John Fox: Tim Tebow would be 'screwed' in regular offense

Jetfan13

Honesty is always the best policy. Especially when its coming from Denver Broncos coach John Fox .

John Fox gave a brutally honest take on Tim Tebow to NFL.com writer Jeff Darlington recently in lieu of the Broncos Thursday night game against the New York Jets.

"Do whatever the hell it takes," he laughed. "I mean, what the hell? You don't get points for style in this league. Let me tell you something: My man is really good in this offense. You know what I mean?

"If we were trying to run a regular offense, he'd be screwed."

He said a regular offense, not a Schitty offense.

eh im still debating who is to blame schotty or sanchez. I do think schotty should be fired and sanchez given atleast 1 more year, but im so afraid what will happen if the new OC calls for a 20 yard throw over the middle with sanchez staring down his target.

eh im still debating who is to blame schotty or sanchez. I do think schotty should be fired and sanchez given atleast 1 more year, but im so afraid what will happen if the new OC calls for a 20 yard throw over the middle with sanchez staring down his target.

I think at this point there's more than enough evidence to say that Schotty is without question awful at his job. The question is whether a change in offense will make any difference for Sanchez. It very well could make no difference at all, but I agree with you that he at least deserves a shot. That said, if the Jets find themselves somehow having an opportunity to get themselves a proven QB going into next season, they should certainly take it.

I think at this point there's more than enough evidence to say that Schotty is without question awful at his job. The question is whether a change in offense will make any difference for Sanchez. It very well could make no difference at all, but I agree with you that he at least deserves a shot. That said, if the Jets find themselves somehow having an opportunity to get themselves a proven QB going into next season, they should certainly take it.

^ This... i have some hopes for mcelroy and if not maybe grabbing vince young. Schotty is bleh but sometimes there are open receivers sanchez just does not see.

^ This... i have some hopes for mcelroy and if not maybe grabbing vince young. Schotty is bleh but sometimes there are open receivers sanchez just does not see.

McElroy is destined to be a career backup so let's not not get the astroglide out just yet. Vince Young?? - c'mon man!

We can't give up on Sanchez without at least giving him a shot with a different (ie: better) coordinator. It would be foolish not to do so.

just heard an interview with Bill Romanowski where he says the Jets will try to intimidate Tebow and hit him really hard.. he said "the problem is Tebow will just get up, slap the player on the helmet, and say god bless you". lol

He would be. But they are changing to offense to suit his strengths.

On the other hand Schitty...........

There's a slight difference in what Tebow can do and what Sanchez can do physically. For instance, Tebow had to cram before the draft on how to throw a ball properly...

How does that disprove what i said ?

What special ability does Sanchez have that his coordinator should be emphasizing but isn't?

Not that you actually had anything to disprove in your post...You're comparing a guy who very clearly has non-traditional physical ability to Sanchez, and whining about how Sanchez's handlers don't take HIS special abilities into account. It's just running with a theme here...easy enough to do since most of the meatheads would just throw in a pat on the back for getting a "good one" on Schittenheimer.

What special ability does Sanchez have that his coordinator should be emphasizing but isn't?

Not that you actually had anything to disprove in your post...You're comparing a guy who very clearly has non-traditional physical ability to Sanchez, and whining about how Sanchez's handlers don't take HIS special abilities into account. It's just running with a theme here...easy enough to do since most of the meatheads would just throw in a pat on the back for getting a "good one" on Schittenheimer.

Sorry for personally offending you!

Archived