LT on Sanchez- not lazy, pampered, needs weapons on offense, hates Santonip

Matt39

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this defeatist bs..

Do you think you're going to lose to Joey Chestnut every hot dog eating contest you enter? You may but not for lack of effort.

Thank God for crab grass and hedges cause a career in comedy will not feed the golden child. I just hope that awesome little fella gets to see the jets win a championship. Meh. At least he has the Yankees. LOL

You're analyzing LT's body language on the bench. Very insightful.

Is this derp a new smart kid meme word? Jesus christ you guys are losers.

the thing that pisses me off the most in any of these type of discussions is the whole "well we went to 2 straight AFCCG and Mark Sanchez won 4 playoff games on the road" WHO CARES? That is ancient history, it might as well have happened in the 1980's-this team is NOTHING like those teams, the game itself is a LOT different than it was even two years ago. What was working when Rex Ryan got here clearly is not working now-his style of defense as evidenced with both his and his brother's performances shows that the league has caught up. The Cowboys and the Jets defenses have strengths in different areas and still they both get exposed. The Cowboys have a great pass rush but their DB's are a little suspect, the Jets have great CB play but their pass rush lacks any firepower. Where BOTH teams are exposed and where the league has figured out (thanks to Belichick) is right up the middle with the TE's against slow LBers and safeties.

I hate being this type of Jets fan-I never was a negative Nellie but it's what I see happening...and it hurts to say it...

Jif, I don't necessarily agree with everything you state here...Sanchez was placed in a no win situation because he was not ready to be a mini-Brees or Brady within the passing game....that was a tactical mistake by the organization. The lack of attention to the O-line proves a complete disconnect between the FO-HC and OC......Who is to blame for the Raider game? we were up 17-7..What the **** did our genious HC do with the defense? we lost. What about the denver game? we are up 13-10 were is our genious HC and his ****en defense? What about the Giants game? Where is the defense???

See I am pissed because everyone want to point fingers at a 24 year old QB who is serviceable with the right coaching and leadership and yet the defense was directly responsible for the Raiders Loss, The denver loss, the Giants Loss to name 3.

How on earth Sanchez hasnt been placed in a no win situation is beyond me. He's been given the keys to a Porche and he drives it like a beat up pick-up truck. The lack of attention to the OL was a mistake but I really cant blame them. It used to be the strenght of the team. Maybe you forget the Cromoartie mistakes in the Raiders game? Pretty sure thats what did us in. Granted the D was terrible...I think it was the first game without Bryan Thomas who is very good vs the run and containing anything that they try to break to the outside. Denver game? Please. That pick 6 was one of the worst throws I've ever seen. How can you blame a defense when they held a team to 10pts at home? Really?

Give me a break please. We need to look at the Jets objectively in particular what Rex will do to fix this malcontent slap dick bunch of guys.

I have been a Jets fan way to long not to see the train wreck that is here now. And who is responsible. Many of us said for Rex to STFU and pay attention to the game and to coaching and to make sure the team is ready to play. The ****er did not because if he did do that all of this sh*t would not be happening now. Rex is directly responsible for this train wreck PERIOD and Tanny is indirectly responsible.

I said these same things after the freakin Raider loss, so did Namath!

Stop with the excuses and look at it without the rose colored glasses...this is a mess. Rex needs to be a leader. And both the FO and Rex need to clean this up ASAP, otherwise both of there asses are out of here. PERIOD.

Its not a mess. An 8-8 team who at one point was 8-5 and even earlier season could have knocked off the Pats for the division - is not a mess. A couple of fixes here, a couple there and this team is fine. What isnt fine is the most important position on the field.

8-8 with a few bad moves this offseason can easily turn worse and honestly I dont trust Tanny one bit to build this team back up even though we have a good nucleus. The only reason we went 8-8 was due to a good nucleus of players its what you surround those guys with that wins football games. Role players are important too and we saw drop offs in the running game due to no TE's being able to block effectively. Numerous fumbles on ST because Brad Smith was not important an O-Line that could not block because a few solid back ups didnt seem like a problem that probably cost us 2 games and a decent running attack to boot. 8-8 goes pretty deep Pac

Seems to me that that trenches on both sides need minor tweaking but are looking pretty solid. A couple cuts, a good draft, and a key acquisition or 2 and this team is in great shape.

