How is Plaxico an upgrade ?

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was not a good throw from Sanchez too risky. But yes he should have made a better effort. Teams jump our routes alot

If some other receiver had made that effort it would have been the end of the world.

At the end of the day the JETS are not able to stretch the field on offense all the defense has to do is worry about 20-25 yards of field space and not have to defend the whole field!

We just do not have the WRs to stretch the field!

This is true, and I know why....thats a direct statement towards playcalling. Schotty is a ******* a$$hole. I wouldnt expect Sanchez to look good in this offense. Who the hell ever did?

I does have something to do with play calling and predictability but this one was on Sanchez I dont want to try and stick up for him and make the haters cry all week. Once again we did a really poor job protecting him and he once again he got hammered tonight . Many drives were stopped that were no fault of his .

I does have something to do with play calling and predictability but this one was on Sanchez I dont want to try and stick up for him and make the haters cry all week. Once again we did a really poor job protecting him and he once again he got hammered tonight . Many drives were stopped that were no fault of his .

Yes..."one" on sanchez. Im not making it seem like in if its Schotty's fault then Sanchez must be a saint. The bottomline is that Sanchez will be more prone to looking like this under this horrible coaching.

Alex Smith in San Fran should be a testament to this.

We have done a a horrible job of protecting him every week. But there are some throws Sanchez is very hesitant to make, throws he was completing pretty well last year.

And i have to say what has to happen so he gets a late hit call. Von Miller has 2 late hits and that too leading with the helmet. And on one of them Sanchez was taking like 4 steps back without the ball before he got hit. How is that not a penalty!

If some other receiver had made that effort it would have been the end of the world.

At the end of the day the JETS are not able to stretch the field on offense all the defense has to do is worry about 20-25 yards of field space and not have to defend the whole field!

We just do not have the WRs to stretch the field!

You would be correct we dont have the WR's to stretch the field and they scare no one so DB's jump routes knowing they have zone help up top. Not an easy circumstance by any means. And we did pay too much for an inconsistent WR once again a guy who shows flashes and makes an incredible catch now and then but 50 million was just out right stupidity when you watch the bitch give up on routes. On the first sack of the game did you see the camera shot while Sanchez was getting blitzed from both sides and not one Jets receiver had a hot call since all their backs were to the QB running routes past 10 yards and they were all blanketed. Thats just poor execution.

We love those plays on 3rd down, where the receivers run a curl that is short of the 1st down. We run them every game, so every other team has to know they're coming. All a DB has to do is stay close and read Sanchez and they can jump that route all day.

We have done a a horrible job of protecting him every week. But there are some throws Sanchez is very hesitant to make, throws he was completing pretty well last year.

And i have to say what has to happen so he gets a late hit call. Von Miller has 2 late hits and that too leading with the helmet. And on one of them Sanchez was taking like 4 steps back without the ball before he got hit. How is that not a penalty!

Both were penalties as the new rules state I agree. On a blitz' like that how many times do the WR's miss those reads ? I saw it once for sure and possibly 2 times.

You would be correct we dont have the WR's to stretch the field and they scare no one so DB's jump routes knowing they have zone help up top. Not an easy circumstance by any means. And we did pay too much for an inconsistent WR once again a guy who shows flashes and makes an incredible catch now and then but 50 million was just out right stupidity when you watch the bitch give up on routes. On the first sack of the game did you see the camera shot while Sanchez was getting blitzed from both sides and not one Jets receiver had a hot call since all their backs were to the QB running routes past 10 yards and they were all blanketed. Thats just poor execution.

It happened on that play and one other where Sanchez hurried up a throw and our WR kept running.

At this point of time our passing offense does not look very well coached. You look at the performance of Keller and then Holmes and Plax.

The good thing is McKnight made plays on offense. He must have had 6 catches (per my count) for close to 55-70 yards and did a good job running the ball. He did have a few running plays for no gain so do not know what his stats were. But he seemed to be patient and hit the holes. If not for McKnight JETS would have struggled to move the ball even the little bit that they did!

Santonio needs a huge paycut if we have to keep him on the team.

We love those plays on 3rd down, where the receivers run a curl that is short of the 1st down. We run them every game, so every other team has to know they're coming. All a DB has to do is stay close and read Sanchez and they can jump that route all day.

exactly its predcitability and its really hard for an offense or a QB to overcome predictability. This is defense by design

It happened on that play and one other where Sanchez hurried up a throw and our WR kept running.

At this point of time our passing offense does not look very well coached. You look at the performance of Keller and then Holmes and Plax.

The good thing is McKnight made plays on offense. He must have had 6 catches (per my count) for close to 55-70 yards and did a good job running the ball. He did have a few running plays for no gain so do not know what his stats were. But he seemed to be patient and hit the holes. If not for McKnight JETS would have struggled to move the ball even the little bit that they did!

Santonio needs a huge paycut if we have to keep him on the team.

Mcknight did a nice job but hes a 5-10 touch per game type guy he should be used more in the screen game and could you believe we actully had 2 screen passes tonight and they worked because we caught Denver in the blitz both times. Where was this vs the god damn Ravens when they were over persuing just about every play ? This is why I hate Shotty because there are answers to make things easier for your QB and your offense.

Mcknight did a nice job but hes a 5-10 touch per game type guy he should be used more in the screen game and could you believe we actully had 2 screen passes tonight and they worked because we caught Denver in the blitz both times. Where was this vs the god damn Ravens when they were over persuing just about every play ? This is why I hate Shotty because there are answers to make things easier for your QB and your offense.

I thought we had more screen passes like 4-5. But a few of them worked perfectly. He should be used a lot more. That is the problem. The answer to many problems are right there but Schotty still cannot find the answer!

I thought we had more screen passes like 4-5. But a few of them worked perfectly. He should be used a lot more. That is the problem. The answer to many problems are right there but Schotty still cannot find the answer!

It was nice seeing those screens for once. Considering it looked like Denver was stacking the box cause they didn't respect our passing game at all the screen helped a little. But of course next week we'll see something completely different.

It was nice seeing those screens for once. Considering it looked like Denver was stacking the box cause they didn't respect our passing game at all the screen helped a little. But of course next week we'll see something completely different.

Schotty will out think himself and take them out of the game plan. Its Same Old Schotty!

How is he not an upgrade? You seem to forget the exact same complaints being lodged against Edwards in 2009. Repeatedly. Use the search, you'll find them. This isn't a surprise. He is what we thought he was.

How is he an upgrade over what he had ? Please explain.

A WR is not supposed to have the best seats in the house on a INT return on a pass thrown to him. And it has happened many times.

Last season the JETS had 11 40+ yard completions. This season 10 games in we only have one!

They have been using more screens all year. They didn't use them before because teams weren't rushing the passer and the Jets weren't passing much so teams were playing the run, not pinning their ears back. This year the Jets need a counter to the fact that every team has an effective pass rush all of a sudden. That's why screens are not effective.

How is he not an upgrade? You seem to forget the exact same complaints being lodged against Edwards in 2009. Repeatedly. Use the search, you'll find them. This isn't a surprise. He is what we thought he was.

Yes, but Plax's leg is not mad at Edwards for shooting him.

Archived