traditions

JetFanByMarriage

With the holidays approaching I was wondering what traditions everyone might have?

One we do is celebrate the Feast of Saint Nicholas by putting the childs shoe by the window the night of dec 5th and St Nick leaves a small gift in it in preparation for Christmas. It is a fun way to start the countdown for the kids. :)

When my grandmother passed on, I took over making a German Stollen (fruit bread) for Christmas. We have it for breakfast Christmas morning, and it reminds us of her.

Never had that. That is a pretty cool tradition though...you need something quick on Christmas morning. Can eat too long, while the presents are just begging to be opened.

Irish Soda bread is what we had growing up.

yes!! :D "thank you very much"

yes ...we fry a bit of him every year.... like the oil we hope the bit we have lasts eight nights! :lol:

Seriously, are those like hash browns or something?

Sounds good, but you DO know that fried things are not healthy! :mrgreen:

Seriously, are those like hash browns or something?

Sounds good, but you DO know that fried things are not healthy! :mrgreen:

they are not healthy??? :shock: next you will tell me that exercise will help me tone and that chocolate causes acne!!! :roll: sheesh... :lol:

they are not healthy??? :shock: next you will tell me that exercise will help me tone and that chocolate causes acne!!! :roll: sheesh... :lol:

I don't care how bad latkes are for your health. If you're worried about that, pile your helping onto my plate. There is nothing better than a plate full of potato latkes with applesauce or sour cream.

:wtf: Stop hijacking my thread!!!! :D I do not start too many!!! That includes you too MAX! :D

One tradition of jetnation I see is hijacking of threads

Fish on Christmas Eve is always -especially with an Italian family background

hey JFBM!! i was talking about my traditions for hannukah ;)

i am an applesause and latke eater :D

delicious..............mmmm

alright GG I will take you out of it but max and verde discussing healthy stuff, no excuses for that! :)

BTW verde we used to do a christmas eve, eve party too. Just not enough time on christmas eve and christmas day to do all the celebrating!!! \:D/

we actually get invited to our friends for Christmas Eve... and we have a traditional Italian Christmas eve din!!! TONS of fried food... lots of seafood and fish!!!

and of course pasta!!! :D

sooooo yummy ;)

we bring latkes!! :lol:

alright GG I will take you out of it but max and verde discussing healthy stuff, no excuses for that! :)

BTW verde we used to do a christmas eve, eve party too. Just not enough time on christmas eve and christmas day to do all the celebrating!!! \:D/

Yes, gg, you were unfairly thrown in the mix. This time!:wink:

JFBM, you should know after all this time that hijacking is actually good for a thread. It usually extends the life of it! :D

That's funny that you did Christmas Eve eve, too!

Another tradition.....on Christmas Eve, playing Yatzee!

we actually get invited to our friends for Christmas Eve... and we have a traditional Italian Christmas eve din!!! TONS of fried food... lots of seafood and fish!!!

and of course pasta!!! :D

sooooo yummy ;)

we bring latkes!! :lol:

That is nice that you take part in their holiday festivities! I was able to partake in many Jewish festivities with a family I used to babysit for. I enjoyed learning about their traditions.

This just in...Fried Foods = Bad for you. Film at 11.

:mrgreen:

We have an update: No matter what you eat, you'll eventually die, anyway. Tune in tomorrow for a special JetNation Weekend Edition.

As for traditions, I mostly try to get through a day of my family, my parents, my brother's family and, sometimes, my sister's family - all jammed into one house - without screaming.

We have an update: No matter what you eat, you'll eventually die, anyway. Tune in tomorrow for a special JetNation Weekend Edition.

As for traditions, I mostly try to get through a day of my family, my parents, my brother's family and, sometimes, my sister's family - all jammed into one house - without screaming.

That's alot of travel Bob!!! And, no doubt, alot of screaming.

(Breaking News: Some will die earlier than others due to poor health. And then there are those who actually care about what their bodies look like!)

TRADITIONS:

ONE CHRISTMAS STOCKING GIFT OPENED ON CHRISTMAS EVE!

I don't have any relatives in this time zone so to me Christmas tradition is traveling and getting together with as much family as possible

It helps me remember...

- the limited gene pool from where I came

- how petty the family squabbles are

- that I'm an antisocial ba$tard for wanting to turn the game on TV

- how much people love to talk about their gifted offspring (translation = "I'm gifted")

- poor table manners

and most importantly

- to drink more than usual to soften the above

:)

pass the salt,

d

I don't have any relatives in this time zone so to me Christmas tradition is traveling and getting together with as much family as possible

It helps me remember...

- the limited gene pool from where I came

- how petty the family squabbles are

- that I'm an antisocial ba$tard for wanting to turn the game on TV

- how much people love to talk about their gifted offspring (translation = "I'm gifted")

- poor table manners

and most importantly

- to drink more than usual to soften the above

:)

pass the salt,

d

van

Salt is bad for you! :mrgreen:

I like to put on just my Christmas stocking and go to all the neighbors houses and sing them christmas carols.

I start off with some right said fred..."Im too sexy for this stocking"

A few bars of "Oh come ye smizzy" and then top it off with "Joy to my crotch...the time has come...for you...to rub...my crotch"

I never make it passed the 3rd house. Cops get me everytime!

I like to put on just my Christmas stocking and go to all the neighbors houses and sing them christmas carols.

I start off with some right said fred..."Im too sexy for this stocking"

A few bars of "Oh come ye smizzy" and then top it off with "Joy to my crotch...the time has come...for you...to rub...my crotch"

I never make it passed the 3rd house. Cops get me everytime!

Awesome, Smizz. =D> Hysterical. :lol: I'm spending Christmas with you.

Archived