THE best college football team ever?!

Blackout

• 8 months later...

It's hard to determine how a team from that Era would translate to the modern game. Never know though.

You can only compare them to teams from their era. In that sense, you could say that the 1938 Tennessee Volunteers were the most dominant team for their era of all-time. But nothing more than that.

How the **** would anyone here know if the 1938 Vols were the best college Football team ever?

maybe someones grandfather was a season ticket holder

edit: not mine or anything but maybe SOMEONE out there has heard of the story of the dominance of the Vols of 38

you really think Andre Johnson is going to beat those cornerbacks on the '38 Vols? i don't
LOL!It's amazing how large and fit today's athletes are. This morning I was watching the Yanks-Sawx Bucky Dent game on YES, and the physical differences in the players are enormous. As late as the 70s, baseball players looked slim and their unis hanged on them.

LOL!It's amazing how large and fit today's athletes are. This morning I was watching the Yanks-Sawx Bucky Dent game on YES, and the physical differences in the players are enormous. As late as the 70s, baseball players looked slim and their unis hanged on them.

:D it is pretty funny isn't it

save guys like Mantle or Kluszeksi

• 3 weeks later...

so were you on the team?

No. My namesake. Russell Carter, who those idiots on wikipedia list as a "safety". Sure he played some safety, but he was a corner and moved to safety by the Raiders. Excellent player, bad legs. He was always hurt, but had some nice games in the playoffs for us. In the fall of 1982 I was a 140 lb 15 year old high school senior CB/S/WR preparing for my assault on the world.

Archived