If the "worst locker room of all time" can go 8-8, just imagine what they can do next year after a facelift.

the thing that pisses me off the most in any of these type of discussions is the whole "well we went to 2 straight AFCCG and Mark Sanchez won 4 playoff games on the road" WHO CARES? That is ancient history, it might as well have happened in the 1980's-this team is NOTHING like those teams, the game itself is a LOT different than it was even two years ago. What was working when Rex Ryan got here clearly is not working now-his style of defense as evidenced with both his and his brother's performances shows that the league has caught up. The Cowboys and the Jets defenses have strengths in different areas and still they both get exposed. The Cowboys have a great pass rush but their DB's are a little suspect, the Jets have great CB play but their pass rush lacks any firepower. Where BOTH teams are exposed and where the league has figured out (thanks to Belichick) is right up the middle with the TE's against slow LBers and safeties.

I hate being this type of Jets fan-I never was a negative Nellie but it's what I see happening...and it hurts to say it...

Hell...Belly drafted Gronk and Hernandez back to back because he saw the direction the Jets defense was going in.

You are a piece of work. In the same paragraph, you say he "acted like a punk", yet you "don't blame him".

In your world of team building, you think it is ok to have malcontents who care more about themselves than the team? This is acceptable to you? You want to run my NFL team? Really?

You said it was a punk "move". Singular. News Jif, Holmes acted this way the majority of the season. It was not the last game issue a lone, he created a festering, non-compliant, adversarial relationship for the majority of the year. This was not a single action.

So there is Jif sitting watching his team's season go down the drain in week 17. He see's Holmes get kicked out of his own team's huddle for acting like a jerk. Jif sees Holmes sulk on the sideline, not even watching his offense perform.

And you empathize with his frustration and how he handles it? This is how you build a team?

I dont blame him for being frustrated. He handled it poorly. I think the delineation is pretty simple yet you are making it trivial.

Thank God for crab grass and hedges cause a career in comedy will not feed the golden child. I just hope that awesome little fella gets to see the jets win a championship. Meh. At least he has the Yankees. LOL

pfft.. I liked my little joke.

You are the Joey Chestnut of JN.

And you're a pussy.

I have never condoned Holmes actions. It was a punk move. I've said that time and time again. However, I dont blame him. The offense sucks, he's by far the best player and they dont get him the ball. Meanwhile, his QB is throwing the playoffs away. I get his frustration. He's got to face the team again. IMO good things will come from his actions.

LT is a different story.

Wow. You have absolutely lost all grasp on reality. Now apparently Holmes isn't to blame for his own actions, and him being a locker room cancer that the entire team has grown to hate is good for the team. You have officially gone off the deep end.

So I am supposed to be a happy camper with 8-8? While our arch rivals are finishing year in and year out at 10-6, 11-5, 12-4, 13-3, 14-2 and on and on and on....Come on dude.....I do agree with the other stuff you say, but the FO and Rex have gopt to be held accountable. We need a HC not a freakin players cheerleader. We need a FO to use the money they have been given by Woody to get good FA's and draft wisely. Just remember one thing, Rex did NOT build this team in 2009...That was Mangina! I am not a advocate for Mangina...I am Just saying!

I suspect Rex is going to tone down the rah rah stuff. I'm not exactly happy that we're 8-8 but I don't think it's the end of the world either.

They've finally gotten rid of Schotty, will hopefully get rid of Holmes, and will most certainly upgrade the safties and OL. These aren't impossible fixes here.

Seems to me that that trenches on both sides need minor tweaking but are looking pretty solid. A couple cuts, a good draft, and a key acquisition or 2 and this team is in great shape.

If the "worst locker room of all time" can go 8-8, just imagine what they can do next year after a facelift.

Starting with shipping Santonio the hell out of here. Should be easy to trade him since JIF proclaimed him borderline top 5 in the entire NFL and so many teams wan6ted him but he took the hometown discount with the Jets LOL

I suspect Rex is going to tone down the rah rah stuff. I'm not exactly happy that we're 8-8 but I don't think it's the end of the world either.

They've finally gotten rid of Schotty, will hopefully get rid of Holmes, and will most certainly upgrade the safties and OL. These aren't impossible fixes here.

Pac when Holems is gone the Jets will probably have Kerley and Turner as WR's so you can add that position to a need as well

Wow. You have absolutely lost all grasp on reality. Now apparently Holmes isn't to blame for his own actions, and him being a locker room cancer that the entire team has grown to hate is good for the team. You have officially gone off the deep end.

