LT on Sanchez- not lazy, pampered, needs weapons on offense, hates Santonip

Matt39

I like Rex, a lot. So I'm always going to try and defend him. The only thing I can say is, we dont necessarily know what "coaching the whole team" means to Rex Ryan. Its flimsy at best. I know. But this is just too hard to speculate. Maybe it means coaching the coaches, maybe it means being more available to the players, maybe it means X and O's, maybe it means less hands on, maybe it means more hands on. Who knows, your guess is as good as mine.

I took that quote by Rex as him delegating more and being less hands on. It would explain why Pettine seemed to run most of the defense, Schotty was left alone to **** up the offense, and Westhoff took care of special teams. I believe Rex said he used to spend time in each position meeting but he didn't do that this year and he basically left it up to the coaches under him to lead their respective units. Hopefully he stays true to his word and goes back to spending time which each group again. That seemed to work better for him.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we know it obviously does not mean "having a pulse on the team".

Which is one thing you would expect the HC to do. just a guess on my part there, but that would seem pretty important.

he certainly has earned the right to a longer leash here, but these are the same problems his daddy had. Let's hope he can learn from them

I don't want Rex to be fired. He does not deserve that kind of treatment. I would like to hear less bluster. He can just be funny at his pressers and forget the Olympian bombast. Maybe he was just lucky to have the right vets his first two years? Time will tell. But when you are a head coach you need to have the ability to analyze more than the other team's offense.

He also said that there is no doubt that Santonio is an incredible player/talent. And I'm not pissed at LT for what he said about Holmes, I'm pissed at him for sh*tting all over the team on his way out. Not just Santonio, Rex, MIkey T, and then he proceeeded to take a shot at the entire offense by saying there is no talent? **** that guy, he's a little whiny bitch and I'm pissed he ever played a down on this team. He's a coward who pulled the same sh*t in San Diego. Throw everyone under the bus on your way out of town.

Sorry, zero respect for that little whiny bitch.

Yet you champion sources who don't put their names to stuff and take it as gospel because it suits your Sanchez bashing.

What exactly did he say that was untrue?

LT called out Holmes character and the fact that he quit on the team. We all know both items to be true.

LT called out Rex and Tanny on creating and allowing a horrible locker room to run rampant. A team with some character issues at key positions. We all know that to be correct.

LT called out the offense talent wise. Keller =JAG, Burress is basically a good number 3 WR at this point, Holmes a talented malcontent everywhere he has played. Greene a touch above JAG who averaged 2 yds after initial contact for the season.

The OL was a disgrace this season and Sanchez ranked as the worst QB in the NFL with 500 pass attempts or over.

LT may be the only offensive player that we got what we expected performance wise in 2011.

All this media stuff is overblown but that is what happens when a team that talks and acts like a Rex Ryan team has a bad season. The sharks in the media have been waiting for him to fail so that they could pounce. It is interesting how quiet he is now during the bad times.

Yet you champion sources who don't put their names to stuff and take it as gospel because it suits your Sanchez bashing.

What exactly did he say that was untrue?

LT called out Holmes character and the fact that he quit on the team. We all know both items to be true.

LT called out Rex and Tanny on creating and allowing a horrible locker room to run rampant. A team with some character issues at key positions. We all know that to be correct.

LT called out the offense talent wise. Keller =JAG, Burress is basically a good number 3 WR at this point, Holmes a talented malcontent everywhere he has played. Greene a touch above JAG who averaged 2 yds after initial contact for the season.

The OL was a disgrace this season and Sanchez ranked as the worst QB in the NFL with 500 pass attempts or over.

LT may be the only offensive player that we got what we expected performance wise in 2011.

All this media stuff is overblown but that is what happens when a team that talks and acts like a Rex Ryan team has a bad season. The sharks in the media have been waiting for him to fail so that they could pounce. It is interesting how quiet he is now during the bad times.

Great post. JiF is a tool.

Archived