Star Wars Mafia #2 - Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan hasn't posted much, which In itself does not tell me much since that's how she has played recently. Her posts themselves have not pinged me as much as some other posters in the game. She hasn't pushed a train especially hard and her list of suspects i haven't had a real problem with it.

For instance, i find lily voting whatever train is convenient to her and then fabricating a weak reason to vote me a bigger red flag.

I think you're cuddly.

Lily is troubling me too. And DPR. And several others. You're farther down the list for me right now.

Would you mind offering some rationale?

Each time you've voted you have offered very little in evidence and at this point its getting a little disconcerting.

Thanks in advance.

This is contrived. You take an obvious issue and make a light comment about it to stay relevant, but without really making a statement.

Dan is playing classic Dan scum:

1. Lay-low for a D or 2.

2. Then, drift in with a few seemingly innocuous posts.

3. FOS obvious targets, but without any evidence so that there is no real backlash.

My vote stays on DarthX, and when she flips scum, JC will be added to my list of strong possibles (Smash, Nae, JiF).

This is contrived. You take an obvious issue and make a light comment about it to stay relevant, but without really making a statement.

1. Lay-low for a D or 2.

3. FOS obvious targets, but without any evidence so that there is no real backlash.

My vote stays on DarthX, and when she flips scum, JC will be added to my list of strong possibles (Smash, Nae, JiF).

Your a clown...you've added very little commentary yourself...but thanks for the inspirational pics...but now you want to link Dan and I...brilliant...bloody brilliant detective work bozo.

1. Lay-low for a D or 2.

Oh...btw...your in my top 3 at this point as well...so bring it on...

1. Lay-low for a D or 2.

I agree DanX is playing scum as well as Sharrow.

Okay.

Why don't you explain to the kids why no other player has been :shutit: :shutit: :shutit: :shutit: :shutit: . That ought to be a hoot.

Never suggested it was anything more than a joke...you think there is more to it? Maybe you should play here more often...you might get the humor in it...either way...if that is all you got...weak...expected more from someone with your reputation...your scum manufacturing skills are vastly overrated.

Since you went to the trouble of typing a couple of smilies...thought I'd provide the jury the evidence against you...let them weigh the facts and all that.

Okay, I'm serious now. This game is ridiculous.

Summy Scumbat is scummy. Vote Wombat and string up the varmint. Again.

Vote Count

80 (2) - SMC, Wombat

Lily (3) - Vic, Nae, Sakaea

Dan (2) - JiF, Hess

Smash (2) - Crusher, JC

Wombat (8) - Dan, JVOR, AVM, 80, Lily, Brett, Klecko, DPR

Brett (1) - Ape

With 23 players alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Nice momentum vote here...put WWWombat comfortably in the lead.

You forgot to include the headline ***DISTANCE VOTE***

Also, when you get back to the mafia HQ, tell Wombat that killing Leelou kinda gave him away. That is all.

Here you go identifying one DMer as the person behind Leelou's death.

Right, but your math only accounts for the odds of ONE of them being scum. There's a different formula for figuring the odds of BOTH being scum. Additionally, your response doesn't account for the FACT (one of the few facts we have so far) that CTM was a town symp converter. Which means that there is a player (or players) that can be converted to either the dark or good side of the force. Which completely skews the odds to a point where we can't accurately make statements about odds until we understand the setup better... I find it unlikely you overlooked this detail.

I also called JF80 on the same thing in bold. I'm not dead. Ironically, it looks to me like you are doing the same scummy thing trying to pin the CTM death on 80. Frankly, this reeks like a setup.

As for what you're saying about a DM player taking out Leelou... there you go again, doing the same scummy thing trying to pin the Leelou death on a single player from DM... when there are how many DM players in this game?

Unvote

Vote SMC

If we don't lynch Wombat today, but vote will be on SMC. I don't like the way he's arguing with the Ape on the "DMer shot Leelou" thing. Ape is correct on this, and SMC should know better.

