Mark Sanchez

Joewillie2k12

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. I'm one of the all-time Schottenheimer haters, but I don't get how you're supposed to dog a dude when the QB is this bad. This would be like if you were ripping Will. I. Am. for not getting William Hung to make a good rap album.

It's simple, because while Sanchez ******* sucks, so has every single QB who was ever touched a football while under center for Schotty, despite the fact that at least two of them have played SIGNIFICANTLY better immediately before and after playing in his offense. Sanchez could possibly be better in a different offense, or continue to suck, or even get worse, but that's not even the point anymore. The point is the Jets are much better off giving him one more chance with a different OC than giving the OC one more chance with yet another QB who you know will never be successful with Schotty as his OC. If you want to get rid of them both then so be it, but there is no option involved where retaining Schotty is even remotely acceptable.

The Jets will probably continue to suck with Sanchez, while the Jets will absolutely, without any doubt, unquestionably, inarguably, definitively continue to suck with Schotty.

Well here's the good news for all the people that detest Sanchez. If Sanchez is injured, and he will be with this OL, considering who the Jets back up QB is, the Jets will be in the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes

With how bad some of the NFL's teams are this year 2 wins alone might be enough to have the Jets out of that sweepstakes.

For the Sanchez haters, who instead of him would you like right now? Who can we plug in at qb that will play better right now in this system with this line and running game and this oc?

answer: nobody

you are crucifiing a kid who is getting his azz kicked on every snap for four games now. what can he do differently to please the masses? If your asking him to pitch a perfect game every week, get over it. not rational. if you just dont like him, fine. but, every week its the same garbage from the same people about how bad he is. have you enjoyed the last two years? Mark has played a MAJOR role in the success of this team the last two years whether you agree or not. He will be here for years to come so either get used him or bitch somewhere else.

It's simple, because while Sanchez ******* sucks, so has every single QB who was ever touched a football while under center for Schotty, despite the fact that at least two of them have played SIGNIFICANTLY better immediately before and after playing in his offense.

Preaching. Choir. That said, the offense this year is on Sanchez and Tannenbaum. Schott's a distant 3rd to those 2.

I think the Jets should do a better job of complaining to the NFL to get more calls for roughing the passer, sorta like in the NBA where teams complain to get more calls.

Sanchez sucks, but at least he should be generating more positive 15 yard plays in forms of penalties.

He gets hit so often now that there are at least 2 personal fouls on him a game and they aren't called.

It's simple, because while Sanchez ******* sucks, so has every single QB who was ever touched a football while under center for Schotty, despite the fact that at least two of them have played SIGNIFICANTLY better immediately before and after playing in his offense. Sanchez could possibly be better in a different offense, or continue to suck, or even get worse, but that's not even the point anymore. The point is the Jets are much better off giving him one more chance with a different OC than giving the OC one more chance with yet another QB who you know will never be successful with Schotty as his OC. If you want to get rid of them both then so be it, but there is no option involved where retaining Schotty is even remotely acceptable.

The Jets will probably continue to suck with Sanchez, while the Jets will absolutely, without any doubt, unquestionably, inarguably, definitively continue to suck with Schotty.

You're absolutely right. The truth is, both will have to go. But, you can't kill the QB yet. Hopefully they kill the OC as soon as possible so that we can move this process along.

Preaching. Choir. That said, the offense this year is on Sanchez and Tannenbaum. Schott's a distant 3rd to those 2.

Be that as it may, only one of those three is going anywhere anytime soon, so the sooner the better. At worst, Jets draft another QB this offseason in the mid rounds and give Sanchez at least one more year to prove himself. Tanny would need a minimum of 2 back to back losing seasons to be in any threat of losing his job.

I think the Jets should do a better job of complaining to the NFL to get more calls for roughing the passer, sorta like in the NBA where teams complain to get more calls.

Know what pisses me off? If Rex is going to pull that nonsense on the field, he might as well go all out and just pull a Billick at the press conference. At least stay consistent.

I really don't recall ever seeing a coach call a TO just to yell at the refs. That might be a first.

You're absolutely right. The truth is, both will have to go. But, you can't kill the QB yet. Hopefully they kill the OC as soon as possible so that we can move this process along.

True enough, and not to mention, the last thing you want is Schotty getting his filthy mits on McElroy and whoever else the Jets draft next year to start getting ready behind Sanchez while he likely gets at least one more chance next year.

Know what pisses me off? If Rex is going to pull that nonsense on the field, he might as well go all out and just pull a Billick at the press conference. At least stay consistent.

I really don't recall ever seeing a coach call a TO just to yell at the refs. That might be a first.

Yeah, that was really something, wasn't it?

This team is ******* hopeless.

Be that as it may, only one of those three is going anywhere anytime soon, so the sooner the better. At worst, Jets draft another QB this offseason in the mid rounds and give Sanchez at least one more year to prove himself. Tanny would need a minimum of 2 back to back losing seasons to be in any threat of losing his job.

