REX TO BE ON MIKE FRANCESCA RADIO FRIDAY 1:30 PM

DepressedJet

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been in the final four 2 times in the past 3 years with this style. We're not there this year, but the Ravens and the 49ers are there instead and they both have that style. So what do you mean?

Oh, and this is the only year of the 3 in which we didn't stay true to the style and look what happened. This is what people were begging for, abandon Rex's style... and you got it... no playoff berth.

ancient history...now I don't know why you stopped there and didn't remind us how Sanchez has won 4 playoff games on the road and what his QB ratings were...big difference from last year to this year and if you can't see it then you are being willfully blind...I'm watching a different game from 2009 and 10

Yeah, if you don't have an elite QB, you win any way you can. Look at the playoffs last year. We beat a passing Indy team by running the ball and playing good defense, we beat a passing NE team with a balanced offense and playing good defense, then we got beat by the steelers who ran the ball better and played better defense. Then the steelers lost to a passing GB team only because they spotted them 21 points off of 3 turnovers. Saying it doesn't work is just BS. The difference is that a team like that just has less room for error than a good passing team does, so they have to be better coached and more disciplined.

Obviously, if you have an elite QB, it would be dumb to try to build a team around a run game and defense. Build it around your elite QB's passing skills. But if you don't have one, it's one of the better ways to build a successful team.

We beat Indy because of a great return by Cro and Caldwell vaporlocking at tht end. Defense helped. We lost to Pitt because their QB is a great player and ours is crappy. So much so that he fumbles the ball in big spots at the worst of times. It's not complicated;we need a real QB. 3 of the 4 teams left are getting superior QB play-Brady, Eli and Smith last week. May be Sanchez can be Alex Smith, but I do not see it. And if there is a chances to get a real QB, be it in the draft( and I don't pretend to know enough about NCAA to know) or as a FA, DO IT. Cut bait . Enough BS. Do what has to be done. Because if Tanny and RYan don't get it turned around they will soon be out of jobs. And were I in that position the tender feelings of Mark Snachez wouldn't be a consideration at all after I gave him the chance to make millions and bang starlets.

Are you inherantly angry at him giving his opinion about who will win, or is it because it differs from yours?? Followup question: if he said the patriots would dominate the ravens, would you still care that he "didnt learn his lesson from Jacobs?". .

What other current NFL HC has given his AFC or NFC predictions? Do you see Jason Garrett picking SF to win because he dislikes the Giants?

Quite frankly, it doesnt matter who Ryan picks because he is so full of $hit.

Ummm so many experts all giddy over pats!!! patholes were only team with 2 byes in playoffs. Joe Flacco played vs 2nd best Def in NFL, not many QB's look good vs Texans. Flacco will go over 300 yds vs Holes. Pats still havent beat a team over 500, yet most experts taking the frauds. Their Def is still slapdick, look at Jills game, had not Stevy Johnson not been kicked out of game by coach, they would have put up 30 pts.

Flacco is drooling and so is Ravens Def

Ummm so many experts all giddy over pats!!! patholes were only team with 2 byes in playoffs. Joe Flacco played vs 2nd best Def in NFL, not many QB's look good vs Texans. Flacco will go over 300 yds vs Holes. Pats still havent beat a team over 500, yet most experts taking the frauds. Their Def is still slapdick, look at Jills game, had not Stevy Johnson not been kicked out of game by coach, they would have put up 30 pts.

Funny stuff.

Flacco has passed for over 200 only once in about 7 playoff games.

What other current NFL HC has given his AFC or NFC predictions? Do you see Jason Garrett picking SF to win because he dislikes the Giants?

Quite frankly, it doesnt matter who Ryan picks because he is so full of $hit.

What other current head coach has been asked point blank who he thinks would win?? What other head coach was a former employee and super bowl coach of one of the final four teams left??

And clearly it does matter or you wouldn't be so bent out of shape over it. Additionally, you failed to answer either of the questions in which you quoted: talk about full oh sh*t.