Here's the Ape calling SMC out for the same thing...

Why are you two numbnuts trying to whip this into an issue when everybody thought it, no one can prove it, and now your just taking up space by continuing to beat it to death? Let it go, man...

Here is you trying to get the Ape off his SMC case.

Verbal is saying that I'm right in the argument that assuming that when a DMer is NKed, a DMer did the killing is stupid.

A DMer could very well have killed Leelou, you get no argument from me about that. There are less DMers left than there are JNers, so technically the odds point to a JN shooter. To draw a conclusion the way SMC has talked about, is intro to mafia naiveté. He's much smarter than this. Simply put the answer to "who killed Leelou?" is wifom. Would a DMer do it? Or would a JNer do it to make it lok like a DMer did?

Ultimately, we don't know - Which is why we RARELY spend time theorizing about who killed who and why, based purely on non-factual information and meta information. There's a lot of it being discussed this game for some reason, but we're normally better players (as a whole) than what I'm seeing so far. The conjecture and posts trying to pin blame on certain people for the deaths so far is very remedial.

Here is Verbal agreeing with the Ape that this kind of playis scummy and SMC should have known better.

If your that hard over on blaming someone for suggesting WWWWombat killed Leelou how come your not voting DPR...pretty sure he suggested it before SMC...

I didn't see the logic at the time but did bring up the FACT you were actually the first player to bring it up and you and SMC were actually proposing the same idea. So looking at it...in hindsight...Ape and Verbal were right and SMC was scum...and since you made the same argument...I'm thinking your stinking as scum as well...

With that...do you have more to offer other than smilies and inspirational pics?

Thanks in advance.

Got

Well then, allow me to retort in blue:

Since you went to the trouble of typing a couple of smilies...thought I'd provide the jury the evidence against you...let them weigh the facts and all that.

I really didn't expect to strike a nerve in you so easily, but if you're going to offer yourself up, all the better!

Nice momentum vote here...put WWWombat comfortably in the lead.

Because 7 votes wasn't enough. *insert jerk-off smiley here* All of the other trains were at 2 or 3. My 8th vote didn't make a difference either way, but it's nice of you to try and make it look like it did. And, for the record, that was the second day I voted to hang Wombat - so I guess you need to go back and make a bullsh*t case for D1.

Here you go identifying one DMer as the person behind Leelou's death.

This is just stupid. You want to post cryptic smileys and say that it was a joke (even though no-one got that joke), but you want to trump up a smart a$$ comment? This makes me think that you are trying to pull off whatever SMC was trying to do with this. See below.

Here's the Ape calling SMC out for the same thing...

I was as suspicious as everyone else when SMC jumped on that, and I immediately thought he was trying to draw me into another of our famous arguments (the first Star Wars game was our first...good times. You should play here more often.) and try to use my obvious joke to tangle me up into a useless mess.

Here is you trying to get the Ape off his SMC case.

Actually, that's me telling two numbnuts to stop blathering about bullsh*t, and to try and make it clear that I wasn't serious about Wombat killing Leelou. Again, trying to avoid being sucked into a scum-trap. i still don't really understand what SMC was trying to do with that - .

Here is Verbal agreeing with the Ape that this kind of playis scummy and SMC should have known better.

Already covered.

I didn't see the logic at the time but did bring up the FACT you were actually the first player to bring it up and you and SMC were actually proposing the same idea. So looking at it...in hindsight...Ape and Verbal were right and SMC was scum...and since you made the same argument...I'm thinking your stinking as scum as well...

I was the first player to bring it up. I'm also the first player to bring up the fact that you posted smiley's, and no one knows why. I'm the first player to vote for Dan today, and I was the first - and only - player to post a player list with my suspicions so that we could start cross-reffing and scum-hunt. Good catch though.

With that...do you have more to offer other than smilies and inspirational pics?

