Will K. Ellis Be Activated for the Pats Game?

TNJet

We really need him

Ellis practiced today. He didn't practice last week and didn't play.

I'd like to see some play out of the kid, but I don't think the Jets need him. Divito, and Pouha have been playing great. Dixon has been very solid. I'm not sure that at this point Ellis wouldn't be a drop off from Dixon.

If he plays, great. If not there will be another day for him

Ellis practiced today. He didn't practice last week and didn't play.

I'd like to see some play out of the kid, but I don't think the Jets need him. Divito, and Pouha have been playing great. Dixon has been very solid. I'm not sure that at this point Ellis wouldn't be a drop off from Dixon.

If he plays, great. If not there will be another day for him

is Devito playing this week??

Who's going to sit?

Jets will have a ton of DB's dressed for this game.

Teveseu is most likely to be inactive if Ellis is in. If they want to keep him active as well, it would likely be Lankster, Baker or McIntyre - or Poole, if he's too hurt to go

BTW - I doubt the Jets dress too many DBs. The pats have all of two WRs worth noticing (Welker and Branch), + the two TEs. Their depth at WR - Ocho, Price, Slater, Edelman - is awful. They won't be running out very many 5 wide looks, and I don't see the Jets going to 7 DBs all that often

If he's healthy I think he'll be activated, once some guys started getting nicked up after the first few weeks, they started activating more DL. If everyone is good to go, I think MTV is the only guy who's not active come Sunday. But if there ends up being another healthy scratch, it's probably going to be Ellis. I don't see any way a healthy Dixon isn't active with the way he's played this season.

If he's healthy I think he'll be activated, once some guys started getting nicked up after the first few weeks, they started activating more DL. If everyone is good to go, I think MTV is the only guy who's not active come Sunday. But if there ends up being another healthy scratch, it's probably going to be Ellis. I don't see any way a healthy Dixon isn't active with the way he's played this season.

I don't get the MTV love from the staff, he really hadn't played any better than Kenrick when he was active.

I don't get the MTV love from the staff, he really hadn't played any better than Kenrick when he was active.

I don't think either of them have played more than a couple snaps. I know you love Ellis but if there's one thing Rex knows it's defensive line play. Ellis will play when he's ready.

Teveseu is most likely to be inactive if Ellis is in. If they want to keep him active as well, it would likely be Lankster, Baker or McIntyre - or Poole, if he's too hurt to go

BTW - I doubt the Jets dress too many DBs. The pats have all of two WRs worth noticing (Welker and Branch), + the two TEs. Their depth at WR - Ocho, Price, Slater, Edelman - is awful. They won't be running out very many 5 wide looks, and I don't see the Jets going to 7 DBs all that often

True, but the Jets safeties don't cover very well, so they have a tendency to use extra CBs and I'd expect them to use Wilson and Strickland on the TEs an awful lot. They are also thin at LB, so I think they may be moving a safety into the box to take the spot Thomas used to occupy. 7 is a lot, but I'd expect a steady diet of 6 DBs.

Whether guys like Lankster and Cook or McIntyre and Bellore are dressed will have more to do with special teams, but I think they will have enough slots for Ellis to be active if he's healthy. Whether he plays much is another matter and will probably have to do with how healthy Dixon is this week.

I don't think either of them have played more than a couple snaps. I know you love Ellis but if there's one thing Rex knows it's defensive line play. Ellis will play when he's ready.

Agreed

This team has been blessed with a lot of over achieving D-line players. I have great hopes for Ellis , and from what I've seen of him has been very encouraging, but rough.

At this point in the season Rex is going to put on the active roster who he thinks gives the team the best chance to win. I have to trust that decision. He's been real good so far.

I think Ellis is going to be a real good player. There's real good players in front of him right now

Agreed

This team has been blessed with a lot of over achieving D-line players. I have great hopes for Ellis , and from what I've seen of him has been very encouraging, but rough.

At this point in the season Rex is going to put on the active roster who he thinks gives the team the best chance to win. I have to trust that decision. He's been real good so far.

I think Ellis is going to be a real good player. There's real good players in front of him right now

Absolutely, and as I've said before if there is any single position on this team that I always have and always will give Rex the benefit of the doubt on, it's the DL. The guy knows his stuff without question and finds guys off the scrap heap who can really contribute. The Jets top 2 backups are Pitoitua, who was only ever a PS player for the Jets before Rex, missed an entire season with a torn achilles and is now one of the top guys in the rotation, and Dixon who was an opening week waiver claim from Dallas last year, was pretty much the only backup DL on the roster for the majority of last year, and is having a solid season in the Jets DL rotation. Not to mention MTV who was an undrafted rookie last year who played in the AFC Championship and has been called back up onto the active roster and played multiple times this season any time the Jets have any injuries. Not bad contributions from a bunch of guys nobody else seemed to want. So if Rex thinks any or all of them are going to give the Jets more on the field right now than Ellis, it's got to be tough to argue with the guy.

Really hope he plays. I like him getting experience sooner rather than later. and to flgreen: Dixon could sit, devito and ellis would suffice with the other actives.

With a short week, I think you play the healthiest guys only unless there's a major drop-off in talent.

The rest can can be in better shape then for the Broncos. You don't just walk all over any NFL team. On a short week, we'll need as many healthy players as possible.

Archived