I guess I just see things differently than most

Boozer76

We just beat a team by 29 points while making alot of mistakes and not playing nearly our best football. The first pick from Sanchez was bad and he should have recognized the over/under coverage, but the second one was a well disguised defense where the CB came off his receiver just before Sanchez threw the ball. I can't kill him for that. As far as this notion that people are saying Sanchez only makes throws to his first read, I just don't know what people are seeing. Sanchez has been making a ton of downfield throws, and alot of them are after the play has been broken and he's making something happen. He's pump faking alot, maybe even a little too much for my liking but he sure as hell isn't locking on to anything. The bottom line is Wayne Hunter has to play alot better. It's almost counted on that pressure is going to come from his side and teams are going to continue to attack that until he can start playing better. Right now he's making mental mistakes with penalties and he's getting beaten like a drum on passing downs. Callahan needs to help him get his game turned around fast.

What I see is a QB running for his life on every passing down because 1/5th of the OL(Turner) has been out, and another 1/5th, Mangold, was out most of today.

Wayner Hunter's only problem is not Demarcus Ware, it's any pass rush. And penalties. Either we got thorugh this rough patch and play better with the injuries, or struggle until the 2/5ths get healthy.

We just beat a team by 29 points while making alot of mistakes and not playing nearly our best football. The first pick from Sanchez was bad and he should have recognized the over/under coverage, but the second one was a well disguised defense where the CB came off his receiver just before Sanchez threw the ball. I can't kill him for that. As far as this notion that people are saying Sanchez only makes throws to his first read, I just don't know what people are seeing. Sanchez has been making a ton of downfield throws, and alot of them are after the play has been broken and he's making something happen. He's pump faking alot, maybe even a little too much for my liking but he sure as hell isn't locking on to anything. The bottom line is Wayne Hunter has to play alot better. It's almost counted on that pressure is going to come from his side and teams are going to continue to attack that until he can start playing better. Right now he's making mental mistakes with penalties and he's getting beaten like a drum on passing downs. Callahan needs to help him get his game turned around fast.

I was thinking something very similar. How many times can you remember a sloppy Jets game where they won by 29 points? The Offense performance today had SoJ written all over it and it was still a blowout.

I would have to watch the game again to really grade Hunter. But my first impression was the same thing, he had a few penalties. More importantly the pressure always seemed to come from his side. Sometimes watching it again shows it wasn't all his fault. But when the Jets grade this game I don't think Hunter's performance will be worthy of hanging on his refrigerator.

Wow, you do see things differently than most. Sanchez is awesome and it's all Hunter's fault? What a refreshing new perspective.

sanchez showed his typical grit and toughness today, but the 2nd pick bothered me. he stared the guy down. he actuallly was looking off safeties better last year. that is a concern.

he has great chemistry with keller, holmes and LT. that's the offense right now. I think as he gets comfortable with burress, the offense will improve, and when he gets mason going in the slot, it will be explosive.

the jets throw a lot off of play action, so the running game is a problem. the jets miss woody A LOT

maybe callahan can fix hunter, maybe they bring someone in, trade for someone, but that guy needs to get better and fast

Wow, you do see things differently than most. Sanchez is awesome and it's all Hunter's fault? What a refreshing new perspective.

do you ever bring your own idea to a thread or just insult other posters ? give us a football x's and o's breakdown of sanchez today.

All I know is we destroyed a team today that beat the Titans last week the team that beat the Ravens today...Wayne Hunter is garbage. What pissed me off the most today though was seeing him laughing after his two big drive killing penalties-it was the first time I yelled at the TV this year.

All I know is we destroyed a team today that beat the Titans last week the team that beat the Ravens today...

And they beat the Steelers, who beat us in the AFC championship. So when you think about it we're basically in the Super Bowl already.

Booze...your right....I just want to add, our Jets are turning into a Great Football Team right in front of our eyes and the eyes of every other team and NFL talking head expert. We will even get better on offense and our defense is top 3 NFL. We are just where we should be at 2-0. We maybe in a very special season.....

Archived