So what? Bellicheat, lo0ve him or hate him, got his start as an LB coach with Parcells, so he knows defense. His defense statistically wasn't very good except when facing incompetent QBs like Sanchez. If a guy like that, who coached LT in his prime, has decided defense isn't all that important, may be it's something to consider. The NFL goes through cycles, and right now offense and passing are what wins.That's the rules, that's what the NFL and TV wants. If you want to hang you hat on being ranked 5th against the run, or having the #1 rushing offense, good for you. But it might not matter. Bellicheat is many things, dumb isn't one of them. He understand he lucked into Brady, but he is going to ride him as far as it goes.The concern here is based on what he said yesterday it remains to be seen if Rex cana dopt. Because when it mattered his defense stopped nobody and hsi team doesn't score enough. It looks a lot like a replay of his dad's failed career righ now.

So what? Bellicheat, lo0ve him or hate him, got his start as an LB coach with Parcells, so he knows defense. His defense statistically wasn't very good except when facing incompetent QBs like Sanchez. If a guy like that, who coached LT in his prime, has decided defense isn't all that important, may be it's something to consider. The NFL goes through cycles, and right now offense and passing are what wins.That's the rules, that's what the NFL and TV wants. If you want to hang you hat on being ranked 5th against the run, or having the #1 rushing offense, good for you. But it might not matter. Bellicheat is many things, dumb isn't one of them. He understand he lucked into Brady, but he is going to ride him as far as it goes.The concern here is based on what he said yesterday it remains to be seen if Rex cana dopt. Because when it mattered his defense stopped nobody and hsi team doesn't score enough. It looks a lot like a replay of his dad's failed career righ now.

I'm not sayin pats wont win, but ravens are scoring points and i'm counting on ravens Def to be difference, last i looked Brady's career passin % vs ravens is 55%

I'm not sayin pats wont win, but ravens are scoring points and i'm counting on ravens Def to be difference, last i looked Brady's career passin % vs ravens is 55%

It's in Foxboro.

The NFL loves the Pats.

Fully expect Brady to call one penalty himself.

But you cannot get around that the Ravens offense due to Flacco's suckitude is awful.

ancient history...now I don't know why you stopped there and didn't remind us how Sanchez has won 4 playoff games on the road and what his QB ratings were...big difference from last year to this year and if you can't see it then you are being willfully blind...I'm watching a different game from 2009 and 10

I'm watching one in which at least 2 of the final four teams follow the ground and pound/good defense model.

What other current head coach has been asked point blank who he thinks would win?? What other head coach was a former employee and super bowl coach of one of the final four teams left??

And clearly it does matter or you wouldn't be so bent out of shape over it. Additionally, you failed to answer either of the questions in which you quoted: talk about full oh sh*t.

Who knows who else has been asked. None have been stupid enough to answer.

Fatboy will have a real dilemma on his hands with his SB pick if the Giants and Pats win tomorrow.

He hasnt played a creampuff Def like this b4 either, U do know he swept Pitt right?

The Pats D is better than "yards allowed" indicates. Redzone defense, defensive turnovers and 3rd down % are more important. When the NFL starts to base wins and losses off yards then I'll start to be concerned.

Pitt turned the ball over 7 times in the first Balt vs Pitt game. No team including the Pats can overcome a deficit like that.

The Pats D is better than "yards allowed" indicates. Redzone defense, defensive turnovers and 3rd down % are more important. When the NFL starts to base wins and losses off yards then I'll start to be concerned.

Pitt turned the ball over 7 times in the first Balt vs Pitt game. No team including the Pats can overcome a deficit like that.

Only thing wrong there-turnovers really are more a function of the other team's offense being sh*tty. It's random for your defense, not a variable you really control. Which is why despite the Packers bragging about that stat all season they are watching at home today. It really covered up the fact that the Packers' defense was really awful at stopping teams unless those offenses turned the ball over.

Archived