I'm not so sure about this. Tannenbaum was pretty cutthroat when it came to Mangini, I don't know if he'd be willing to hitch his job to Sanchez at this point. Not saying it's a definite, but there's some history to hold out on hope.

What QB would have performed better under those circumstances last night? Who?

It's not like the Ravens were giving Sanchez until seven mississippi.. they ran around, through, and over the O-line like OJ catching a plane.

I'm not so sure about this. Tannenbaum was pretty cutthroat when it came to Mangini, I don't know if he'd be willing to hitch his job to Sanchez at this point. Not saying it's a definite, but there's some history to hold out on hope.

Well the reason I think it will play out like that is not so much Tanny having faith in Sanchez or tying himself to him, but rather just the circumstances Tanny and the team will be under next year. I can't see anyone of particular value being available via FA or trade, so I think the situation would be more of a matter of Sanchez being the best option to hold down the fort and cross your fingers that you end up with the Drew Brees effect while grooming his replacement, particularly since I don't think Tanny would be brave enough to go too high with a QB pick next year, so it's unlikely you'll end up with a day one starter. If anything, if Tanny can do a respectable job cleaning up the other issues on the team (e.g., the OL), having that young QB in waiting will probably buy him more time than rushing into another high pick who could struggle out of the gate all over again. Who knows though, could certianly be wrong on that one.

For the Sanchez haters, who instead of him would you like right now? Who can we plug in at qb that will play better right now in this system with this line and running game and this oc?

answer: nobody

you are crucifiing a kid who is getting his azz kicked on every snap for four games now. what can he do differently to please the masses? If your asking him to pitch a perfect game every week, get over it. not rational. if you just dont like him, fine. but, every week its the same garbage from the same people about how bad he is. have you enjoyed the last two years? Mark has played a MAJOR role in the success of this team the last two years whether you agree or not. He will be here for years to come so either get used him or bitch somewhere else.

It is not, nor was it ever about who should be playing in Sanchez's place, right now, unless you wanted to go the woulda-shoulda-coulda route and talk about Freeman, trading up for Stafford, or hell, what I thought they should have done in not taking a QB at all, letting Clemens play for one year, and then making your move the following year. But, Rex and Tannenbaum were to afraid to fail year one.

The point is that Sanchez isn't where some people think he should be, and a lot of people see nothing in his game that indicates an ability to take it any further. And yes, everyone acknowledges that he's in a bad situation this year, with the offensive line, but he's not under pressure under every single drop back, and when he's not getting killed, he's still doing a lot of things wrong. Many of his bad decisions have nothing to do with pressure. Many are just bad decisions. This all ignores that Sanchez's ability and decision making allow other teams to take what are normally risks by bringing so much pressure because they do not believe he can beat it. A great QB with our Offensive Line would struggle at times, but would also make a lot of plays causing defenses to respect him. Until Sanchez can do that, he'll be seeing big blitzes every week, and hey, why not?

Oh, and outside of improving his game from "below average" to "solid", Mark did not have a lot to do with our success. Running the football well and playing defense did. Mark did enough not to screw it up. Now, with some holes elsewhere, he need to do more.

There is no answer to your question of who should start. Sanchez should start. But, on a Jets discussion forum, it's time to discuss why he very way may not be the answer, and how soon we think should start looking for the answer/what we think the team should do about it. As for your comment about how he'll be here a long time. We'll see. This is the last year of his contract where there is not significant savings if you move him, so hopefully there will be an evaluation process, and if he is holding this team back, we will move on. Hopefully we take a mid-round QB this year who has some tools that we can groom and maybe that guy can give Sanchez a run for his money in another year or so.

His job is already hitched to Sanchez. Getting rid of Sanchez wouldn't be a Tanny decision. It would be a Woody decision.

His job is already hitched to Sanchez. Getting rid of Sanchez wouldn't be a Tanny decision. It would be a Woody decision.

It's close, but I'm not sure that's entirely true. I think Tanny has built up a lot of good will with Woody and has a chance to recover even if Sanchez ultimately fails, but that means coming up with a QB of the future in next year's draft somewhere in the mid rounds and getting returns out of either him or Sanchez within the next 2 years.

It's close, but I'm not sure that's entirely true. I think Tanny has built up a lot of good will with Woody and has a chance to recover even if Sanchez ultimately fails, but that means coming up with a QB of the future in next year's draft somewhere in the mid rounds and getting returns out of either him or Sanchez within the next 2 years.

It was widely reported that before the Favre trade, Woody told Tanny that the Jets can't have a no-name QB anymore. They need someone with star power to be face of the franchise. A midrounder isn't getting it done. If not Sanchez then it would have to be big name player, which likely won't be available.

They weren't paying Mangini nearly as much as they are paying Sanchez and there are no cap issues to consider when you fire a coach.

I'm too lazy to look it up on Jason's site, but I think this is the last year that Sanchez really is that much of a hit if he's gone.

Yes, it wouldn't be a big cap hit because the cap hit was this year (hence the high cap figure), but there is no chance that the Jets cut Sanchez. At best, for those that believe he is not the answer, is that he finishes out his rookie deal and he leaves.

Archived