What are the Yankees doing?

Maxman

Bill Hall and Russell Branyon on minor league deals.

Solid off season for Cash Money

Really?

Pineda might turn into a stud, but it is clear the AL caught upto in the second half. He needs to get better or he will be JAG.

Kiroda was ok in a lesser league.

Branyn? :rl:

Bill Hall? :rl:

Really?

Pineda might turn into a stud, but it is clear the AL caught upto in the second half. He needs to get better or he will be JAG.

Kiroda was ok in a lesser league.

Branyn? :rl:

Bill Hall? :rl:

Pineda got rocked in 4 second half starts mainly in July before settling back down. Those starts bloated his ERA. Something like 20 of his starts were 3 earned runs or less.

The Yanks also got another SP in that deal who some scouts say has a higher ceiling. Kuroda had a 3.00 ERA which while in a weaker league still shows that he is a more than capable pitcher.

They basically fixed their rotation in one day and If they add a good DH they will have had a great off season.

Pineda got rocked in 4 second half starts mainly in July before settling back down. Those starts bloated his ERA. Something like 20 of his starts were 3 earned runs or less.

The Yanks also got another SP in that deal who some scouts say has a higher ceiling. Kuroda had a 3.00 ERA which while in a weaker league still shows that he is a more than capable pitcher.

They basically fixed their rotation in one day and If they add a good DH they will have had a great off season.

I think their starting pitcher is better, but I would not say it is fixed....yet After CC, you just do not know. Nova and Pineda have flashed potential and I think the Yankee rotation will look a lot better if they show their promise of last year is actual performance. Kuroda we shall see. He was decent a weaker league, but it is not like he put Nova type numbers....ever. And AJ is well AJ....could be great...could be AJ.

I think their starting pitcher is better, but I would not say it is fixed....yet After CC, you just do not know. Nova and Pineda have flashed potential and I think the Yankee rotation will look a lot better if they show their promise of last year is actual performance. Kuroda we shall see. He was decent a weaker league, but it is not like he put Nova type numbers....ever. And AJ is well AJ....could be great...could be AJ.

...could be a Pirate.

Archived