Quitting Facebook

SoFlaJets

Not at all. Have you maybe considered that the remarkable piece of technology that enables you to keep in touch with the entire world via several mediums and market yourself for free isn't the problem?

here was my original point RJF:

"The other thing about FB was that competing musicians were going to my page and seeing where I was going and then trying to steal my gigs by undercutting me-that sucked and I'm glad I'm off of that site-for good"

It had nothing to do with any (personal) "problem" I was having or any criticism about the technology-I just kind of felt that it wasn't doing what I had hoped that it would do (and at one time DID do) for me-business-wise. I don't know, but somewhere along the line it changed among the south Florida musician community-and I'm not the only cat that feels this way, or that saw and felt the change...

It was a great tool for a while...

Zuckerberg's about to come close to having Buffet-levels of worth. I don't think you guys ruined it much. I do find it funny seeing older people tell each other they wish they could keep in touch more as they haul giant photo albums into restaurants to explain what they're up to.

True, true. Those bulky photo albums are cumbersome. It's awfully nice, however, to actually see a freind....talk to them in person and share things personally. An actual, in-person, conversation! Holy eff! The old, white person's way, I guess.

Internet friends do not exist right Theresa?

They do ;) .....but, honestly, I think the term "friend" has changed. Just because I sat behind you in Junior High School Spanish Class doesn't exactly make you my friend. It's just someone who was in my Junior High School Spanish Class a gazillion years ago.

Facebook has its good side also. I hooked up with my favorite cousin in the world through Facebook after not seeing her for over 30 yrs.

And I keep in constant contact with my Jets Road Trip buddies too.Dont put anything on there you don't wantto share and don't accept friends if you don't like them or trust them.

I don't like the fact it's like Stalkerville. But I'm a part of a sports group there and I can keep in contact with my Family

in Europe and South America so that's a very big plus for me.

But more power to ya

Facebook has its good side also. I hooked up with my favorite cousin in the world through Facebook after not seeing her for over 30 yrs.

And I keep in constant contact with my Jets Road Trip buddies too.Dont put anything on there you don't wantto share and don't accept friends if you don't like them or trust them.

Some guy named Al on my friends list apparently using it to send dudes dirty messages when his wife is asleep. I am not complaining, just saying it isn't all on the up and up lol.

Oh and I will respond to your message tonight. :)

Some guy named Al on my friends list apparently using it to send dudes dirty messages when his wife is asleep. I am not complaining, just saying it isn't all on the up and up lol.

Oh and I will respond to your message tonight. :)

That's funny because I use Facebook to send dirty messages to Al's wife.

Archived