The only reason I'm actually answering you're questions instead of completely ignoring you is that I'm not 100% that you're scum, but I do find the fact that you are retro-casing me suspicious. Especially since it's after I called out Dan, and then pointed out your limp-wristed post to her.

As it stands, since we're already speculating that there are two teams at work here, I figure that we are either looking at teams of 3 or 4 each, and that these folks will be working together. the Empire team, in particular, seems to be working very effectively together, and at some point this will become noticeable, so that's why I'm looking for folks that still support Dan.

Thanks in advance.

You bet. And feel free to post your own player list with all of your suspicions. That'd be a big help and put you on record. ;)

Got

Well then, allow me to retort in blue:

First off, how do you know no one got the smiley joke...didn't see anyone else bring it up after I first addressed it...you must be tallking about it in the scum chat?

Second, you don't like the fact I'm asking for Dan to provide her reasons for voting? Trying to suggest I'm distancing? Weak...really...we want the same thing...Dan to provide why she's voting who she's voting...

Thirds, my top 3 for all to see...

Lily, the obvious scum tells...completely illogical. Her comment paraphrased "’m not going to vote 80 at this time I might vote him later to add some pressure. I honestly have a hard time with large games – getting a read on anybody" is complete BS. She offered to reveal...so lets run her up and force her to give us something or failing that get a lynch that will provide some intel

Hess, for the L-1 vote on WWWWombat after his reveal and after I had unvoted...we had not even discussed how we all wanted to proceed after WWWombat reveal...he just jumped on board the train and SMC hammered him home.

DPR, for the reasons listed above...plus the fact you actually give a fukk about smiley's and the code behind it...it was a red herring and the only purpose it served was to net the fool who thought it more than that.

First off, how do you know no one got the smiley joke...didn't see anyone else bring it up after I first addressed it...you must be tallking about it in the scum chat?

Why don't we take a poll then: Did anyone else "get" the joke, or did you think it was odd, and possibly signaling...because that's what I thought.

Second, you don't like the fact I'm asking for Dan to provide her reasons for voting? Trying to suggest I'm distancing? Weak...really...we want the same thing...Dan to provide why she's voting who she's voting...

Except I've voted for her, and you're just kind of dicking around, throwing a little suspicion on her, offering to run up Lily, and stop/starting arguments with me. Way to go Scumhunter :P

Thirds, my top 3 for all to see...

Lily, the obvious scum tells...completely illogical. Her comment paraphrased "’m not going to vote 80 at this time I might vote him later to add some pressure. I honestly have a hard time with large games – getting a read on anybody" is complete BS. She offered to reveal...so lets run her up and force her to give us something or failing that get a lynch that will provide some intel.

Lily has played exactly like this every game I've been in with her all season. I've already said that I have no idea what her alignment is, and I have no problem running her up - but she's an obvious target (like me) and I just think that we have more obvious players to focus on. Lily is back-pocket scum at best, so why not vote for Dan and get on with some real business instead of trying to distract everyone?

Hess, for the L-1 vote on WWWWombat after his reveal and after I had unvoted...we had not even discussed how we all wanted to proceed after WWWombat reveal...he just jumped on board the train and SMC hammered him home.

IMO, Wombat played very scummy and then claimed roleless in a very cocky, smarmy way. I had no problem with his lynch, and I still don't. If it was later in the game, I'd see your point, but on D2 with 25 (or whatever) players, you just look like you're trumping up cases on him like you are doing with me.

DPR, for the reasons listed above...plus the fact you actually give a fukk about smiley's and the code behind it...it was a red herring and the only purpose it served was to net the fool who thought it more than that.

This is only my second game all season .. I know Lily always seems scummy to me... but I'm kinda tired of the "big games confuse me" yadda yadda bs. Lily is one of those who has played up to 5 games at a time before. You can't tell me one big game is harder than 5 games of varied sizes. I can't keep track of two very well much less more than that. I forget who said what where in which game with the candlestick in the garden. Therefore Lily is in my top list of suspects. I feel it's merited more than just a "she's always suspicious to me" because of excuses being made such as the one I mentioned. Someone else mentioned she tend to flit in just after the lynch and act shocked. I've noticed that too.

