Do the Chargers know that you can still run the ball??

Blackout

Palmer and the Raiders will work out, for better or worse. I think he'll be alot like Seymour was for their D. I like the way that team is built, but it's not complete yet. I've been saying this for a while, but with a guy who's been a good NFL QB and isn't even old they're going to be legit going forward. They'll lose early in the playoffs, but they'll be around net year.

I'm actually starting to fear the Raiders more now than the Chargers. Considering how talented the Chargers are that's pretty sad. Anyway, the good news for AFCE/AFCN fans is that the wild cards will NOT be coming from the AFCW or AFCS. Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Jets and Bills will have 4 playoff spots to fight for. 4/6 of them will make the playoffs, no doubt.

I'm actually starting to fear the Raiders more now than the Chargers. Considering how talented the Chargers are that's pretty sad. Anyway, the good news for AFCE/AFCN fans is that the wild cards will NOT be coming from the AFCW or AFCS. Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Jets and Bills will have 4 playoff spots to fight for. 4/6 of them will make the playoffs, no doubt.

I'm just gonna go ahead and rule out the Bills.

They're a team of nobodies and then Rivers. If one of the players is good, he's either injured or easy to injury or kind of a girl. It's been a while since the Chargers were a team I considered loaded with talent...this isn't the Merriman/Williams/Olshansky/Castillo pass rush they had with the LT/Turner running game...

If you look at the Raiders roster as a draft guy, there's alot of guys who got alot of hype or went high or were supposed to go high...It's a roster with nice blend of young and "old" size and speed guys, with alot of former first round/starter reclamation projects that are working out (started with Seymour). I think the talent over there gets slept on.

the Raiders have two backs that can run for 100 on any given day, and one of them (bush) is FAR less of a threat than the other (Run D-MC)

i still say the raiders are pretty beatable in the playoffs tho, just the fact they are a bit scarier than the Chargers

Palmer and the Raiders will work out, for better or worse. I think he'll be alot like Seymour was for their D. I like the way that team is built, but it's not complete yet. I've been saying this for a while, but with a guy who's been a good NFL QB and isn't even old they're going to be legit going forward. They'll lose early in the playoffs, but they'll be around net year.

The Chargers just suck. Its time for everyone to get off their jock. Even when they are good and should be elite, they are still a bunch of choke artists.

I'm laughing reading some articles on that game because now everyone is all over the Raiders jock and forget that they got throttled by the Tebow led Broncos just 5 days ago.

But to the point of the thread...the Chargers are ******* morons. They have 2 very capable RB's and they never run the ball. Especially considering the Raiders cant stop the run. The Broncos ran all over them last week. Its almost like Norv didnt even watch the tape.

The Chargers just suck. Its time for everyone to get off their jock. Even when they are good and should be elite, they are still a bunch of choke artists.

I'm laughing reading some articles on that game because now everyone is all over the Raiders jock and forget that they got throttled by the Tebow led Broncos just 5 days ago.

But to the point of the thread...the Chargers are ******* morons. They have 2 very capable RB's and they never run the ball. Especially considering the Raiders cant stop the run. The Broncos ran all over them last week. Its almost like Norv didnt even watch the tape.

It would not surprise me if the Broncos won that division. They're right in the thick of it right now, and have an easier schedule compared to the rest of the division going forward.

I wonder if John Elway will hang himself?

You cant really take the Chargers serious anymore. Cycles happen in the NFL. San Diego was pretty good for a 6 year period and suffered from having a terrible big game coach in Schottenheimer and a complete dud in Norv. That 2009 year was the last gasp for them kind of like how our 2004 was the end for the early 2000 runs. In the last 4 years they have been 8-8, 9-7, 13-3, and are on pace to be an 8-8 or 7-9 team this year. Thats a pretty long period of mediocre football. Its like the Dolphins under Wannstedt with one big year thrown in. Enough individual talent to make people overrate them, but terrible leadership and nobody that can really get everyone to dig down in tough games.

This game convinced me what so many of you guys have been saying for years now: Norv is a lousy head coach. Rivers was getting killed on nearly every play and Turner refused to let his offense go into the hurry up. The Raiders' defense was able to rush full boar and then have the 45 seconds after every play to catch their breath to do it all over again. If Turner had any brains he would have gone hurry up and those big fat and OLD guys would have tired out, instead Norv allows his QB to take all those hard hits. He IS a crappy HC.

This game convinced me what so many of you guys have been saying for years now: Norv is a lousy head coach. Rivers was getting killed on nearly every play and Turner refused to let his offense go into the hurry up. The Raiders' defense was able to rush full boar and then have the 45 seconds after every play to catch their breath to do it all over again. If Turner had any brains he would have gone hurry up and those big fat and OLD guys would have tired out, instead Norv allows his QB to take all those hard hits. He IS a crappy HC.

Norv is the offensive version of Wade Phillips - good coordinator, lousy head coach. While Norv shares in the blame, so does the GM. San Diego is just not that talented and it shows on the field.

They lost their starting LT McNeill in game and Dielman wasnt playing either. 2 best OL players were out...but they kept asking him to drop back and throw the ball. The replacement LT couldnt stop Wimberly's dip move. It was pathetic. Norv is just a really really bad HC.

I try to avoid the week by week bullsh*t analysis altogether. I've been watching that Raiders team be built over the past couple of years and I really am a fan of what they're doing.

Theylll be far more threatening than they are right now come next year when the QB is fully caught up.

You cant really take the Chargers serious anymore. Cycles happen in the NFL. San Diego was pretty good for a 6 year period and suffered from having a terrible big game coach in Schottenheimer and a complete dud in Norv. That 2009 year was the last gasp for them kind of like how our 2004 was the end for the early 2000 runs. In the last 4 years they have been 8-8, 9-7, 13-3, and are on pace to be an 8-8 or 7-9 team this year. Thats a pretty long period of mediocre football. Its like the Dolphins under Wannstedt with one big year thrown in. Enough individual talent to make people overrate them, but terrible leadership and nobody that can really get everyone to dig down in tough games.

Indeed. They underachieved when they had one of the most,if not the most talented team in the league. Not people still assume they're doing the same when in reality they're just not that talented anymore.

Rivers is a great QB who's had a bad season, but he's getting no help at all there. How he finished yesterdays game is beyond me.

(once Mark Sancez loses another playoff game this year or fails to make the playoffs) let's trade him for Rivers in the offseason

and let's resign Cotchery, his old WR from college

we'd be guaranteed to win that superbowl thing in the seasons 2012, 2013 and at least one more after that

Archived