He is what he is (and that's all that he is)??

lancemehl

I know one guy who is benefiting greatly from the rampant anti-Sanchez disorder (haha calm down) BUT that's Mr. Shonn Greene! What's up, kid? When does the 2009 playoff honeymoon end? We know that we can't possibly rely on the passing game like we have been....totally.

Is he getting fat off of a couple of big games, or can this dude be the guy for us? I do like him, but it's like he is too big to be an LT type, but not quite a Brandon Jacobs who can tenderize the lb'ers and open up for LT later on. (That's how the Giants won the SB using Jacobs and Bradshaw). He's something of a tweener. lol

OL banged up, true. But the dude is averaging 2.9 not good.

I'm not ready to sanchize him yet, but.....

On the bright side, Joe McKnight is showing signs of life.

Reasons why you deserved your own thread?

1)

Is there a problem I'm not aware of, EY? I deserve my own thread because I made one. If there is another thread discussing Shonn Greene's lack of production, I can't find it amid the lunacy. If my memory serves me, you have dent football knowledge. Why not display some of it and add to the discussion, instead of taking little shots at me, personally. I don't think it's too interested to the rest of the guys here. This isn't middle school, We're just talking football, bro.

Is there a problem I'm not aware of, EY? I deserve my own thread because I made one. If there is another thread discussing Shonn Greene's lack of production, I can't find it amid the lunacy. If my memory serves me, you have dent football knowledge. Why not display some of it and add to the discussion, instead of taking little shots at me, personally. I don't think it's too interested to the rest of the guys here. This isn't middle school, We're just talking football, bro.

comatme.gif

Nothing but homers on this board.

All we have is 4 Sanchez sucks threads 3 Schotty sucks threads, 2 Greene sucks threads, a Hunter sucks thread, and a Baxter sucks thread. Plus an assortment of shots at other players like McKnight, and Powell. FN homers are completely running the place.

I could see all the optimism if the Jets were undefeated so far but in the midst of the tragic season! C'mon

I know one guy who is benefiting greatly from the rampant anti-Sanchez disorder (haha calm down) BUT that's Mr. Shonn Greene! What's up, kid? When does the 2009 playoff honeymoon end? We know that we can't possibly rely on the passing game like we have been....totally.

Is he getting fat off of a couple of big games, or can this dude be the guy for us? I do like him, but it's like he is too big to be an LT type, but not quite a Brandon Jacobs who can tenderize the lb'ers and open up for LT later on. (That's how the Giants won the SB using Jacobs and Bradshaw). He's something of a tweener. lol

OL banged up, true. But the dude is averaging 2.9 not good.

I'm not ready to sanchize him yet, but.....

On the bright side, Joe McKnight is showing signs of life.

Shonn Greene runs very well to the outside, off tackle soooooo We run him between the tackles 9 out of 10 times and we are NOT opening holes up the middle. :confused0082:

When Greene runs to the outside hes not running head on into 300 pound lineman . Mixing it up with a few more runs off tackle will keep defenses off balance. Sorry but you have to question why our OC runs LT up the middle constantly as well when we should be utilizing his speed to the outside. Not sure on the Shotty logic but then I never was. You want to keep a guy like LT fresh so you pound him into the line ?? Someone help me here.

I think if we run Greene outside more you will see him start to get some decent yards. Then we can run up the middle more with some misdirection plays to keep DLmen from teeing off and destroying us in the backfield. No matter how good a play is from a design standpoint it wont work if the defense knows whats coming.

How can any Jets fan harp all over Shonn Greene, when he's only 26 rushing attempts into the season? This is getting ridiculous.

Yes, Shonn Greene has an average of only 2.9 yards per carry as of right now, but how can anyone that understands the game of football, actually blame Shonn Greene for this?

Have you not seen our offensive line struggle during our first two weeks? We're trying to replace a future HOF lead blocker in Tony Richardson with a young FB, Moore is coming off an offseason injury and Hunter has struggled replacing Woody thus far. To make it worse, we lost Mangold during last weeks game against the Jaguars. How can Shonn Greene take the blame for this, when he's put up a career average of 4.3 yards per carry during his first two years in the league, including monster playoff games back in 2009 against both the Bengals and Chargers, where he combined for 44 carries, 263 rushing yards and 2 TD's. He also had a very solid game against the playoffs during the playoffs last season, putting up 76 yards, 1 TD with an average of 4.5 yards per carry. And in case you've forgot, he posted an average of of 5.8 yards per carry against the Steelers during our AFC Championship game.

Even LaDainian Tomlinson, who's averaged 4.3 yards per carry during his 11 year career, is only at 2.2 yards per carry after only 11 attempts this season. Wake up people, it's our offensive line; NOT #23.

It's just extremely sad how a very talented RB such as Shonn Greene, can get written off around here, after only two weeks, all because of obvious offensive line problems.

on special teams

specials, pre-season, and garbage time...yeah. I don't know where else we would see a back up running back. lol Compared to the hardknocks season, when they buried him after one fumble, he's made some nice runs, and of course, a blocked punt for a td, no big deal. Yeah that's signs of life.

Btw the very slight sarcastic tone in this post is more directed toward whoever said "He is?" not you so much lol

I was actually more on Greenes case last year than this one. Last year Tomlinson was playing incredibly well when Woody was still healthy while Greene stunk and ended up riding the bench. This year the line just stinks. Its not like the Jets have a better option. The penetration the defense is getting is just killing the run.

watched the Jacksonville game again. Shonn was ripping off 4-8 yard runs early in the game. But the line was not getting to the linebackers consistently enough for him as the game went on. Honestly watch the game and you see it is not the fault o Greene. The holes just were not there.

Thanks for the enlightenment Yogi. I pissed myself right after "ripping 4-8 yard runs". Thanks a lot.

Archived