round will be given a shot when Alex Smith stinks up the joint.

Cincy will be vying for the #1 draft pick if they are that married to Dalton already. He's looked like poo. Who's their backup, Jordan Palmer? You and everyone else in the nfl world knows Carson Palmer won't be playing for Cincy this year. And it's not like they have a stellar running to help ease the load.

Fitz is OK, always has been and always will be. Carolina has two QB's who are not up to NFL speed, they could use someone like Garrad who has some experience. I'm kinda surprised Jackson is the starting QB, and not Whitehurst. Garrad has ties to Seattle.

Miami is too stupid to pick up Garrard. It's obvious Henne has taken the next step, learning to check down to Bush instead of throwing INT's.

Cincy will be vying for the #1 draft pick if they are that married to Dalton already. He's looked like poo. Who's their backup, Jordan Palmer? You and everyone else in the nfl world knows Carson Palmer won't be playing for Cincy this year. And it's not like they have a stellar running to help ease the load.

Fitz is OK, always has been and always will be. Carolina has two QB's who are not up to NFL speed, they could use someone like Garrad who has some experience. I'm kinda surprised Jackson is the starting QB, and not Whitehurst. Garrad has ties to Seattle.

Miami is too stupid to pick up Garrard. It's obvious Henne has taken the next step, learning to check down to Bush instead of throwing INT's.

Even with the QB situations in Cincy and Carolina, you don't pick up a vet this close to the start of the year when you've established your intentions to start a rookie. That can kill a kid's confidence for life. Even the Bengals and Carolina are too smart to do that.

What ties does Garrard have to Seattle? He was born in East Orange and played his college ball at East Carolina.

Even with the QB situations in Cincy and Carolina, you don't pick up a vet this close to the start of the year when you've established your intentions to start a rookie. That can kill a kid's confidence for life. Even the Bengals and Carolina are too smart to do that.

What ties does Garrard have to Seattle? He was born in East Orange and played his college ball at East Carolina.

QBs coach Carl Smith was Garrard's offensive coordinator from 2005-06.

wow, didnt expect that at all

They traded up for Gabbert. This shouldnt be a surprise at all.

I was just about ask what ties he had to Seattle?

This is really a no brainer...save 9 mil and go with someone who is just as capable as Garrard

I guess thats a tie to Seattle.

I'm just quoting what the report I read earlier said. I mean its a pretty obscure tie compared to having connections with Seattle's new HC. He's bound to find a home early. Indy brought Collins outta retirement at the last minute to be their starter for week 1. Although it would have been more entertaining to see Painter out there, oh well.

I guess thats a tie to Seattle.

I can see it now:

Pete Carroll: Hey Carl Smith, David Garrard just got cut from the Jags, you coached him when you were the Jags OC, should we be interested?

Carl Smith: Are you ****ing kidding me? I was the offensive coordinator in a warm, Florida city. Now I'm the QB coach in a place where it rains all the ****ing time and this loser is one of the main reasons why! **** David Garrard!

Any team that is seriously intent on giving Tavaris Jackson a shot would have to at least consider Garrard.

I'm just quoting what the report I read earlier said. I mean its a pretty obscure tie compared to having connections with Seattle's new HC. He's bound to find a home early. Indy brought Collins outta retirement at the last minute to be their starter for week 1. Although it would have been more entertaining to see Painter out there, oh well.

Gotcha, I wasnt saying you were wrong, just curious.

Any team that is seriously intent on giving Tavaris Jackson a shot would have to at least consider Garrard.

I agree with both of you, he'll find a home.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Garrard as a backup here. Has more relevant experience in the past few years over Brunell, plus has some playoff experience as well. I'm curious to see when Del Rio is gonna get the axe down there...his success and track record came as they invested all the time and money into him but really had a lackluster offense.

For the people who have MJD on their fantasy rosters, sell sell sell because teams are going to stack the box terribly and look to stop him

I see Miami to be the only shot Garrard has of starting this season.

Although Seattle and San Fran are plausible situations.

The only way Cincy will start anyone else for Dalton is if Carson Palmer decides to come back (unlikely to happen).

Archived