Asomugha overrated?

GangisGreen

After the free agency madness that occured over Nnamdi I decided to focus on him with the Eagles. I live in Eagles country so I watch all of the Eagle games when Jets are not on. So far this season to me Nnamdi just has not lived up to the hype. Now he is good, but after really watching him I am now confident that Revis is the best CB in football. I have seen Nnamdi miss tackles, and it does not seem that QB's are scared to throw at him. He gets alot of safety help and has been beat this year already. I know it is early but to me the Revis has opened that gap as the leagues best corner.

Didn't watch the game, but saw this on Rotoworld:

Starting in place of Mario Manningham, Victor Cruz broke out in Sunday's win over the Eagles, catching three passes for 110 yards and two touchdowns on five targets.

Cruz hauled in a 74-yard touchdown in the first quarter before reeling in a 28-yard score in the fourth. Both times he was covered by elite Eagles CB Nnamdi Asomugha, though his first touchdown was only made possible by a (badly) missed Kurt Coleman tackle. It was the kind of performance the Giants desperately needed with Manningham out and Domenik Hixon lost for the season. Cruz should now have some rope as the Giants' No. 3 receiver. He's worth a flier in deeper leagues.

OUCH. Aso got beat bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...

Asomugha has been burned by Cruz, Denarius Moore and Michael Crabtree so far this season - just off the top of my head.

Knew this guys reputation for being shutdown was exaggerated by the fact that nobody needed to throw against Oakland for all the seasons he played there... why challenge him, when you can run for 5+ yards per carry against their front 7? Hahaha... glad we got the cheaper of the 2 over-rated CBs in Cromartie.

Archived