FIRE SALE! who would you keep as a bare bones team?

DougKnoth

There are a few players that have earned their spot on next year's team. Others NOT SO MUCH..... here's a list of players I want to see return.

1 Scott, Bart -A true heart to the locker room. Tells it like it is when it needs to be said.

2 Burress, Plaxico - played his heart out for the team, throws blocks and is unselfish.

3 Revis, Darrelle- If i need to explain this go to the Browns nation page.

4 Conner, John-this kid has yet to reach full potential, and when he does watch out!

5 Ferguson, D'Brickashaw- you cannot deny this guy he is incredible.

6 Greene, Shonn- another guy who played his heart out, if the O-line opens a hole, he will find it.

7 Keller, Dustin- he needs a kick in the a$$ sometimes, but has developed into a great short pass nightmare for opposing teams.

8 Kerley, Jeremy- a rookie that i am confident will make pro-bowl status in time. He is multi tallented!

9 Mangold, Nick- the Jets o-line lives or dies on Mangold's presence.

10 Pouha, Sione- the most undervalued and underrated member of our roster. The man is a monster!

11 Cromartie, Antonio- Most would look second rate next to Revis, Cro looks almost as good.plus his Special Teams skills.

12 Leonhard, Jim- if he stays healthy, a key component of Jets on the feild and off.

Who do you think Deserves the Nod?

There are a few players that have earned their spot on next year's team. Others NOT SO MUCH..... here's a list of players I want to see return.

1 Scott, Bart -A true heart to the locker room. Tells it like it is when it needs to be said.

2 Burress, Plaxico - played his heart out for the team, throws blocks and is unselfish.

3 Revis, Darrelle- If i need to explain this go to the Browns nation page.

4 Conner, John-this kid has yet to reach full potential, and when he does watch out!

5 Ferguson, D'Brickashaw- you cannot deny this guy he is incredible.

6 Greene, Shonn- another guy who played his heart out, if the O-line opens a hole, he will find it.

7 Keller, Dustin- he needs a kick in the a$$ sometimes, but has developed into a great short pass nightmare for opposing teams.

8 Kerley, Jeremy- a rookie that i am confident will make pro-bowl status in time. He is multi tallented!

9 Mangold, Nick- the Jets o-line lives or dies on Mangold's presence.

10 Pouha, Sione- the most undervalued and underrated member of our roster. The man is a monster!

11 Cromartie, Antonio- Most would look second rate next to Revis, Cro looks almost as good.plus his Special Teams skills.

12 Leonhard, Jim- if he stays healthy, a key component of Jets on the feild and off.

Who do you think Deserves the Nod?

Agree with all. Guys to add to that list:

-David Harris. Because. He's David Harris. He's good.

-Matt Slauson. Everyone hated him the first week weeks of the 2010 season. Now? He's a 5th round pick, playing LG solidly at a cheap price. Gotta appreciate that.

-Brandon Moore. Hurt by injuries but this year aside he's been a great RG in the run game. Didn't allow a sack this year, I believe.

-Patrick Turner. I like this guy so far, as a 4th receiver option he isn't bad. I would even say 3rd option, but Kerley has that locked up. Made a few nice 3rd down conversions for us this year.

-Mike DeVito. Solid defensive lineman.

-Kyle Wilson. Beginning to show promise as a nickel corner.

-Muhammed Wilkerson. Had a quiet year IMO, but he's only 21 and he didn't embarrass himself so that's a good sign. Should be a staple on the line for years to come.

-Calvin Pace. Solid OLB.

-Marcus Dixon. Nice rotational defensive lineman.

Bro you get it though? Haha it's like because she goes "off with their heads," which is one of those attempts to be funny that probably misses maybe hits. Bro that dame is a looker, ain't she?

Cmon man -- stay on topic, we are trying to talk football here.

Agree with all. Guys to add to that list:

-David Harris. Because. He's David Harris. He's good.

-Matt Slauson. Everyone hated him the first week weeks of the 2010 season. Now? He's a 5th round pick, playing LG solidly at a cheap price. Gotta appreciate that.

-Brandon Moore. Hurt by injuries but this year aside he's been a great RG in the run game. Didn't allow a sack this year, I believe.

-Patrick Turner. I like this guy so far, as a 4th receiver option he isn't bad. I would even say 3rd option, but Kerley has that locked up. Made a few nice 3rd down conversions for us this year.

-Mike DeVito. Solid defensive lineman.

-Kyle Wilson. Beginning to show promise as a nickel corner.

-Muhammed Wilkerson. Had a quiet year IMO, but he's only 21 and he didn't embarrass himself so that's a good sign. Should be a staple on the line for years to come.

-Calvin Pace. Solid OLB.

-Marcus Dixon. Nice rotational defensive lineman.

Agree. I wonder if the Harris haters noticed that he became solid against the pass this year and has always been an effective pass rusher when fatso remembers to send him? Just a solid player.