How you came to this conclusion from what I posted is beyond. But whatever.

I'm over this conversation.

I dont blame him for being frustrated. He handled it poorly. I think the delineation is pretty simple yet you are making it trivial.

Jif,who put the jets in a moire difficult situation:

1) Holmes, who has a large contract, showed his selfish side, and diminished to almost zero any chance to cut a malcontent or trading him

or

2) LT, who seemingly spoke the truth, and it costs the Jets NOTHING to part ways with him.

Which is the bigger dilemma moving forward?

So what your saying is its OK for a fully capable Idiot like Holmes to sit on the bench and bitch out his teammates but an Injured LT has no right to do so ? Good arguement . Brilliant

How you came to this conclusion from what I posted is beyond. But whatever.

I'm over this conversation.

Yeah, I don't know how I could possibly have came to the conclusion that you don't blame him and think it's a good thing from these quotes:

However, I dont blame him.

IMO good things will come from his actions.

Pac when Holems is gone the Jets will probably have Kerley and Turner as WR's so you can add that position to a need as well

I honestly think Kerley, Turner, and Scooter Mcknight would have had better statistical years then the crap that was thrown out there this year. You ever work with someone you genuinely hate? not easy..

but yeah... goes without saying they'll look to upgrade that spot as well.

Jif,who put the jets in a moire difficult situation:

1) Holmes, who has a large contract, showed his selfish side, and diminished to almost zero any chance to cut a malcontent or trading him

or

2) LT, who seemingly spoke the truth, and it costs the Jets NOTHING to part ways with him.

Which is the bigger dilemma moving forward?

Holmes. But that doesnt make LT any less of a coward.

So what your saying is its OK for a fully capable Idiot like Holmes to sit on the bench and bitch out his teammates but an Injured LT has no right to do so ? Good arguement . Brilliant

Not what I said. But thanks. I respect all your opinions. I just disagree with you. From now on, I'll just agree with everything you guys type because clearly there should only be one unified opinion on this board.

Holmes is nowhere near one of the best in the league except for in his own head, and that's part of the problem. There is absolutely another way to cure this mess, get this POS and anyone like him off of the team and then Rex regaining control of his team. If winning cured all, the Steelers wouldn't have been so quick to give him to the Jets for peanuts.

Come on. Holmes is definitely one of the best. He won us 4 games last year ALONE. The problem with getting rid of him and any player like him on this team is the fact that most of our team is filled with players like him.

Your delusions know no bounds...

Yeah my dilusions ... So we draft Luck Take a cap hit for Sanchez and you can explain after we pay Lucks salary where the money is coming from to Fix the O-Line, WR, Safeties, blocking TEs ? Oh wait My dilusional a$$ forgot Luck makes all the Jets Better like Peyton Manning would My mistake

Come on. Holmes is definitely one of the best. He won us 4 games last year ALONE. The problem with getting rid of him and any player like him on this team is the fact that most of our team is filled with players like him.

Why dont you make like a real Ghost and dissapear

It is impossible for any player on any football team to win games ALONE. Someone has to throw the ball. Someone has to block. Someone has to stop the other team from scoring.

Holmes doesn't seem to get this equation either.

The guy is a career #2 receiver who has one season under his belt as a #1 receiver and it was an unmitigated disaster. After his Super Bowl game, everyone dubbed him as one of the best and have tried to justify it ever since then. The fact that people try to credit him for single-handedly winning so many of the Jets games last year only proves that point, considering how laughable that is. My personal favorite has to be the credit he gets for that Cleveland game after it was his fault the game even lasted that long, because he dropped what should have been the game-winner at the end of regulation. The Texans game is another good one considering Edwards' reception was about 1000 times more impressive than Holmes'.

The truth is there's next to no evidence throughout his entire career that supports Holmes' being anything but a pretty good starting receiver with a horrendous attitude and garbage work ethic, outside of a litany of excuses why it isn't his fault that he's never actually consistently performed at the level he's allegedly at. He makes the occasional cool looking catch so some people fall all over themselves in their praise of him, but the truth is he's an inconsistent, sloppy player with poor hands and ball security with an awful attitude. Don't get me wrong, the raw ability is certainly there, but the #1 reason he has never realized it is himself.

Archived