Dan has been too quiet. I know not many of you will get this but she reminds me of an old player from DM who pulls that. She will sit quietly thru most of the game, making you almost forget she's even in it other than the random safe comment.. and then she will strike once your defences are down.

Dpr is being tricky... kind of lulling you into a false pretense that he isn't really even paying attention. But he is. Oh, is he ever.

How is Jif still alive? Doesn't someone usually kill him by now? I can never get a read on him. He spews too much ego.

Theguy has made some VERY good points considering it's his first game. I think he will be one to recon with. I'm liking that he joined us.

Never played with Klepto before. He seems to come in once in a blue moon and retort and then disappear again.

Kea seems a bit overly defensive but haven't played with her before either.

Vic was mod confirmed innocent in the OP but there was a recruiter in this game that died... no telling if there are others or if he's capable of being recruited to something. I go with the theory that after n1 he lost that status and is no longer "confirmed".

This is only my second game all season .. I know Lily always seems scummy to me... but I'm kinda tired of the "big games confuse me" yadda yadda bs. Lily is one of those who has played up to 5 games at a time before. You can't tell me one big game is harder than 5 games of varied sizes. I can't keep track of two very well much less more than that. I forget who said what where in which game with the candlestick in the garden. Therefore Lily is in my top list of suspects. I feel it's merited more than just a "she's always suspicious to me" because of excuses being made such as the one I mentioned. Someone else mentioned she tend to flit in just after the lynch and act shocked. I've noticed that too.

Nae, I haven't played in multiple games on the same site in a long while. I play one here and one on DM at the most now. Usually just one or the other. That argument is not valid anymore. I have real life reasons for this, which I won't get into. But I'm not the level of player I used to be. If you haven't figured that out by now, I don't know what to tell you. I do have a hard time getting a handle on big games these days. Hell, I'm just starting to have opinions on this one.

Nae, I haven't played in multiple games on the same site in a long while. I play one here and one on DM at the most now. Usually just one or the other. That argument is not valid anymore. I have real life reasons for this, which I won't get into. But I'm not the level of player I used to be. If you haven't figured that out by now, I don't know what to tell you. I do have a hard time getting a handle on big games these days. Hell, I'm just starting to have opinions on this one.

Do share...we value your commentary...

Here's my list, such as it is. Like I said, I'm only beginning to have opinions. I'm certainly not ready to really case somebody, which is why I haven't shared before, but since you asked....

2. StraightCash – no read

3. Vic – mod confirmed inn

4. Sharrow – is playing different, but can’t put my finger on it

5. Hess – no read

6. JiF – feels town

8. Klecko – no read

13. AVM – feels town

14. 80 – feels town

16. Migisi – feels town

17. Song Guy – no read

18. JC – leaning scum

20. Dan X – high on “possible scum” list

21. JVOR – also on scum list

22. Sakaea – no read.

23. Lily – town

24. Smash – no real read, leaning possible scum

26. DPR – feels town

27. Nae – no read – should have one by now

Top suspects (in no particular order) : Sharrow, JC, Dan, JVOR, Smash, Nae

Then if you look at the lynch trains, and assume there must be at least 2 scum on the "winning" trains:

Day 1

Unofficial Vote Count:

Nolder (11) - Smash, CTM, Nae, Leelou, Crusher, Vic, JiF, 80, Brett, JVOR, AVM

Wombat (6) - Dan, Song, Klecko, SMC, DPR, Lily

80 (6) - Sakaea, Pac, Hess, JC, Migisi, Nolder

StraightCash (1) - Sharrow

Lily (1) - Wombat

JiF (1) - Ape

Day 2

Final Vote Count

80 (2) - Wombat, Migisi

Lily (2) - Nae, Sakaea

Dan (1) - JiF

Smash (3) - Crusher, Vic, JC

Wombat (12) - Dan, JVOR, AVM, 80, Lily, Brett, Klecko, DPR, Smash, Theguy, Hess, SMC