Scott and Burress as your top two. Well that sums up that.

Should have added in no particular order, but These 2 aren't cancer in the locker room, which was on my mind when I wrote the post. There are a few i missed, which is why this is a discussion, not a debate!

I'll take the reverse approach ...

The guys that absolutely have to go:

Brian Schottenheimer - His desire to run a complex, "pretty", finesse style offense, as opposed to an "old school", smashmouth, ball control offense was a bad marriage with Rex to begin with.

Matthew Mulligan - If you've watched the games, there's no explanation necessary.

Santonio Holmes - If you watched yesterday's game, there's no explanation necessary.

Wayne Hunter - The worst starting OT in the league.

Brodney Pool - Wasted money.

Calvin Pace - Too much money wrapped up in this guy. Has not been the pass rusher we need in this defense.

Players that MAY have to go:

Bart Scott - Too much salary wrapped up in a part time player. If he took a pay cut, I wouldn't mind keeping him.

Eric Smith - Not a starting safety. Keep him as a backup and special teams player.

Antonio Cromartie - Do we really want to commit so much money to a #2 Corner who frankly plays like a usual #2 corner (inconsistent). I don't think so.

I'd keep LT, if the money was right. I know he's not the player he used to be, but he's a good leader and God knows this team needs better leadership on the field.

Antonio Cromartie - Do we really want to commit so much money to a #2 Corner who frankly plays like a usual #2 corner (inconsistent). I don't think so.

I understand everything else you're saying, but with regards to Cro, I disagree. He is one of the best #2 corners in the league. The reason we think otherwise is that we're spoiled by excellent CB play. Cro was man to man most of the year, just like Revis... often with little help.

Should have added in no particular order, but These 2 aren't cancer in the locker room, which was on my mind when I wrote the post. There are a few i missed, which is why this is a discussion, not a debate!

Bart Scott is done. He was awful this season.

Burress played well in spurts, but he's a possession receiver who doesn't get open. I was against the signing, but it worked out okay.

Bottom line, if you're having a fire sale, the point would be to get better and younger. These guys don't make the team better or younger.

I keep:

McElroy (Not saying he should start)

Greene/Conner/McKnight

Keller/Burress/Kerley/Turner

Mangold/Brick/Slauson/Moore

Wilk/Pouha/K Ellis/Dixon

Harris/Pace/Maybin

Revis/Cro/Wilson

I'm on the fence with:

Sanchez - barely, but fact is, we're stuck with him

Holmes/Ducasse/LT

Devito/Scott/Pool/Mauga

shown the door w/ a handshake:

B Thomas/Leonhard/Westerman/Brunell/Every other OL

B Schottenheimer

shown the door w/ a middle finger:

Mulligan/Hunter (but a pay reduction and a backup role may be acceptable)

Eric Smith

Look at in FA:

Brees/Campbell/Flynn

Ryan Grant

Garcon/Mike Wallace/Bowe/Colston/Manningham

J Finley/F Davis/M Lewis

K McKenzie/Bobbie Williams

D Tollefson/Mario Williams/A Spencer/M Lawson

LARON LANDRY!!!

I understand everything else you're saying, but with regards to Cro, I disagree. He is one of the best #2 corners in the league. The reason we think otherwise is that we're spoiled by excellent CB play. Cro was man to man most of the year, just like Revis... often with little help.

They just signed him to a 4 year deal... he is not going anywhere...

I guess what I'm trying to say is while I think he is a good #2 CB, he's getting paid a tremendous amount of money, and for maybe half that amount, we could get somebody who can play close to as well, or as well as 'Cro.

I'm not a 'Cro hater. In fact, I like him. I just don't like the fact that we have so much money tied up in him when the team as so many other pressing needs.

I'll take the reverse approach ...

The guys that absolutely have to go:

Brian Schottenheimer - His desire to run a complex, "pretty", finesse style offense, as opposed to an "old school", smashmouth, ball control offense was a bad marriage with Rex to begin with.

Matthew Mulligan - If you've watched the games, there's no explanation necessary.

Santonio Holmes - If you watched yesterday's game, there's no explanation necessary.

Wayne Hunter - The worst starting OT in the league.

Brodney Pool - Wasted money.

Calvin Pace - Too much money wrapped up in this guy. Has not been the pass rusher we need in this defense.

Players that MAY have to go:

Bart Scott - Too much salary wrapped up in a part time player. If he took a pay cut, I wouldn't mind keeping him.

Eric Smith - Not a starting safety. Keep him as a backup and special teams player.

I'd keep LT, if the money was right. I know he's not the player he used to be, but he's a good leader and God knows this team needs better leadership on the field.

EXCELLENT POST TOP THREE SHOTTY, HOLMES and HUNTER. Sanchez is a good not great QB yet but with an Offensive Line and REX's GROUND & POUND ( RUN D ROCK) we could be on solid footing.

Archived