#1 red zone offense

stoicsentry

Are QB's judged based on wins and losses or not?

Now thats a question!

3rd in average starting field position

26th in yards/drive

17th in points/drive

22nd in percentage of drives ending in a punt

23rd in opponent's starting field position

Now thats Schotty's fault.

3rd in average starting field position

26th in yards/drive

17th in points/drive

22nd in percentage of drives ending in a punt

23rd in opponent's starting field position

That 3rd in starting field position would partly explain the low yards per drive average. This happened in other years. The Jets have generally started on short fields under Westoff. The difference now is the RZ success.

The Jets are currently 6th in points scored and they have not had ST or D returns in some weeks.

Are QB's judged based on wins and losses or not?

Wins are part of a wide tapestry of factors. Few stats are important if they standalone, but when combined they give you a bigger picture. Yards are important, but what if your average starting position is excellent? Completion percentage is important, but what if most of your completions are to running backs in the flats? If I had to choose, the most important stats would be wins and TD/INT ratio.

Wins are part of a wide tapestry of factors. Few stats are important if they standalone, but when combined they give you a bigger picture. Yards are important, but what if your average starting position is excellent? Completion percentage is important, but what if most of your completions are to running backs in the flats? If I had to choose, the most important stats would be wins and TD/INT ratio.

Is it the same with both Schotty and Moore?

What about for Sanchez and Tebow?

Oh and playoffs and regular season?

Is their some kind of chart, a key maybe?

2e668a0d9406.gif

This is seriously in my head right now...so the offense is 6th in points and first in red zone...but the problem is design, plan, and call sequence? I'm actually TRYING to work it out so I come to that inane conclusion and it's just not clicking.

I'm not even looking to defend Schitty there...it's he whole offensive coaching staff. To have as much success as theyve had with numbnuts at QB says a whole lot about the talent the Jets have surrounding that guy (coaches and players).

I'd like to see this offense with a good, natural version of Sanchez. His positive numbers like TD:INT and wins/losses are clearly influenced by those around him, but NO ONE not named Sanchez on the offensive side of the ball gets credit for it (except shiny new toy Tom Moore).

This is seriously in my head right now...so the offense is 6th in points and first in red zone...but the problem is design, plan, and call sequence? I'm actually TRYING to work it out so I come to that inane conclusion and it's just not clicking.

I'm not even looking to defend Schitty there...it's he whole offensive coaching staff. To have as much success as theyve had with numbnuts at QB says a whole lot about the talent the Jets have surrounding that guy (coaches and players).

I'd like to see this offense with a good, natural version of Sanchez. His positive numbers like TD:INT and wins/losses are clearly influenced by those around him, but NO ONE not named Sanchez on the offensive side of the ball gets credit for it (except shiny new toy Tom Moore).

Imagine if we still had Chauncey Washington, and Braylon Edwards!

It's all working towards a moment where the guy with the ball can do something positive with it. I just think that guy makes or breaks the deal.

Ultimately he who pulls the trigger holds the most stock. Extenuating factors influence but Aren't the ones making the end decision.

Seriously I think it all matters, but Sanchez makes the throws. I know, deep analysis.

Tom Moore was brought in specifically to help with the red zone offense. If you remember back to the articles from when it was first announced. I guess coaches really don't matter.

yes, i'm sure he did alot sitting at home in between naps and shuffleboard

yes, i'm sure he did alot sitting at home in between naps and shuffleboard

Oh come on...the guy watches tape and offers comments...he's even Talked to a player or two more than once...If you don't see the huge value in that and how it would influence how players play then you just don't get it. Tom has brought philosophies, ideas, designs, plans, and calls that...I mean the only way to describe them is franchise changing.

Archived