Brett (1) - Sharrow

SMC (1) - Ape

I see Smash, Nae, and JVOR on Nolder's train, and Dan, JVOR, and Smash on Wombat. Hence my vote on JVOR. He feels scummy to me and was on both innocent trains. So was Smash, but I can only have one vote. I'd be happy voting any of my top suspects, but I like to have something behind it.

Then if you look at the lynch trains, and assume there must be at least 2 scum on the "winning" trains:

Day 1

Unofficial Vote Count:

Nolder (11) - Smash, CTM, Nae, Leelou, Crusher, Vic, JiF, 80, Brett, JVOR, AVM

Wombat (6) - Dan, Song, Klecko, SMC, DPR, Lily

80 (6) - Sakaea, Pac, Hess, JC, Migisi, Nolder

StraightCash (1) - Sharrow

Lily (1) - Wombat

JiF (1) - Ape

Day 2

Final Vote Count

80 (2) - Wombat, Migisi

Lily (2) - Nae, Sakaea

Dan (1) - JiF

Smash (3) - Crusher, Vic, JC

Wombat (12) - Dan, JVOR, AVM, 80, Lily, Brett, Klecko, DPR, Smash, Theguy, Hess, SMC

Brett (1) - Sharrow

SMC (1) - Ape

I see Smash, Nae, and JVOR on Nolder's train, and Dan, JVOR, and Smash on Wombat. Hence my vote on JVOR. He feels scummy to me and was on both innocent trains. So was Smash, but I can only have one vote. I'd be happy voting any of my top suspects, but I like to have something behind it.

Why are you randomly picking and choosing which names to pull off of trains? For instance, 80 was on both lynch trains and yet through your flawed reasoning you take it he's town? I'm sorry, who legitimately in this game is having a town read on 80 right now? Neutral at best is all i'll give you, there's nothing about his posts that would make someone feel townie on him. Additionally, Brett and AVM were also on both trains, yet one has a "no read" from you and the other has "feels town" read to you.

I.E. you are randomly selecting people on the basis that they were on both trains to use as reasoning that they are scummy. Not even mentioning the aforementioned people on your list. And yet again, I must point out, your reason for voting me was something you apparently had no trouble yourself voting for.

You also included Nae and Dan on your list, and yet they were only one of the lynch trains.

I.e. your reasoning as town is highly flawed and random or you are making stuff up to fit a vote.

I admit, it's early in the game to try to use voting patterns, but I have to start somewhere. I already admitted that I didn't have much to go on. I'm wondering why you (JVOR) are making such a big deal over my vote. It's only one and you aren't close to a lynch or anything. Your behavior is making me like my vote, to be honest.

Hey guys, gonna try to catch up a bit rather than watch all the Super Bowl pregame crap.

Surgery went well, thanks for the well-wishes. I do have to wear a plastic tube that drains fluids into a plastic container for the next couple of weeks, but other than that, no biggie.

Hey guys, gonna try to catch up a bit rather than watch all the Super Bowl pregame crap.

Surgery went well, thanks for the well-wishes. I do have to wear a plastic tube that drains fluids into a plastic container for the next couple of weeks, but other than that, no biggie.

Glad it went well, 80.

I admit, it's early in the game to try to use voting patterns, but I have to start somewhere. I already admitted that I didn't have much to go on. I'm wondering why you (JVOR) are making such a big deal over my vote. It's only one and you aren't close to a lynch or anything. Your behavior is making me like my vote, to be honest.

I'm not upset over your vote at all because i'm worried about getting lynched. I'm just pointing out the random reasoning you seem to have because it seems like you're trying to justify votes for some reason. It's making me think you might be scum, hence my vote on you.

Archived